“There are still people who care!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Grand Eastonian Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Easton
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“There are still people who care!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I went to the region on business and had a car ordered for the morning, which unfortunately never showed up. Without being prompted the GM offered to give me a ride and made sure that I got to where I wanted to get to. This took probably an hour out of his day, but he never minded and was adament to help.
The lady at reception in the morning was very helpful and also quite welcoming. You can tell this is a small place where people care about their customers and the people they meet. The room was adequate and great value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Grand E, General Manager at Grand Eastonian Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel and staff. We look forward to welcoming you on a return trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Somers, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed in the two bedroom suite with my sister in January. The suite worked out very well for our purposes at the time. The kitchen was great and there was a large dining table in addition to an island. We picked up food and brought it back which was a great opportunity to just hang out over a busy weekend. The suite was two floors which was pretty cool, however, the blower in one bedroom was really loud. We loved having our own bathrooms. The living room furniture needed to be updated - the couch was stained and uncomfortable. The young woman at the front dest was less than welcoming. I thought it was a good alternative to the typical side of the highway motel.

Room Tip: If you are looking for two bedrooms, ask for the suite that has two floors - lots of room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose to stay with us during your recent visit to the area. We are addressing your concerns. Thanks for helping us improve our service and standards.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is the most expensive hotel in the Easton area, I recommend you save your money and go to the Holiday Inn Express down the street. It looks nice, but the the staff is inhospitable. The mattress was uncomfortable, the room was cold and the blanket was slightly thicker than a Bounty paper towel. The elevator is very slow, and you need a complicated code to enter the building after 7pm, and if you have trouble with that, good luck getting into the building. The bathroom is so far from the bedroom that you are wide awake by time you find it, if you should have to use it during the night. We had a rough night and overslept. Check-out was at noon. I called at noon to ask for more time I was told to get out of the room by 12:30: the hotel was so empty at the time, I didn't even see a mouse, much less a housekeeper. When I checked out the man behind the desk asked me about my stay, I told him it was awful, and he told me to have a nice trip home. There is no AAA discount for this place, and though the room is a suite, there is not any place else to sleep but the bed in the bedroom so it would not work for a family, and the only big thing to see in Easton is the Crayola factory. I paid $159.00 for the night. The other hotels in the area are half as much money. It was a horrible experience and it ruined my trip.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn down the street
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lady_Verdana
Thank you for taking the time to discuss your recent experience with us. We are always working on improving our product and services. I regret that our hotel did not meet your expectations.
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Very interesting renovation with a grand lobby and new updates to old architecture. I loved the indoor heated pool and workout room. Wood floors, marble bathroom with whirlpool tub and large walk in shower.

Two things spoiled the experience a bit for me. Very spotty wireless Internet and no access in the pool area. The other was the heating in the room. No controls and a noisy vent stuck to the ceiling that ran all the time. A bit too warm for sleeping.

If they could improve on these two and the breakfast I'd give it five stars.

• Stayed January 2013
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We visited family in Easton during the holidays and booked a suite at the Grand Eastonian.
We were kings for the day in this massive 2BR unit (202). The dog was even welcome. Bedrooms were great. They have a well heated pool, with a lift for elderly or handicapped.
This suite was part of the old ballroom and a friend told me I was standing right where JFK stood at a reception in 1958. The staff is outstanding, and the Green Harvest Cafe should not be missed. My bill was under $200! We will be back.

Room Tip: 202 was a 2BR duplex. We had 16 people join us for breakfast and could have accomodated another doze...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wilton, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I'm in the travel business and I love this place. Our son is a freshman at nearby Lafayette College so we've stayed here four times in the past four months. I'm not a fancy guy so I prefer space and comfort to fancy digs that are crowded. The queen suites are huge, you could literally live in them (a few folks do). One suite we stayed in had a wrap-around balcony that had to be 400 sq. ft. Full kitchen and a living / dining area. All for a price just about $30 p/nt. more than the nearby Holiday Inn or Hamptons. One complaint I have is the air / heating system. My wife and I come from the northeast and like our sleeping room to be very cold at night, around 58 degrees. Can't be done here. Has a nice pool and gym.

Room Tip: For the small bump go with a queen suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dorset, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is very conveniently located within the compact downtown area and provides free parking. Most food and services are within easy walking distance. There is a swimming pool, exercise center and (commercial) hair salon on the level below the lobby.

The hotel is a little quirky as it appears to be a condo created from an older building which then rents rooms on a daily basis. Our room was a King with a marble bathroom, almost as large as the bedroom, which contained a whirlpool bath and separate walk-in shower and twin wash basins. Everything was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The room decor is white painted concrete with real wood floors.

We found that most rooms appear to be similar as we were quickly moved when we discovered that the television in our initial room did not operate satisfactorily.

The front desk is staffed from early until around 11pm and all staff are friendly and very helpful. The wifi coverage is a little patchy in some areas of the building but works very well from the lobby. Breakfast is basic but sufficient, two of types of cereal, bagels, muffins, cartons of juice, and coffee. It was served in the lobby during our stay. There is a pleasant cafe in the same building but under independent management if you should want a more complete breakfast or other meals.

We would be happy to stay here on a future visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
Days Inn Easton
#7 of 7 in Easton
Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem
TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton

Been to Grand Eastonian Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!