“TERRIBLE”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2014

This restaurant recently moved down the street. We thought that this would improve the atmosphere since it was very noisy at their last location. We decided to order a take out appetizer to try the new place. We ordered sausage and broccoli rabe. It was the worst appetizer that we ever had. We have never thrown out any food from a restaurant, but we could not eat this. It tasted old and it was terrible. Our garbage can was even sick, it was so bad. We will never go back. The new restaurant in their previous location (Ravello) is great. Fresh, excellent choices with brick oven.

4  Thank smile1948

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Seven friends gathered to go to a restaurant that we have been happy with in the past. It is the NEW location. The first thing we noticed was NO tablecloths (strike one); and a new menu. Some of our favs were taken off the menu so that was strike two. One of the orders ( a pasta dish) came out cold... And my wife's pasta dish was over cooked.( so I guess that's strike three). There was no one in our group that was impressed by this meal or the service... We can only hope that they solve these glitches soon.

2  Thank Deeandalexorf
Reviewed May 31, 2014

It's hard to get past the bad customer service. The hubs and I actually enjoyed the food, but it's not enough of a draw to come back and deal with the people, and the extremely loud atmosphere. It was our first time there, and we were really looking forward to it. We encountered slow service (the hubs was just about to get up and leave when the waitress came over!), extremely loud, and when we finally got our drinks, my husband asked - very innocently- if we could get some bread, we were met with attitude by the waitress.
I don't care how the food is, it's not worth it for me to come back. I won't pay for that attitude. I agree with Blunt T's review.

5  Thank Starwoodinpa
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is by far one of the best Italian restaurants I have been to. The owners and staff are very pleasant and very accommodating. My husband myself and another couple were there recently on a Friday night. There was a party of 14 dinning that night. There were giving the waiter and the owner an extremely hard time due to the fact they wanted 14 separate checks. We all felt they were extremely disrespectful to the owner and staff and it was very unsettling. On the menu it states they do not give separate checks. They even offered to breakout the amounts. My husband and myself have been in the restaurant/food business for over 40 years. We would have not done it either. de Lorenzo's has excellent food, service and atmosphere and we look forward to going to their new place when it opens. That group belongs at a pizza parlor.

2  Thank steve l
Reviewed May 24, 2014

If you want good Italian food served with poor customer service, this is the place! Been there on a few occasions and gave them another chance because I didn't want to judge it based off of one experience, but when I heard the owner giving people attitude I have decided never to return again. There are many excellent Italian restaurants in the area where they are happy to have you there as a customer.

4  Thank Blunt T