“Nice stay with Family”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Indiana
“Nice stay with Family”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stopped here after a long day on the road (and fatigue from dealing with New Jersey traffic). No trouble finding it (with a GPS). Rooms were nice. Facilities were clean. Staff wasn't overly friendly, but wasn't rude. I couldn't help but notice a couple of spots (the matte on the prints in the elevator, the cover on the back door entry) were fixed with tape. Not a big deal, but noticeable.
The one minor negative was the showers. For the life of me, I thought it was defective. No mater how I manipulated the controls, I couldn't get it to work. I cleaned up as best I could, and headed down for breakfast. I stopped at the front desk to let them know it wasn't working. The young lady at the desk said "I guarantee you it's not broken. You have to pull it straight out." I asked if she heard that complaint a lot, and she said "all the time." Surely enough, I followed her advice later, and it worked like a charm. I can't help but wonder why they would stick with a shower design that a reasonably intelligent person couldn't figure out how to work. Otherwise, nice stay.

Room Tip: They are reasonably quiet. Our room was on the side facing the highway ramp, and I didn't notice...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed overnight at this motel after a family party on the 4th of July. The location was very convenient for us, and I chose the place because of favorable reviews and a reasonable price.

The check-in was easy. We were an hour our so early, but the room was ready. It was a basic room, but it had a microwave and a refrigerator. Everything was clean and looked new. The room did have a little bit of a musty smell, but I couldn't tell whether that was because of the setting on the air conditioner.

Anyway, we just wanted a quiet night's sleep, and that's what we got. The bed was comfortable, and even though we were on the side of the building facing a highway, I could not hear any noise from traffic. We liked the room, and thought that the lobby and parking were good.

Friends were also staying at the motel, and we had agreed to meet for breakfast at 9AM. I expected the (decent sized) dining room to be crowded, and it was. Since our friends had a nicer room on the 2nd floor, we put our breakfast on trays and ate in the room, using a dresser as a makeshift table. It was a pretty nice arrangement, and certainly better than the noisy dining room. The free breakfast was typical for this type of motel......you'd do better paying to eat at a diner, but it would be much less convenient.

We found the staff at this motel to be friendly and helpful. They certainly seemed to have plenty of help, and were there when you needed them.

We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Warren, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My girlfriend and I recently stayed here for one night as we were going to Dorney Park following day and driving from RI. Hotel is about 25 mins from park. The hotel is tucked away and a bit difficult to find at night. The highway heading toward hotel off interstate was so narrow I was terrified driving through!

A pet peeve was, when you walk in to entrance, there are people on each side sitting on benches puffing away on cigarettes. So as you enter the sliding glass door, you are walking through a plume of second hand smoke. Welcome to Easton Holiday Inn I guess..

Front desk workers were somewhat friendly but not overly accommodating. They did allow us to stay an extra 1/2 hour past check in which was appreciated.

I had requested a room not on highway side (front of hotel) and was told only accessible King rooms were available, and that was fine. Our room was right across from elevator on second floor directly above lobby and entrance, so interesting view of plumes of cigarette smoke from smokers at entrance.

The room was nice, althogh decor a bit dated compared to Holiday Inn in Chilicothe Ohio which I stayed at last year and again on this trip I am currently on. This Holiday inn however has decent decor. My love seat looked exactly like the one in picture on here from another guest, one cushion was crushed down compared to other.

The room was clean and the bathroom was pretty nice. Expected a walk in shower since it was accessible but was a regular tub with bars. The Tub was HORRIBLE at draining. After my girlfriend and I showered in morning, the water was an inch from over flowing. Not good since it is directly above lobby!!! That was actually one of a few disappointments.

The BIGGEST disappointment was no other entrances besides the lobby. I have never been to a hotel that does such a thing. There was a side exit we used near pool but it is only an exit and you can't go in through the door, only Lobby. So we only brought some stuff up as it felt weird carting many items in front of everyone in Lobby, as there were always people hanging out, in addition to cigarette smokers guarding the ONLY entrance.

The bed was a bit more firm than I prefer, but I slept okay, could have been better though... The Elevator/guests at elevator waiting were a bit noisy at times, and when we stood near connecting door to room next to us, could hear our neighbors talking.

The Breakfast was pretty good and was always well stocked! Milk (even chocolate), eggs, yogurt, bacon, horrible scrambled eggs, pancakes, muffins, bagels, bread, some gravy slop, and fruit. Also by front desk is a large assortment of fruits which was awesome!

I would likely stay here again if in area, as the price was very reasonable, although getting there is annoying, as is the cigarette smokers by entrance, and the entrance being only way into building. We also ate at Olive Garden down street, you could walk but it is very dark at night between OG and hotel... They let us in 3 minutes to close which was very nice!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mike M
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Quiet location. Very clean and nicely organized room. Even though our windows came out to the highway, it was still very quiet at night and we got a good nights rest. Breakfast was really good considering that it was a continental breakfast. There were two choices of yogurt, several choices of juices, and eggs and sausages. Can't comment on the tea and coffee as I did not try it.

While the hotel is more than satisfactory, the front desk staff was very unpleasant and unhelpful. But if you can ignore that, definitely a good place to stay for a night or two.

Room Tip: There are some rooms which share the wall with the vending machines and ice machines. If you are a l...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were in town for a wedding and a large group of us stayed here. Our room was large, clean, and had all the amenities we needed. I appreciated the pillow options of both firm and soft. Free Wifi was a nice bonus. Since I eat a light breakfast, I was pleased with the choices of fruits, cereals and breads. I didn't try the eggs, pancakes or meat choices. We actually had a brunch in a meeting room on the last day and the food was good. We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lark M
Claremont, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

After our GPS took us who knows where and Google maps rescued us, our stay was nice. Very friendly staff, standard HI breakfast fare and nice pool. There are also a nice selection of restaurants nearby.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank dnumme
Israel
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The hotel is nice - big rooms, nice gym/pool and they are very friendly at the front desk. They thank you for being a member and even write that on your room key with a little post-it note.
There are tons of fruits at the entrance and free coffee/tea and quaker oatmeal.
The only problem was my diners club credit card. They couldn't process the card and blamed Diners Club. That's funny because at the other HI Express/Candlewood/Indigo's i was staying they all accepted the card.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank gobitz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
Days Inn Easton
Days Inn Easton
#7 of 7 in Easton
Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton? Share your experiences!