“Really interesting and a lot more than just the canal”

National Canal Museum
Ranked #6 of 23 things to do in Easton
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the only museum that tells the story of America's coal-carrying canals and how they ignited America's Industrial Revolution. Experience hands-on educational exhibitions, extensive historical archives & collections, and the historic locktender's house and garden. You can also take a ride on Pennsylvania's only mule-drawn canal boat ride.
Bucks County, PA
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Really interesting and a lot more than just the canal”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I really enjoyed this attraction as part of a joint visit to it and the Crayola Factory. We had three little kids with us who enjoyed most of it but wanted to get to the crayon part, so I couldn't stay as long as I wanted. The miniature scale dioramas were awesome and the history is very well interpreted. I'll go back when I can take my time, but it's a great double feature if you have the time.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank PAWildheart

Easton, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Canal Boat Ride”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A relaxing sail through the park. Guide explains about life on the canal boats with facts and little stories to bring the experience to life. Would follow boat ride with visit to the Canal Museum to round out the trip. Volunteer very friendly and knowledgeable. Been there twice and plan to go again!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Karen H
Easton, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good for kids”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This museum has a lot of hands-on activities that children and adults will find interesting. Admission also includes a ride on a canal boat that is a replica of an actual canal boat used in the 19th century. There are picnic facilities and a playground on the site.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank GrandmaplusGrandpa
Endicott, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Not much Of A Attraction The Poor Mules Don't Waste Your Time”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went to the National Canal Museum and boat ride after we visited the Crayola Experience. I thought the kids would enjoy it. The museum was small and they had a few hands on exhibits for the kids. I didn't see anyone else but us in the museum. One gentleman was very nice and spoke a little about the history of the museum. The boat ride was slow and boring, My son fell asleep. Two mules pulled the boat which I didn't like at all. I saw one woman yell at one of the mules which ticked me off. Don't waste your time It wasn't worth the money.

Visited June 2013
Coplay, Pennsylvania, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lots of info”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I'll be honest and say I only went here because it was included in our Crayola experience years ago, but there are a lot of interactive exhibits and if you're into this type of thing, a LOT of information. Pretty neat.

1 Thank SheriCJ