We stayed at the Grand Eastonian for NYE. Here's the good news: clean, nice list of amenities, obviously well maintained, and was actually the same price as everything else we looked at and had parking. However, there were some VERY basic things wrong with our stay that made me wonder who on earth manages this place. 1. No tissues, no water glasses. I have a cold and had to blow my nose on toilet paper. And there was only one plastic cup. Not a huge deal but really annoying especially at a "high end" hotel. Even motel 6 gives you cups for two people and a box of tissues. 2. No temperature control, we both woke up sweltering.
3. Lovely whirlpool tub - not enough hot water to run a bath. I had to tell my bf he couldn't have a hot shower before we left because I had tried to take a bath - which was cold bc the hold water ran out about halfway up the tub. 4. Squeaky bed. Really? 5. Ancient tube tv - not that we were trying to watch anything, but if your image is "high end" you can trade that relic in for something a little less 90s for less than $300 at best buy. It was the first thing we noticed when we opened the door, simply for being so out of place. 5. I did not see one single staff member other than the one clerk who checked us in and out. Overall, I would stay here again only if we got another good rate like this one solely for proximity to where we go visit when we are here but they need to address these very basic guest comfort issues. It makes the ownership look like they got handed the keys to the business yesterday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your visit to Easton, Bethlehem or Allentown is for business or leisure, you will love staying at The Grand Eastonian Hotel & Suites. Our historic hotel blends today's modern comforts with historic charm and architecture! Spend the night in one of our newly designed guest rooms, a spacious suite or in one of our extended stay suites. Our suites are beautiful and offer chestnut wood floors, fireplace, flat screen TV and marble baths. Add our Free WIFI, free fitness center, indoor heated pool and free continental breakfast, for the perfect stay! Plus, with 5,000 square feet of event space, we are the ideal venue for weddings, meetings and first class social gatherings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Grand Eastonian Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Eastonian Hotel Easton