I have stayed four times at this hotel, the last two times were extended stays (47 days and 12 days) so I had the chance to see all the pros and cons of this property. I am also a Marriott Gold customer 4 years running so I see a wide variety of good and not as good Marriott, Residence Inn and Towneplace properties.
- Good sized rooms, kitchens have microwaves, two burner stoves and a full refrigerator with separate freezer
- Large closet! Especially appreciated during long term stays!
- Friendly staff at Front Desk
- Good exercise room
- Good Laundry facilities
- Range of Restaurants and grocery stores within a 1/4 mile. Including Target and Walmart! Very convenient!
The Less Than Positives
- Cleaning Staff is inconsistent. Some staff are very thorough, others are down right lousy. Frustrating after a long work day to come to a room not well kept (for long term stays, be aware the hotel does not have daily housekeeping by the way, only a 'refresh' every other day, and a full clean once a week. Would not be an issue if on the days they refresh or clean the job was done properly
Some of the sofa's or side chairs are really worn. In my last stay the side chair looked as if a dog had scratched the cushion. time to start renovating/rehabbing furniture.
- Do not stay on the east side of the hotel! Windows are sealed real well and this side of the hotel faces highway 33. Lots of truck traffic especially in the morning.
- However on the west side, south end, the trash dumpsters are right outside your window. And they have trash pick up at least 5 days a week AT 5;00/5:30 AM!!! Really Towneplace Suites? Come on, the rubbish company can't come after 8am? Major irritation!
- Hotel General Manager was not always responsive. Once sent her an email AND left a message for her at the front desk. Never heard from her, until I sent a second and then a third email. And no apology for not being responsive.
- The breakfast is ok, but few healthy options, and there are only so many days you can eat yogurt.
- The hotel does not have a liquor license therefore there is no beer or wine in the on site market. Not a major flaw, but since Most grocery stores and convenience stores can't sell beer due to PA law, just be aware.
Bottom line....if you have a business relocation this is a good option, the best in Easton and second best I have found in the Lehigh Valley. Front desk staff is very friendly, and most importantly, good value for the price charged!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our All- Suite Marriott is committed to delivering an experience and providing thoughtful spaces for both working and living.. Conveniently located between the Historic Towns of Bethlehem, Easton and Nazareth, Pa, it is great place to stay while getting to know the area. We are located within minutes of local attractions such as Blue Mountain Ski Area, The Crayola Experience and Lafayette College. Close to local businesses such as Essroc, BMW, Sanofi Pasteur and Porsche and a great option for Corporate Housing or Relocation needs. We have Lafayette College within minutes of our Marriott as well as shopping destinations like The Crossings Premium Outlets and the Lehigh Valley Mall. Also, just miles from The Pocono Dome Sports Facility in Sciota, PA. The TownePlace Suites by Marriott is the perfect choice for you whether you're here for a quick trip or a long stay. Welcome to the Neighborhood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Bethlehem Easton Hotel Easton