“Served my purpose”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Easton
New York City, New York
“Served my purpose”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here this weekend to visit Bushkill Falls and the Lehigh Valley. The check in process was superb! The agent was very welcoming! The studio was your standard TownPlace Suites studio. I did notice that the housekeeper probably didn't do a good job at cleaning up the studio after the last guest checked out. The was a bottle cap under the air conditioner and a candy wrapper on the floor next to the bed. Like others have mentioned, the bed isn't the most comfortable. The mattress feels very soft with no support. When the air conditioner turns on in the middle of the night, be prepared to be woken up. Breakfast is your standard continental breakfast...nothing to write home about. Housekeeping seems to do the bar minimum to get by. I'm a very big believer of leaving the housekeeper a tip since I do feel that they work hard, or at least do the things that I don't want to do. Anyway, we came back at night and my girlfriend noticed that the housekeeper didn't resupply the shampoo and conditioner. She has long hair and between the two of us, we used up the bottle that was already there and naturally expected that when housekeeping came the next morning, it would be automatically replenished...but it wasn't. Also, the floor in the kitchen area seemed a little sticky, maybe someone previous had spilled something, and we asked that the area be mopped, but it wasn't.

All in all, a decent place to rest your head at night. If the Residence Inn offered king size beds, I would make that my first choice when returning to the area in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anson_Tang
Brittany S, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Anson_Tang:

Thank you so much for choosing the TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton. I'm happy to hear that our front desk associates made your check-in process enjoyable. I do apologize, however, that our housekeeping department did not replenish your amenities as you had hoped, and that there were a few issues with the room cleanliness in general. Our housekeeping staff strive very hard to keep our rooms fresh and clean, and it seems they may have slipped on this one. We have staff available 24/7 to deliver anything you may need to your room, so please rely on them next time you are in town.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Lehigh Valley.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed here recently for a family vacation. The hotel itself was clean and well kept and the staff was very nice whenever I had dealings with them. The only problem I had with the property was the thin walls and the not so comfortable bed. I stayed two nights and did not sleep well either night. The pillows were TOO soft. I know, that's crazy talk, right? The pillows felt as if they had no filling in them so my head immediately felt like I was sleeping directly onto the mattress. The mattress wasn't horrible, but I've slept on better. Aside from the shabby sleep spot I had to deal with children running up and down the halls my first night and the constant slamming of doors the next night into the morning. So, I most definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed two days in a row. Would I stay here again, maybe? The hotel was convenient to numerous restaurants, department stores, and grocers. Given the fact that the rooms come equipped with kitchenettes it was nice to have the option to dine out or cook in thanks to the variety of options available in the neighborhood. The hotel provides continental breakfast in the mornings, but my family prefers a full breakfast. So, we weren't really too overjoyed about the limited breakfast options the hotel provided. If you want a clean hotel near shopping centers, like to cook (if or when you feel like it) and don't mind possibly losing some sleep then you should think about staying here.

2 Thank acutelilmama
Jaimee U, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello Acutelilmama,

I’m sorry to hear about the sleeping difficulties. Sleep is one of the most important parts of the day and I know I can’t function without it so I do truly apologize for any issues that came up during your stay. I can tell you TownePlace Suites across the board, including our own, are in the process of upgrading all of our bed pillows to fuller more fluffy Marriott Queen size. Our hotel is now nearly complete in the change over so you should see a difference in the bedding when you return to the Lehigh Valley. We have staff on hand 24 hours a day to help our guests. Sometimes other guests hold odd hours and need to be reminded that others are sleeping. Please feel free to call our front desk if someone is keeping you from the rest you deserve. They are there to handle it for you. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and I do hope to see you again.

Kindest regards,
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We've stayed at this location a number of times. The check in process has been smooth & pleasant, and the rooms have always been extremely clean. The staff have all been very friendly and easy to communicate with. The beds are very comfortable with ample pillows. They serve a full continental breakfast every morning with hard-boiled eggs (real eggs, not that powdered stuff they make into scrambled eggs at many hotels), fresh fruit, 6 assorted cereals (& oatmeal), yogurt, bagels, a nice wheat bread, & my favorite- make your own Belgian waffles. They even keep soy milk in the fridge for those who don't use regular milk! They have a kitchenette in each room with a full refrigerator. Wegmans is just around the corner, so you can easily stock up if you're staying a few days. There several good restaurants and a movie theater also right around the corner.
Clean & comfortable, friendly & accommodating staff, good inclusive breakfast, onsite laundry (if needed), & great location....what more can you ask for!?

