“Solid area alternative”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Easton
CT
“Solid area alternative”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Located close to the highway, near a couple of new strip malls (Target, Walmart, movie theaters) and a 10 minute drive from Lafayette College if you are visiting there. Nicely equipped suite, comfortable bed, good size room, continental breakfast was standard fare but fresh. Excellent service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Location is wonderful, right off the highway and close to many restaurants.
Upgraded at check-in to a 2BR suite as there were no studio suites available. The young lady who checked us in was absolutey wonderful and very sweet!
The beds were comfortable and the bedrooms and bathroom were very clean. I did need to wash any of the dishes I planned to use.
We only stayed one night for a college visit, so did not make full use of the hotel or the surrounding area.
My issue revolves around the letter I received 9 or 10 days after we left. I was advised that my credit card was charged $250.00 because they found evidence that we had violated their non smoking policy. My daughter and I are not smokers, so this letter was a bit of a shock. I called the hotel immediately and was put into the v/m of the GM. After 3 days, I still had not heard back from her, so I left another message. She did call me back. I was very curious as to what "evidence" of smoking she had found in our room after we had checked out. She emailed me several pictures of items found in the garbage can of one of the bedrooms. I assured her that none of the items (some food wrappers, various smoking materials, a Tylenol wrapper...) were left by us. After some discussion and a review of the dates, she did credit my card back and gave me a reward point bonus. Evidently, the items were left the day after we had checked out. While I was astonished and a bit resentful of the accusation that I had allowed smoking in my room, I am pleased that the situation is resolved.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

With my husband running 54 km from Mount Pocono to Nazareth we ended up at the Towne Place Suites. I knew as soon I stepped in the door, that this was going to be a fabulous place to stay. Afisa, greeted me warmly & was absolutely delightful! I’d like to publicly acknowledge what a wonderful job she is doing in her role at the Towne Place Suites. Afisa was so lovely to all the customers, even remembering their names as they came to the front desk with an inquiry.

This whole place is brand new and is amazing. It is very contemporary in design and so tastefully decorated from floor to ceiling! Our room for the night was 223! It had a very nice ambience; what a pleasant change from out previous night’s accommodation. It was so beautiful; immaculately clean, bright stylish fittings, comfortable bed, funky sofa lounge and chair, fully equipped modern kitchen with all the bells & whistles. This room was a breath of fresh air! I took loads of photos so will attach them so you can see for yourself.

There are lots of restaurants nearby to choose from; we phoned for delivery & were not disappointed. Afisa, had suggested a couple of restaurants & we chose Pacific Fusion (Asian cuisine and sushi bar). The food was so delicious! Would highly recommend.

My husband & I have been on the road since the 1st January 2012, staying in a different hotel every night. This has been the best hotel we have stayed on our journey to date. We would have loved to stay longer, but we have to keep moving. Thanks Towne Place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Wonderful staff, friendly guests, food is always fresh and plentiful. Really a step up from a budget hotel and the location can't be beat. Walking distance to many restaurants, malls, Walmart, Target, etc. The room is huge and well equiped, with a really nice and stocked kitchenette. Housekeeping for the week we were there was friendly and welcoming, and the pool is fantastic. Absolutely top notch quality and service. THe only drawback for the entire stay was their pet policy; they permit dogs in the rooms for their long term residents, which is fine, but there was an aggressive pit bull on the second floor, which I asked about at the front desk, who really was intimidating and loud. The staff shrugged this off and it made me change my rooms (we had two) to keep my kids from that end of the building. Anyway, just check into that issue, and you have a fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are more quiet, and back of the hotel faces the highway; not a big deal but front of t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MarriottTownePlace, Manager at TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Hello DavidPlate,

We are very proud of our Guest Service and we thank you for sharing it with the world! I do apologize that your children felt intimidated by our four-legged Guests. It is our policy that if a Guest brings a Pet, they are always kept on a leash.

We hope to see you back soon!
Bedford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

This newer brand of Marriott is great and this location did not let me down. Rooms have full kitchens, superior beds, and very clean. The free breakfast was well done and this place also has an indoor pool and hot tub that my kids used for hours. I thought it was a new hotel and when I asked I was told it was four years old – well done.

Bonus – there is a Sonic Drive In connected to the parking lot!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Overall the TownePlace earns a "four" rating as a solid family alternative in a Lehigh Valley area which doesn't have a lot of choices. It's a standard issue TownePlace hotel in the Marriott family, although -- unlike suggestions on TripAdvisor by the hotel manager -- this is NOT a "Marriott Suites" and no one should expect the level of service found at a standard Marriott property. Check-in was a mess with room not ready at the promised time despite a confirmation call and Marriott elite status, and a haughty attitude by the desk staff. But the facilities were good, including the pricey guest laundry, and lots of restaurant and grocery alternatives in the immediate area. We'd return in the future, with our expectations in check.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MarriottTownePlace, Manager at TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Hello South_Pasadena_1 ,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor; we at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott are constantly looking for ways to improve our services. Our standard check-in time is at 4pm, but we always try to accommodate our Guest Requests for early check in and I do apologize that it was later than you had expected. We hope to see your return to our All-Suites Marriott in the future and that you will give us another opportunity to show you the level of Service we have been internationally recognized for and that we pride ourselves in.

Kindest Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Very clean, in a super condition and a small kitchenette in the room with disches. I would say that the only con is the external AC in the room. I prefer an internal AC ( less noisy) but that was not a big issue.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MarriottTownePlace, Manager at TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Hello Guy L,

Thank you for writing us a review and for recognizing our hard work in keeping our All Suite Marriott in top notch condition. Please keep us in mind as your preferred hotel in the Lehigh Valley and we hope to see you soon!

Kindest Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 7 in Easton

Been to TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton? Share your experiences!