“waste of time and money”
Review of Crayola Experience

Crayola Experience
Ranked #1 of 2 Fun & Games in Easton
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Crayola Experience is bursting with 26 exciting hands-on activities where you can name and wrap your own Crayola crayon, star in your own coloring page and so much more!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Maya_veroni
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“waste of time and money”
Reviewed August 25, 2007

We were there today , 08/26/07 with our 3.5 year old daughter. After almost 2 hour drive from Brooklyn , we did not expect this small building in the middle of a small town . But that was only first impression.
Inside there are all kinds of arts and crafts which could easily be done at home. My child was bored , she needed us , the adults , to show and do for her and motivate her. Besides coloring with her favorite color all over , she almost did nothing. Maybe we should have brought other friends with her but as it was , after one hour of walking around the place and doing nothing , we decided to leave, The girl did not even complain.
I don;t think we will ever go back there .

1 Thank Maya_veroni

NJ
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Too Much Money to watch my kid color.”
Reviewed August 19, 2007

Stopped in on the Crayola factory on the way home from Scranton, PA. I knew going in that we weren't going to a "real" factory, but had high hopes nonetheless. I was very disappointed!

First, they charge adults & children $10 a piece to get in. Granted, this admission includes the Canal Museum. We decided to start at the Canal Museum (top floor) and save the Crayola for last.

The Canal Museum was OK. Not very crowded, lots of hands on exhibits, very kid friendly. My 5yr old had alot of fun taking his boat down a canal and through locks.

We went to the Crayola "factory" and found it was maily different stations for art projects. They did have about a 10 minute presentation on how crayons were made, which was cute. There was one display about the chronology of Crayola and the history of the crayon. Otherwise, you're paying 10 bucks to watch your kid color. I can do that at home for free. I just didn't get it.

If your child is REALLY into arts and crafts, this MIGHT be worth it, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

3 Thank keltik01
Sicklerville, New Jersey
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 176 helpful votes
“Fun for Little Kids - NOT A REAL FACTORY”
Reviewed July 8, 2007

I went to the Crayola Factory with my Wife and almost 3 year old son. We went on Sunday July 8, 2007 at 11 am. My wife had prepurchased tickets online because we heard it gets really crowded at times. The place was not very crowded during our visit. I do think the ticket prices should be less expensive for adults since it is the kids who do all the activities. But most places for kids have this same issue.
The factory is really a place with different craft/activity stations. It is not the actual factory. All the supplies needed are provided. The various activities included, but was not limited to : Coloring stations, puppet making (brown paper bag), clay modeling, drawing with chalk, etc. There we a couple of activities that were more suited for kids that were older than my son. I agree with other reviewers that you could do all this stuff at home, but my son REALLY enjoyed this place. He also liked looking round the Crayola Store. Since it wasn't crowded, we didn't experience any problems with manners, shoving etc. But, I could see how it could get that way if it were really crowded. We spent about 2 hours there. I was disappointed with the Canal Museum, not much to do there for my son's age. Also, the woman at the entrance to the "canal model" had kind of an attitude about needing to make sure we washed all the Crayola stuff off our hands before we touched the water in the Canal model.

1 Thank fligster
Upstate NY
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Not a "factory" - a place to do art projects”
Reviewed April 25, 2007

I guess I should have read reviews here before going to Crayola - I see others have shared the same disappointment. I knew I wasn't going to be at the "factory", but had expected more about how they make their crayons and other products. The entire "show" lasted about 20 minutes, and didn't answer some of my 5 year olds questions, such as how the color gets into the wax. I'm also sure the equipment is NOT what they are currently using at the factory - it looks like maybe 1960s vintage. This part of the factory was also not clearly explained - I wanted to see what was in the "theater" and discovered that was where the "factory" was.

The rest of the museum was basically a place to do art projects. I can watch my kids color at home - the fact that the crayons go around on a big turntable didn't impress me - especially given the cost.

The canal museum was actually pretty cool, and had some great science activities. My sons love the water table (use plastic rectangles to block off/guide the flow of water, then send your plastic boat down the table).

However, by the time we got up there we were absolutely wiped out due to the chaos below. It was just so incredibly crowded!We did attend on a holiday (Good Friday), but I was amazed how many people were there so early.

I also hadn't expected the charge for parking - it is not like we were in a big city. I think we spent about $10 more for the parking garage. The nearby restaurants were also all packed when we got out around 1PM, so plan to have some snacks in your car. We did, and they helped to tide us over until we could get someplace with less chaos....

4 Thank Misvr
Beaverton, Oregon
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Not great for someone without kids (and with manners)”
Reviewed March 11, 2007

My girlfriend and I were driving through Easton and I begged her to stop at the Crayola factory. I have a lot of fond memories of crayola from my childood (I remember when Mr. Rogers featured the factory) and I really enjoy taking roadtrips to see new things.

There's a large parking garage near the factory where you can park. We went into the building under the giant box of crayons and then waited in line for admission. It was $9.50, which I thought was a little steep.

Basically, the entire place is meant to have activities to keep kids busy. There was a place where you could drip melted crayons onto paper, draw on a slide to be projected, write on the walls, etc. We tried to do these, but were often shoved aside by children and/or their parents. We got three tokens, which were traded in for a small pouch of model magic, a small box of crayons, and one washable marker. These were very small, as you would get trick or treating.

Basically, we paid $19 for these small trinkets and to watch everyone else's kids push us aside. We went in Spring 2006. I can't even fathom how crazy it is during the summer.

The giftshop around the corner is nice. Along with everything under the sun you can think of crayola, they also have the world's largest crayon on display.

Go if you have kids, but prepare for the rudeness of strangers. Stay home if you don't have kids. Or if you like roadtrip oddities like me, just see the world's largest crayon in the giftshop and the nearby museum of pez dispensers.

4 Thank mafisc