2 Thank Lynkleaf
Dear Lynkleaf,

There are few things as gratifying as hearing a guest has become a fan. It makes the whole staff happy to hear their hard work has been appreciated. You ask “What more can you ask for?” Well, we do have a heated indoor pool and hot tub. Both of which are heavenly as Fall unwinds into Winter. It’s almost magical to watch the snowflakes fall outside the fully enclosed pool while relaxing.
Come back soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Garmin GPS insisted that the hotel was on the left (empty field). Turned around and saw it behind the Sonic. Just was happy to have arrived safely. Front desk was very friendly. Had my room keys ready to go. Room was in great shape...had the fresh, modern design. Pull out desk on rollers with the extra outlets for a laptop and cell nearby = fantastic. Nice breakfast included 6am-9am. Oversize shower head, good size bed, and comfortable pillows. Didn't hear a peep from the hallway the entire night. Only, well I can't really say compliant, was the inability to have the heat/ac unit run in fan mode. That's just for the noise, nothing that would keep me from coming back. Wegmans is across the road if you need groceries w/ a nice selection of restaurants as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NYChristopherL
Hello Mr. Lewis,

I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Having a 24 hour Wegman’s just across the way has certainly spoiled us locals. We love it. When you visit us again please ask one of our associates how to set the personal air conditioner in the room to fan mode. There is a setting where it should run non-stop for you. I hope to see you soon!

Best regards,
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed here one night and won't be returning. Loyal Marriott member and they upgraded us to a 2 room suite. Should not have accepted this once we really checked out it's location. It was on the corner of the building on the first floor. It was extremely close to the busy highway. We heard trucks all night long. We could believe how bad it was. The room was also right next to a side door with stairs. What a nightmare! If you are a light sleeper or don't want road noise, find some where else!

Room Tip: Corner suites may be very roomy but noise level is very loud especially if you face the highway or a...
1 Thank LGar7
Hello LGar7,

I’m sorry to hear the upgrade wasn’t a good thing. We try to treat our loyal Rewards Members to extras in the room or complimentary upgrades when our premium suites are available. I have heard similar noise troubles from other light sleepers. Thanks to the input we now offer white noise and sound machines at the front desk that are free to borrow. Our location next to Route 33 is one of our best features with easy access to the hotel and 22 dining options within a half mile. The highway which is so convenient can be a bane and a boon to light sleepers. When you are in the area again please feel free to request a room away from the highway side. Our staff will always try to honor every request.

Yours in hospitality,
Salem, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel for a business trip to the area for one reason- they were offering 4000 bonus Marriott points per night. I was not expecting much as when I had stayed at other Towneplace Suites they had been essentially Motel 6 quality. This was every bit as nice as a Springhill Suites property with virtually the same amenities.

• Stayed July 2013
Jaimee U, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thanks for the compliment Hokie26!

We always have new promotions and packages running. I am happy you were able to take advantage of one of the great ones.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We chose this hotel as we had a wedding nearby and wanted the extra room offered by the suites as we would be hanging out for five days. We had the two bedroom suite for 4 adults and 1 child. Everything at this hotel was as expected - clean, spacious, plenty of towels and served our purposes; each room had their own air conditioner/temperature control. The pool was not as warm as I would have liked but children did swim every day. Exercise room and laundry were great. The laundry was $2 per machine but they did give you soap! And the easy access from the Highway was incredible. We were on the side away from the Hwy and others in our party did move because of the Hwy sounds. The front desk staff was always friendly and the breakfast staff was also always especially friendly. The only odd thing is that the furniture is worn; the chairs have a vinyl on their arms and it is cracked. Didn't affect our stay at all. A great place to stay. Also, we were on the 2nd floor near the elevator, I felt it quiet enough. However, we did hear the people moving above us often.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cittaehtni
Jaimee U, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hello Cittaehtni,
Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites by Marriott during such a special time. We are quite spoiled since our location has easy access to Route 33 as well as 22 dining options within a ½ mile from the hotel. TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton just turned 4 and we have been trying to keep it fresh and new as the day we opened. Our furniture that should have lasted 12 years hasn’t fared so well and thankfully the company that supplied it has taken responsibility and will be fixing that for us. It will be beautiful once more when you come back for the Anniversary.
Jaimee Umstattd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 7 in Easton

Been to TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton? Share your experiences!