“Good hotel”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Good hotel”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and two year old, when passing through on our way further north. The hotel is in a good location and easy to get to.
We had a one bedroom suite and it was pretty standard. We put our two year old in the bedroom so we could close the door and still access the rest of the suite. This left us to sleep on the pull out couch. Not the most comfortable sleeper sofa, but I guess that's to be expected (they usually aren't). The room was clean and the kitchen was great (large fridge to store our travel cooler overnight).
Check-in/out was a breeze and the staff was very friendly.
My two year old and I used the pool and the hot tub. The pool was great, although the area gets really loud (it's indoor) when more than a few people are in there. The hot tub was pretty dirty. We turned the bubbles on and after a few minutes, there was dirt on top of the bubbles...so we got out.
The breakfast left something to be desired. They have cereal and a toaster for bagels/toast/etc.
Overall, the hotel was very good. I would probably stay here again...only get a larger room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brittany S, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear JWilliams_426:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the one-bedroom suite you had reserved and that our customer service had met, if not exceeded, your needs. I'm sorry to hear that the whirlpool was not up to your standards. We have upgraded to a different cleaning system for both the pool and the whirlpool and it has been working wonders, and I hope that you will see that on your next return trip to the Lehigh Valley. If you enjoyed our one-bedroom suite but would prefer a little more space, try our two-bedroom suite on your next trip. I believe you'll enjoy that even more.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here this weekend to visit Bushkill Falls and the Lehigh Valley. The check in process was superb! The agent was very welcoming! The studio was your standard TownPlace Suites studio. I did notice that the housekeeper probably didn't do a good job at cleaning up the studio after the last guest checked out. The was a bottle cap under the air conditioner and a candy wrapper on the floor next to the bed. Like others have mentioned, the bed isn't the most comfortable. The mattress feels very soft with no support. When the air conditioner turns on in the middle of the night, be prepared to be woken up. Breakfast is your standard continental breakfast...nothing to write home about. Housekeeping seems to do the bar minimum to get by. I'm a very big believer of leaving the housekeeper a tip since I do feel that they work hard, or at least do the things that I don't want to do. Anyway, we came back at night and my girlfriend noticed that the housekeeper didn't resupply the shampoo and conditioner. She has long hair and between the two of us, we used up the bottle that was already there and naturally expected that when housekeeping came the next morning, it would be automatically replenished...but it wasn't. Also, the floor in the kitchen area seemed a little sticky, maybe someone previous had spilled something, and we asked that the area be mopped, but it wasn't.

All in all, a decent place to rest your head at night. If the Residence Inn offered king size beds, I would make that my first choice when returning to the area in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anson_Tang
Dear Anson_Tang:

Thank you so much for choosing the TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton. I'm happy to hear that our front desk associates made your check-in process enjoyable. I do apologize, however, that our housekeeping department did not replenish your amenities as you had hoped, and that there were a few issues with the room cleanliness in general. Our housekeeping staff strive very hard to keep our rooms fresh and clean, and it seems they may have slipped on this one. We have staff available 24/7 to deliver anything you may need to your room, so please rely on them next time you are in town.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Lehigh Valley.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed here recently for a family vacation. The hotel itself was clean and well kept and the staff was very nice whenever I had dealings with them. The only problem I had with the property was the thin walls and the not so comfortable bed. I stayed two nights and did not sleep well either night. The pillows were TOO soft. I know, that's crazy talk, right? The pillows felt as if they had no filling in them so my head immediately felt like I was sleeping directly onto the mattress. The mattress wasn't horrible, but I've slept on better. Aside from the shabby sleep spot I had to deal with children running up and down the halls my first night and the constant slamming of doors the next night into the morning. So, I most definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed two days in a row. Would I stay here again, maybe? The hotel was convenient to numerous restaurants, department stores, and grocers. Given the fact that the rooms come equipped with kitchenettes it was nice to have the option to dine out or cook in thanks to the variety of options available in the neighborhood. The hotel provides continental breakfast in the mornings, but my family prefers a full breakfast. So, we weren't really too overjoyed about the limited breakfast options the hotel provided. If you want a clean hotel near shopping centers, like to cook (if or when you feel like it) and don't mind possibly losing some sleep then you should think about staying here.

