Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton
$74
Good 3.5/5
TripAdvisor
Average 3/5
All reviewsolive gardenfront deskcookieslittle extraspancake machineroom facingcrayola factoryindoor poolample parkingbreakfast roomcrayola experiencenice tvking bednight's sleepshort driveair conditionervery clean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding in the area. Staff was friendly and helpful. Checked the room for cleaniness and found it acceptable although a bit tired and industrial looking decor. The price was more than acceptable and a decent fast food type of breakfast was included. The pancake maker did not work properly when I wanted a pancake so I chose the pre-made scrambled eggs to eat. Felt comfortable. Overall value was good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had stayed here before and had a decent experience but not so this time. Starting with calling the Holiday Inn Express toll free number to ask them for the direct dial for the Easton property and having the reservationist tell me to look it up on line. I told her I didn't have access to the web and asked if she could assist. She actually replied, "that's not my job" and hung up on me. I asked to use a smart phone of a stranger at the Newark airport and got the direct dial number. I called the hotel to say we would be arriving late due to a delayed flight but to please hold the particular room we had reserved which had a pullout sofa. I was told I had guaranteed my room and it would be all set. We arrived at the hotel at the time I estimated with the person I had contacted and we were issued a room for 3 with a king bed and no pullout sofa. I went back to the front desk and asked about the room I had reserved and inquired where my son was supposed to sleep in this room reserved for 3. The woman started saying I probably talked to the other person who was there earlier who she inferred is incompetent. She sent us to another room which had an odor like onion pizza. I went back and said it was not acceptable. She sent us to another room which had cobwebs, dust and grunge (by the way, none of these rooms had the pullout sofa we had reserved). We finally settled on a room with two double beds which didn't have an odor or cobwebs,. Through all the back and forth, the person at the front desk who was trying to be helpful was also frustrated because the relief person was late in arriving. I left explicit feedback regarding this visit at the survey request sent to me via email as a follow up to our stay. I left my contact information on the feedback and to date (5 months following our stay) I have heard nothing from the site management nor the corporate offices. Makes you wonder if they care. Based on this visit, the number one rating on Trip Advisor is not deserved.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear retucket,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience the the room condition issues might have caused you. I will make sure that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and be reviewed. Your comments are truly valuable, as this will give us an opportunity to look for areas to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you again on your next visit to the area.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights (Columbus Day weekend) while visiting family in the area. We picked the HIE based on the reviews on this site, and the fact that it was #1. I admit we don't get to stay in hotels very often, so we're probably a little starry-eyed, but we had a great time. The room was super clean, nice and big (had a little sofa and kitchenette space). My husband is diabetic, so we really appreciated the little in-room fridge for his insulin and juice. Beds were very comfortable (although the pillows marked "firm" really aren't!). I was a little leery because a noisy teenager's birthday party was parading through the hallways when we arrived, but the soundproofing in the room was very good and we didn't hear a peep after we got there. A brief guide to working the entertainment system might have been appreciated--3 separate remotes got me good and confused, although my husband worked it out eventually. Breakfast was very good; the biscuits and gravy were a nice surprise for me and there were still plenty of choices for my vegetarian husband. (I think the fluffy scrambled eggs on the first day were superior to the flabby cheese omelet on the second, though.) Any staff we encountered were very pleasant. We didn't end up going swimming--the pool is on the small side and my husband was leery about how many kids were in it (you know what kids do in a pool). He said that the exercise facility was adequate but ended up being too tired to exercise. All told, we were very happy with the experience and we'll definitely come back here when we come to Easton again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is easily accessed but a bit off the main drive, so noise was not an issue. The staff are warm and professional, eager to please. The lobby area was stocked with fresh fruit and granola bars at all hours, and the self-service area for coffee, tea, etc. was likewise available round the clock. The rooms were clean and comfortable, though not luxurious enough for a really special occasion. Perfect for families or vacation travel. I felt welcomed and very comfortable there.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed at the Easton property for 3 nights while attending a wedding in New Jersey. I would say the property was OK major complaint was that they ran out of towels. When we called front desk for bath towels we were given pool towels. This was also a complaint from others at the hotel. Check in staff were very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family