“Can't go wrong”

Diner 248
Ranked #2 of 279 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Diner 248 is a family friendly diner-style restaurant offering a full menu of delicious food, desserts & a full-service bar. Diner 248 serves breakfast until 2pm.
Long Island, N.Y.
“Can't go wrong”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Good mix menu, reasonably priced. Service was fine. Family friendly across the street from the Hampton Inn. Spacious and clean, food served to our party of seven was fresh, hot and refreshing. Don't think those 'Applebees' two for twenty deals are so great. There are a lot of choices in this area but don't overlook this place if you can.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Gary O

Lompoc, California
“Good food , great service, reasonable price.”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

It took most of vacation but finally we had a really good meal! Diner 248 was a refreshing change They have a full bar and an extensive menu with something for everyone. Seriously, everything from liver and onions to broiled scallops! The food was very good. It has basic diner type seating but is quite large inside. You don't have the kitchen noise that can be part a lot of diners. There are special deals for seniors which is always a plus, especially since we had a couple in our party. All in all this was a a nice dining experience and I will be sure to return the next time I'm in the area.

• Visited July 2013
timesleader
“Extremely overpriced”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is basically a diner- one of many in the Lehigh Valley. What distinguishes it are its prices. Two eggs, home fries, toast and coffee will set you back $7.20- over $9.00 after the tip! This is essentially twice the cost of other diners in the Valley. There's nothing special about the ingredients or preparation.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank sonofdevildan
Branchburg, New Jersey
“Its a good diner”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food is consistently good, but slightly over priced for what it is. We have been here and when we have had big groups of family have taken them here. Its often really busy and the staff is really nice. Nice drink selection for a diner I will say.

• Visited January 2013
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Great Value Diner”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This review, which was long overdue, was written after my visit on May 29th but I’m confident it will hold true for all of my future visits. Diner 248 is one of my favorite local establishments and I’ve been dining here for the past 3 years. Whenever I go there, which is usually Wednesdays, for their Wing Wednesday specials, (this place uses gigantic wings and a variety of specialty sauces) I am never disappointed and I leave with a full stomach. I prefer to sit at the bar where I am greeted by one of their courteous and outgoing bartenders. Whatever it is that you thirst for, you can be sure that your beverage will be to your liking. The reasonably priced extensive menu, along with the daily special menu, will accommodate any and everybody’s palate.

Making our way to the bar, our party of 3 were acknowledged by bartenders Courtnie and Kara. Our beverages, Long Island Ice Tea and Strawberry Lemonade, were very refreshing. The appetizer of onion soup was hot and had plenty of cheese and onions and the Alyce Fries were hot and loaded with cheese. My order of the Hot and Honey wings was excellent as was my wife’s and son’s orders of hamburgers, one well done and the other medium rare. Everything was cooked to order. We topped off the meals with a slice of chocolate cake and pecan pie. All of our orders were served in a prompt fashion.

To conclude, Diner 248 is one of those places that can grow on you. It has an atmosphere that is friendly and food that is good. Whether you live in the area or are just passing through, if you’re looking for a good meal at a reasonable price and served by a friendly and efficient staff, then make your way to Diner 248. You’ll be glad you did.

• Visited May 2013