2 Thank acutelilmama
Jaimee U, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello Acutelilmama,

I’m sorry to hear about the sleeping difficulties. Sleep is one of the most important parts of the day and I know I can’t function without it so I do truly apologize for any issues that came up during your stay. I can tell you TownePlace Suites across the board, including our own, are in the process of upgrading all of our bed pillows to fuller more fluffy Marriott Queen size. Our hotel is now nearly complete in the change over so you should see a difference in the bedding when you return to the Lehigh Valley. We have staff on hand 24 hours a day to help our guests. Sometimes other guests hold odd hours and need to be reminded that others are sleeping. Please feel free to call our front desk if someone is keeping you from the rest you deserve. They are there to handle it for you. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and I do hope to see you again.

Kindest regards,
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We've stayed at this location a number of times. The check in process has been smooth & pleasant, and the rooms have always been extremely clean. The staff have all been very friendly and easy to communicate with. The beds are very comfortable with ample pillows. They serve a full continental breakfast every morning with hard-boiled eggs (real eggs, not that powdered stuff they make into scrambled eggs at many hotels), fresh fruit, 6 assorted cereals (& oatmeal), yogurt, bagels, a nice wheat bread, & my favorite- make your own Belgian waffles. They even keep soy milk in the fridge for those who don't use regular milk! They have a kitchenette in each room with a full refrigerator. Wegmans is just around the corner, so you can easily stock up if you're staying a few days. There several good restaurants and a movie theater also right around the corner.
Clean & comfortable, friendly & accommodating staff, good inclusive breakfast, onsite laundry (if needed), & great location....what more can you ask for!?

2 Thank Lynkleaf
Dear Lynkleaf,

There are few things as gratifying as hearing a guest has become a fan. It makes the whole staff happy to hear their hard work has been appreciated. You ask “What more can you ask for?” Well, we do have a heated indoor pool and hot tub. Both of which are heavenly as Fall unwinds into Winter. It’s almost magical to watch the snowflakes fall outside the fully enclosed pool while relaxing.
Come back soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Garmin GPS insisted that the hotel was on the left (empty field). Turned around and saw it behind the Sonic. Just was happy to have arrived safely. Front desk was very friendly. Had my room keys ready to go. Room was in great shape...had the fresh, modern design. Pull out desk on rollers with the extra outlets for a laptop and cell nearby = fantastic. Nice breakfast included 6am-9am. Oversize shower head, good size bed, and comfortable pillows. Didn't hear a peep from the hallway the entire night. Only, well I can't really say compliant, was the inability to have the heat/ac unit run in fan mode. That's just for the noise, nothing that would keep me from coming back. Wegmans is across the road if you need groceries w/ a nice selection of restaurants as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NYChristopherL
Hello Mr. Lewis,

I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Having a 24 hour Wegman’s just across the way has certainly spoiled us locals. We love it. When you visit us again please ask one of our associates how to set the personal air conditioner in the room to fan mode. There is a setting where it should run non-stop for you. I hope to see you soon!

Best regards,
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed here one night and won't be returning. Loyal Marriott member and they upgraded us to a 2 room suite. Should not have accepted this once we really checked out it's location. It was on the corner of the building on the first floor. It was extremely close to the busy highway. We heard trucks all night long. We could believe how bad it was. The room was also right next to a side door with stairs. What a nightmare! If you are a light sleeper or don't want road noise, find some where else!

Room Tip: Corner suites may be very roomy but noise level is very loud especially if you face the highway or a...
1 Thank LGar7
Hello LGar7,

I’m sorry to hear the upgrade wasn’t a good thing. We try to treat our loyal Rewards Members to extras in the room or complimentary upgrades when our premium suites are available. I have heard similar noise troubles from other light sleepers. Thanks to the input we now offer white noise and sound machines at the front desk that are free to borrow. Our location next to Route 33 is one of our best features with easy access to the hotel and 22 dining options within a half mile. The highway which is so convenient can be a bane and a boon to light sleepers. When you are in the area again please feel free to request a room away from the highway side. Our staff will always try to honor every request.

Yours in hospitality,
Salem, Virginia
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel for a business trip to the area for one reason- they were offering 4000 bonus Marriott points per night. I was not expecting much as when I had stayed at other Towneplace Suites they had been essentially Motel 6 quality. This was every bit as nice as a Springhill Suites property with virtually the same amenities.

• Stayed July 2013
Jaimee U, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thanks for the compliment Hokie26!

We always have new promotions and packages running. I am happy you were able to take advantage of one of the great ones.

Jaimee Umstattd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 7 in Easton

Been to TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton? Share your experiences!