“Great for children”

Ranked #1 of 2 Fun & Games in Easton
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Crayola Experience is bursting with 26 exciting hands-on activities where you can name and wrap your own Crayola crayon, star in your own coloring page and so much more!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Glassboro, New Jersey
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great for children”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2008

My daughter-now 2.5- has been to the crayola factory 2 times already. She had a lot of fun exploring the building. While it does have an admission price, it is not more than other museums/zoos in the area and it kept her entertained for a lot longer! Admission also includes the canal museum upstairs which despite it's bring sounding name is actually very interactive for kids. There are many places to eat in the area and a great little ice cream shop around the corner!

1 Thank Lahood256

Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time or money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2008

Just got back from a family vacation to P.A.. While there we visited The Crayola Factory. I have four small children ages 5, 3,2, and 1. My children were indifferent, but I felt that it was a tourist trap. The price to get in was ridiculous. Everything you paid to watch your kid do, you could have done at home for free. It was basically a bunch of arts and crafts with crayola products. There are supposed to be workers helping you, but there clearly wasn't enough workers to help everyone because my husband and I had no help. I would have rather of spent the day else where. Bottom line : DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY....

Haverhill, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great kid friendly day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2008

Travelled from New Jersey to visit the Crayola factory with three year old son and his grandparents. When we saw it was a 'factory' we were concerned our little guy would get bored and so only allowed 4.5 hours to explore but wished we had left longer. He had a fantastic time with so many things to do we were begged to go round and round! Yes, all the crafts could be done at home but for him it was such an adventure to find each new place and he particularly enjoyed the video screen that reacts to movement and being allowed his own 'money' in the form of crayola tokens. Not to mention the fact that being out as a family allowed him to get far more attention than he would get at home with all the daily distractions. The grandparents were also quite involved in model making and colouring! When the adults had had enough colouring for one day my in laws suggested we go up to the canal museum and again I wondered what interest this would hold for our 3 year old; however, this has recently undergone a complete revamp and was fabulous. While there were the more museum type discriptions around, there were so many child friendly attractions and the staff were WONDERFUL. They showed my son around and allowed him to operate the model canal boat all by himself, managed to keep his attention (no mean feat with a 3 year old!) and explain the workings to us. It surprized me that there were so few children enjoying this extra area but I suppose some people are put off as the name suggests it may not be so child friendly. Our little man was so wiped out that he slept all the way home and is still mentioning the 'cralolo' factory more than a month later! All in all a very enjoyable day.

With regards the price we were lucky enough to get some vouchers for entry which greatly reduced the cost

2 Thank paxleh
Brooklyn NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“nice day at the Crayola Factory”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2008

I don’t understand all this bashing, me my wife and my 3 girls age 17 months, 5 and 8 were there yesterday, we traveled one and a half hours and it was well worth it we spent over three hours a the Crayola factory and it was nice quality time. Good place to spend with small kids (just try not to come on busy days its probably not as enjoyable), also $10.00 is not a lot of money these days everything is expensive, that’s life

2 Thank sruly
Ottawa, ON
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A Winner with Little Ones in Tow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2007

If you have children under 10 (especially 7 and under), then I would have to disagree with the other reviews. Yes, this is no "factory" - but my little ones (7, 3 and 1) really did enjoy the variety of art projects offered at the Crayola Museum. Yes, its $10 per person, but they give away about $3-$4 worth of products so the real cost is less. Yes, you can do the arts and crafts projects at home - but there was quite a variety of interesting projects on the day we arrived. There was also marker drawing on a large glass-like wall (my 3 year old loved it) as well as chalk drawing.

The presentation about crayons was also nice (we were the last ones of the day and we received extra attention).

There is a McDonalds in the lobby for a special rare treat.

Worth a special stop? I'd say no.

Worth a stop along the way? Most certainly yes for the little ones.

3 Thank OttawaMan