“Very slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Valenca - CLOSED

Valenca
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northampton
Bethlehem
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2009

I don't know what the problem is but they really need to do something about service or lack thereof. My husband and I went on a friday night and although we had a great waitress, we waited at least 20 minutes between the time we finished our appetizer and the time we were served our entree. I wasn't thrilled that when we made our reservation we were never told that because it was Valentine's Day weekend, there would be offering only a 65dollar per person 5 course meal with no option to order from the regular menu. I normally don't eat that much and had I known ahead of time, would have gone some other time. My daughter and son in law went on Valentine's day and one hour after being seated still had not even been served their appetizers. They waited and waited between each course, never able to find their waitress,who offered no excuse for the 2 hour wait on an entree. Some customers actually walked out. This is a nice restaurant with great potential but it needs a real shakeup or I don't see it surviving. I would try it again but only if I read of some changes made.

1 Thank cbrn

Bangor, PA
“Wish someday soon it will improve”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2009

This is a beautiful looking setting, and we hope one day the food and service equals or surpasses the decor. We went on New Year's Eve for an early dinner, and only one of our party had an ok meal-- very giant, beautifully cooked prawns that were so big, they looked like small lobsters. Also, her salad was done well. The rest of us had underwhelming meals-- salads, appetizers, soups, main courses-- each of which had many artificial short cuts you could taste and see in the preparation. Cocktails were underwhelming. Desserts were not made on the premises and tasted like something you could buy in the frozen food section at your local supermarket. So, our impression was the food was nothing special and featured too many little, sub-standard, glaring details to ennumerate. And we really are not all that picky! The waiter and hostess were not very knowledgeable, slow with service, and came to the table while still chewing on their dinners. Even the "band" that was going to play later on New Year's eve was awful during their tune up-- think of the worst wedding band you have ever heard. There are many, much better local musicians in the area. IMO the restaurant should not have bothered to have any band at all. Fortunately, there are a lot of other fun places in Easton to eat. However, it is going to take some time for us to re-gain our nerve to try Valenca again.

Easton PA and NYC
“Warning: they overbook at busy times”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2008

We were glad this place opened to continue the revitalization of Easton, and a couple months after it opened we went on a beautiful evening. We actually arrived without reservation, and they told us they'd seat us in 20 minutes. Big mistake. They should have simply told us they were overbooked and their kitchen was overwhelmed, because the evening turned out to be a miserable experience of waiting.

We were seated on schedule, then nothing after that happened as it should have. To make a long story short, we left after an hour and a half without having received our main course (appetizers arrived after about an hour, but we had a toddler who by then was on the verge of a meltdown). We weren't the only people left stranded, or the only people who left before getting their meals that night.

I'm sure the food is fine, and I hope they are learning to manage their tables better. We don't plan to return anytime soon to find out.

1 Thank jdhalv
PA
“Helping to revitalize a fantastic city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2008

It was such a fantastic experience eating at this restaurant. Mussels with chorizo blew me away! I grew up in Easton, but this restaurant both transported me to a fine dining experience I might have in NYC it also helped me to connect with the wonderfully historic Easton of my childhood as I sat and ate a wonderful meal and looked out at the fountain. Easton is truly being revitalized. This restaurant is certainly a part of it. Formerly this corner space was a classic diner, I couldn't believe the transformation. Sit outside on a nice night for a beautiful view of the fountain in the circle, have a glass of wine, try the mussels.

Don't forget to make a stop at Caramel Corn next door!

Viva Easton!
Thanks for being a part of it Valenca...

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love the outdoor seating at this spot- you do feel like you are in a european cafe. The service is a bit on the shaky...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2008

I love the outdoor seating at this spot- you do feel like you are in a european cafe. The service is a bit on the shaky side but I will give it the benefit of the doubt since it is new and was really crowded the one night. The food is excellent- some a bit pricey but worth it.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook