“Greet Us By Name”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Diner 248

Diner 248
Ranked #2 of 276 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Diner 248 is a family friendly diner-style restaurant offering a full menu of delicious food, desserts & a full-service bar. Diner 248 serves breakfast until 2pm.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greet Us By Name”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

What can i say bad about this place!?! Nothing that i can think of right now! I have a dinner group after church on sundays and this is a FAV spot Definetly on a sunday afternoon when the EAGLES are playing! Tv EVERYwhere make it easy to conversate eat and watch the game from any seat! The food is great! i have not ventured far from the wings (honey bbq) but i have tasted burgers salmon and much more from here and i can not say anything bad or blanned and the one time we did have a problem the manager took care of it promptley and with our satisfaction! No place is PERFECT!!! We are all human but to have GREAT service is a plus! I Love this place and recommend it all the time with not one complaint! WAY TO GO GUYS!!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank EAPA_MomWfeME

Easton, Pennsylvania
“Lost a regular customer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family was visiting from out of town and since I often go to Diner 248, decided to take them there. There were 10 people. My son ordered an omelet and added mushrooms, bacon and extra cheese. We it arrived, it was bland. So he asked the waitress if he could order something else (mind you, as it turned out, something with a higher price). He also asked if his omelet would be taken off the ticket. She asked the manager. The manager came over and told him that because he had created the omelet, that he would have to pay for it. My son explained that it was bland, no seasoning or flavor. The manager then condescendingly reminded my son that he runs a successful establishment (a fact that had nothing to do with the bland and tasteless omelet), and that, unfortunately, he couldn’t take it off the tab. My son told the manager that firstly, he didn’t care about the “success” of the establishment. Also that we were spending almost $150 dollars and that taking the omelet off could have been simple. He reminded the manager that he was ordering something more expensive anyway. The manager did not relent. My son was disappointed, but said okay. It took my friend to pull the manager aside and talk with him privately to convince the manager to take the omelet off the tab. The manager came over and apologized for the “miscommunication.” He finally agreed to take it off the tab – something he should have done from the beginning. It was never about the money anyway. It was about customer service. It was about the way the manager “talked down” to my son. Mind you… we’re talking about 3 eggs, and few mushrooms, bacon and cheese! Really Mr. Manager? You’ve lost a loyal customer!

• Visited November 2013
6 Thank Carol B
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Consistently VERY tasty, breakfast, lunch or dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

We are regulars here. I am a food snob...when my wife suggested here for dinner, I accepted with
ill grace. Whoa, dude, my error ! Mom knows best. Had a tasty martini, and chicken croquettes,
first time in years. I am consistently most pleased with our continuing tasty meals here. As a diner,
I rate this place superior !

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank PJPILOT
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service and food ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten there a dozen or more times and we have had a great experience each and every time. The waiters and waitresses are very pleasant and the food is always good.

1 Thank gehrig04
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Beyond diner food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Truly fresh everything is well thought out on the menu. Great choices I eat here quite often especially for breakfast. My favorites peach Melba pancakes which have peaches in the center with a raspberry sauce. The Greek yogurt with granola, strawberries blueberries. Wing night Wednesday has a big choice of wings all are excellent. You will not be disappointed

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ashyn F

Been to Diner 248? Share your experiences!