“Excellent Food”

Nonna' Lia Italian Ristorante & Pizzeria
Ranked #61 of 278 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Use to be called "Pizza Chef" but changed name to "Nonna' Lia Ristorante & Pizzeria" because people thought it was just a Pizza Restaurant. My husband and I had their Veal Parmigiana & Antipasto with a bunch of friends in a quaint Italian atmosphere diningroom with fireplace & listened to live Italian-American Authentic Music/Singing Entertainment. Lehigh Valley Magazine voted them the best Original Gourmet Pizza, BUT---we want everyone to know they have way more than pizza in a Family Italian, Authentic italian food restaurant with wonderful atmosphere & entertainment. Of course, they have, take-out, & delivery but this place is much more! It feels like you went back home to Mom's house and are treated like family! All we can say is "Wow" Mussels, Lobster Ravioli, Best Antipaso I've ever had---and wonderful owners that made us feel more than welcome (like family). We have always used trip advisor and not members--it was worth me signing up to get the word out to my friends! Their Phone # 610-258-5800
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Excellent food and service. I've eaten here many of times, and it has always been wonderful. You can dine with friends or family and feel welcomed by the owners. Enjoy the pizza which you can top with your favorite item, yes even fried calamari can be put on!! Their delicious meals, which will cover your plate are satisfying and very affordable. A real treat to a wonderful meal was enjoying some of Nonna's homeade cookies for dessert.

Easton, Pennsylvania
“Best Calzone Around!”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My husband and I went our for dinner at Nonna Lia and had a wonderful dinner. My calzone was was excellent and the marinara sauce delicious. My husband had the veal parmigiana and was very pleased- he is still talking about the fresh bread and olive oil.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor quality of simple to make Italian dishes”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I just find it very difficult to believe that on a very quiet night, only 4 other patrons in the restaurant, the cook/chef could not muster better quality food. The food was very bland, tasteless and boring, the vegetables were soggy, the pizza and their bread has very little taste. The vodka sauce tasted like Velveeta, here we are in 2012 and this place is serving 1970's style Italian food. My only question is, how long can they possible last?
Give me a break, I think pretty much anybody with a good sense of Italian food will be able to cook circles around this so called Italian restaurant.

1 Thank GoodFoodLife
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I am not sure how long this restaurant has been in existence...it seems as if it is a pizza joint that decided to open a dining room. However, they don't seem to have a clue about how to run a restaurant where people actually eat in the establishment. I walked in, and waited in the lobby for about 5 minutes, in full view of the staff, with no one coming to seat me. Finally, I asked someone if the restaurant was open. She apologized and said she thought I was waiting to pick up a pizza. She seated me into an empty dining room (not a good sign, even though it was still early) and promptly forgot about me. After 10 minutes of waiting, with no one even coming by to pour water, I realized that my presence was totally superfluous to the objective of the business...selling pizzas for pick up. I walked out, and of course will never go back...not even for pizza! I have no idea if the food is any good, but if you are hungry, and expect to be served, DON'T GO HERE!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank tomcain
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Superb authentic italian food enjoyed in quaint/homey dining room with fireplace & excellent service!!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My husband and I were invited out with a group of friends about (20) for dinner & entertainment at Nonna' Lia Italian Ristorante & Pizzeria. We shared the best Antipasto I've had in years, plus Calamari Fritti. Then we enjoyed the most superb Veal Parmigiana and had to take some home since the portions were so large!! It was BYOB but we were offered a complimentary glass of wine with our meal! We also ordered cappuccino and dessert--excellent! The service was excellent, the owners treated us like family while we enjoyed a wonderful selection of Guitar Vocals ranging from Smooth Jazz to Pop in English, Italian & Spanish! When we first walked in, the one side was a pizzeria that smelled wonderful, we turned right and went into a very beautiful dining room with stone Fireplace. The restaurant was quaint, warm & cozy and very clean The owners Joe & Rosalie came out and said hello and talked to us--they are very nice people. We were made to feel very special just as if we were family! The service was prompt, the food was hot. We can't say enough good about this place except that you have to try it. We noticed they have Carry-Out, Pizza, Delivery, Catering and they are open Tues-Sat 10:30a.m. till 10:00 p.m. Plus on Saturdays they have live entertainment. This would be a nice place also for a office party, birthday party or any celebration. We were very happy that we went there & now will return there again. Often we have looked for authentic Italian cuisine like veal parmigiana at local italian restaurants which didn't offer it. This restaurant not only has that but also many home-made, fresh italian pasta creations like lobster ravioli that will make you feel like you are in Italy. They also offer a large variety of seafood including mussels, clams, scallops, shrimp etc. The prices were extremely reasonable as for the 2 of us including 2 dinner platters, shared Antipasto, soda with meal, cappaccino & dessert with a glass of complimentary wine each plus the live entertainment and cordial excellent service---all for our check price of $50. Where can you get all that and enjoy a wonderful evening with friends or family at that price. We will be going back many times and want to get the secret out about this great place on William Penn Hwy in Easton. Enjoy your meal & entertainment.

• Visited July 2011