“Finally discovered this little gem”

Nonna' Lia Italian Ristorante & Pizzeria
Ranked #75 of 282 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Use to be called "Pizza Chef" but changed name to "Nonna' Lia Ristorante & Pizzeria" because people thought it was just a Pizza Restaurant. My husband and I had their Veal Parmigiana & Antipasto with a bunch of friends in a quaint Italian atmosphere diningroom with fireplace & listened to live Italian-American Authentic Music/Singing Entertainment. Lehigh Valley Magazine voted them the best Original Gourmet Pizza, BUT---we want everyone to know they have way more than pizza in a Family Italian, Authentic italian food restaurant with wonderful atmosphere & entertainment. Of course, they have, take-out, & delivery but this place is much more! It feels like you went back home to Mom's house and are treated like family! All we can say is "Wow" Mussels, Lobster Ravioli, Best Antipaso I've ever had---and wonderful owners that made us feel more than welcome (like family). We have always used trip advisor and not members--it was worth me signing up to get the word out to my friends! Their Phone # 610-258-5800
Bethlehem, PA
“Finally discovered this little gem”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Lived in the area all my life, but never ate here until my girlfriend recommended it. We decided to eat here at 5:30 on a Friday - plenty of seating. We were pleasantly surprised after walking into the charming dining room because we thought it was a just pizza place. We were happily greeted right away, received excellent service, the food was Amazing, our waitress friendly and smiling. We each had a pasta dish which was Very tasty. Oh - and Nonna Lia is less than 10 minutes from our house - parking is plentiful. We will definitely go back!!

• Visited March 2014

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Love pizza”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Just love going there and be greeted by Rosalie and Joe, the owners. Great Italian menus and wonderful pizza. Go there often.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Barry M
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Listen to Customers to Succeed”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We have been going to this restaurant off and on for many years dating back to the Pizza Chef days. We stopped going a few years ago for some of the same reasons we experienced last night and will once again force us to walk away.

My wife has celiac (cannot eat gluten of any type) disease and they know it. Last night she order the Tilapia special. She reminded the server that she has Celiac disease and specified no flour or any other gluten in her meal. The dish came out and the Tilapia was sitting on top of pasta!

When the waitress finally came over (6 minutes later) to ask how our meals were I told her of the problem. She became defensive and immediately blamed the kitchen. FAIL!

The owner came over to see what was wrong. By this time my wife scraped off the fish part of the meal on to a bread plate and her meal looked like a traffic accident. The owner brought over some rice but at this point the meal was ruined.

I get it, mistakes happen. As the old saying goes, life isn't about what happens, it is how you react to what does happen. In that regard, this establishment failed. What should have happened?

1) The wait staff needs to be trained to understand that whatever the kitchen does, they (server) are in charge of the guest (NOT CUSTOMER) experience. In this case the server failed miserably and she needs to be retrained or fired immediately.

2) The establishment should have offered to remake my wife's meal.

3) In the absence of #2, my wife's meal should have been comp'd. Period.

For reasons including my wife's celiac we generally east in the same 5-7 restaurants, regularly. The potential downside of this is that the restaurant can get too familiar with you, get sloppy, and take your business for granted. In this case we have definitely felt the latter over the last few months and we will not be back but instead spend our very hard earned money elsewhere.

Restaurants need to understand that they are suppose to deliver an "experience" not a transactional exchange.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Scott G
Pennsylvania
“Enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've been to Nonna Lia's three times, twice with my family and once with a group of friends. The first time I ate there, the server brought a dish of dipping oil along with our bread, which was a nice touch. The second time, one of my friends asked for the dipping oil since we did not automatically receive it. After she requested it a 2nd time (she knew the owner), it was brought to the table. When I returned with my family and asked for it, the server told me they no longer offer that. The place is decorated nicely and definitely feels like you are in an "Italian Restaurant". The food was excellent each time I went. The salad was fresh and had a variety of ingredients. There was a nice choice of items on the menu, and you can bring your own wine. The average price for a meal is about $15.95, a few are less and some are more. I haven't tried their pizza, but they seemed to do a good take out business.

• Visited July 2013
usa
“I GIVE IT A GOOD REVIEW!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

After reading a multitude of bad reviews on Tripadvisor and google, I decided to give it a chance.
I went with my LDC on a Friday night. I called ahead for a reservation without any problems. It is still a BYOB. The waitress was very pleasant and efficient. I ordered the veal parm and my LDC ordered a seafood combo with a rosa sauce. The house salads were included and had a pink balsamic and vinegar dressing which wasn't sharp or bitter. My veal was excellent with a side order of pasta. My companion"s was also very good with a good section of seafood and a tasty sauce . I had no complaints which is unusual for me in an Italian restaurant. I will definitely return again.The pizzas looked tempting.

• Visited February 2013