“Great stay in Easton”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were in town for a wedding and a large group of us stayed here. Our room was large, clean, and had all the amenities we needed. I appreciated the pillow options of both firm and soft. Free Wifi was a nice bonus. Since I eat a light breakfast, I was pleased with the choices of fruits, cereals and breads. I didn't try the eggs, pancakes or meat choices. We actually had a brunch in a meeting room on the last day and the food was good. We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lark M

Reviewed May 12, 2014

After our GPS took us who knows where and Google maps rescued us, our stay was nice. Very friendly staff, standard HI breakfast fare and nice pool. There are also a nice selection of restaurants nearby.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank dnumme
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The hotel is nice - big rooms, nice gym/pool and they are very friendly at the front desk. They thank you for being a member and even write that on your room key with a little post-it note.
There are tons of fruits at the entrance and free coffee/tea and quaker oatmeal.
The only problem was my diners club credit card. They couldn't process the card and blamed Diners Club. That's funny because at the other HI Express/Candlewood/Indigo's i was staying they all accepted the card.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank gobitz
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Staff was wonderful... experience not so great! First updated King room had a Jacuzzi, but the Jacuzzi had a family of ants living in it... lots of them! Quickly transferred to another room which was standard for Holiday Inn Express, but I found dust all over. I used tissue to clean the inside of the refrigerator, because I wanted cold water for the next day. When I went to sleep, there were children running through the halls into different rooms... I deducted that a family (or families) must be on our floor, and the children were just having fun. I was actually at the hotel to present an early childhood workshop, so I understand children... but by 10 in the evening, I think this was not acceptable. If I wasn't presenting at the hotel's ballroom the next day, and if my room was not paid for by the conference, I would have checked out... instead, I kept looking for bugs and just feeling uncomfortable. Cannot comment on the breakfast, because I went to a nearby restaurant for obvious reasons. For me, it was disappointing... I will add the front desk was apologetic and helpful, but it doesn't make up for bugs, dirt, or noise!

Room Tip: Check for dust and bugs BEFORE unpacking... just my suggestions.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Beginningsteps
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Beginningsteps,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience you had with the room accommodations you received and any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Your standard HIX. Spacious rooms, comfy bed. Adequate, if not an ample breakfast. Good workout room and heated indoor pool were both nice. Easy access to 22 and I78, 5 minutes from downtown Easton. Just what we expected.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank IlProfessore21212
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had tickets to the Polar Express train ride in nearby Phillipsburg NJ the weekend in December that a snowstorm was predicted. Deciding 2 days before to get a hotel we found this through expedia. Best idea ever to stay over since the roads were terrible, but the hotel was a great experience. We had a king suite room with a king bed and a pull out sofa and our friends had a jacuzzi suite. We checked in and were given free cookies...a big plus on a cold, snowy day. The hotel staff provided us with menus so we could order in pizza to avoid going out in the snow for dinner. We spent some time in the indoor pool which was nice (but very chilly)...Breakfast the next morning was great. We even saw some of the staff from the Polar Express ride there...Room was clean, check in and out was easy, and it was a great place to sit out the snowstorm before heading home.
We already have plans to do the Polar Express next year and will definitely be staying over again, snow or no snow!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank denise353
Reviewed January 4, 2014

service was great 5 star hotel for 3 star prices. front desk polite, Melissa. Erin , Jessica all great pleasant always asking how everything going, housekeeping Armando and all housekeeping staff great.Wonderful room clean, neat, well stocked, bed comfortable, temperature control worked well . We stayed on New Years Eve and did not hear anything in hallways room was quiet. Lobby was clean homey and inviting, breakfast was well stocked great assortment , tables clean well spaced not feeling packed in like a sardine. Coffee, tea available 24 hours a days well as fresh fruit for snacking. This is our second stay this stay was 6 days and we will be back, Great staff , grounds ,parking, pool was also great plenty of towels and balls for the kids.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
Days Inn Easton
Days Inn Easton
#7 of 7 in Easton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton? Share your experiences!