“Bring Your Best Wine”

Dining options: Reservations
Boston, MA
“Bring Your Best Wine”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

If it was possible to find a drawback to Megs and Mads, it would be the lack of a liquor license. But since they allow you to BYOB, the best advice is to stop by your favorite cellar on the way to dinner. That way you are assured of having whatever you want with what will certainly be a memorable meal.

My son and I are touring colleges this week. We just finished in Philadelphia and plan to visit Lehigh tomorrow. After a white knuckle drive through snow and ice, we were looking for someplace decent that would get us fed well before hitting our hotel. My son found the reviews for M&M and we decided to give it a shot.

What a find! This is a very quaint little spot with just a handful of tables on the edge of campus at Lafeyette College just up the hill from Easton. My son has food allergies, and they could not have been more accommodating. We both began our meal with potato and bacon soup. Fabulous in flavor and consistency, with a generous sprinkle of fresh crisp bacon on top. Next, I had the braised short ribs in Asian sauce served over stir-fried veggies and grits. The meat was fork tender, melt in your mouth and not very fatty at all. Presentation was equally superb - the meat was beautifully arranged in the middle of a large bowl filled with the grits, topped with the veggies. The whole thing was topped with a nest of fried rice noodles. My son enjoyed the strip steak, cooked perfectly, served with a generous helping of Yukon mashed potatos and perfectly sauteed spinach.

Portions were very generous - perfectly sized to help you skip desert, which we did. But only because we were completely full.

Service was exceptional. The owners(?) husband and wife were more than attentive. Their daughters (Meg and Maddie) were present, but sat quietly playing and helping their folks with clearing and re-setting tables. The kitchen is open to the dining room, so as we were asking about foods for allergens, owner-chef (Steve?) was able to check immediately any sauces and give us complete assurance. The only thing they could not check was the bread, which came from another vendor without ingredients, so my son had to skip it. He was not disappointed.

If my son finds himself in the Lehigh Valley for school, there is no doubt this will be a regular stop for the family.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Remdawg30

“One of my favorite places to eat!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I met friends to celebrate a birthday and had a fantastic meal. We had a table directly next to the "open kitchen" in the back of this small establishment and did not feel at all uncomfortable (I thought it might be too loud but no worries). This is a BYOB restaurant which saves spending 8 bucks for a glass of wine. The menu choices are interesting, fresh and everyone enjoyed their meal. Service was friendly and attentive.

• Visited March 2013
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Excellent modern fare in a casual setting”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We went on a recommendation and now would like to make the recommendation. Byob. We called for reservations and took the only sat night time available at 8:45.
Setting is in an old house on college hill near Lafayette in Easton. Dining area is set up in the "living room/dining room" full house but didn't feel crowded. We ordered the oysters on half shell. Perfect. Must have received an excellent batch. My wife had the duck breast and I had the baby lettuces for a salad( just SO good!) I had the pan seared buffalo steak. Perfect!
We'll be back. Looking forward to it.

Pittstown, NJ
“Always Great”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Chef Steve is always on spot with the menu. I have never had anything but an outstanding meal here. The Veal Bolognese I have actually ate as desert its so good. I have had pretty much every dish they have and just tremendously enjoyed it. I regularly eat top restaurants in NYC and would pick Megs and Mads over the best NYC restaurants for food and comfy atmosphere. BYOB is just a bonus. Never think twice about eating here. You will love it.

• Visited February 2013
Easton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Really good food”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hi, my husband and I went to dinner at Megs & Mads. I have to say that was one of the best meals we have had in a long time. The restaurant is small but quaint with a pleasant atmosphere. Highly recommend it.

• Visited February 2013