“Closing on Feb 18th until May 2013”
Review of Crayola Experience

Crayola Experience
Ranked #1 of 3 Fun & Games in Easton
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Crayola Experience is bursting with 26 exciting hands-on activities where you can name and wrap your own Crayola crayon, star in your own coloring page and so much more!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 10, 2013

There was very little to do since they are preparing for a remodel in a week. Most of the building is closed off including the 3rd floor that used to have the canal exhibits. Very disappointing because I already thought it was a bit of a waste when the whole place was open.

Also, they give tokens as part of the admission. Now you only get 2 coins per person. I thought last time we got 3 or 4 per person. If you want to do a project with model magic it costs a token, so my kids had 1 token to get a box of 4 crayons or 1 marker. Very stingy.

I can understand why the employees aren't happy and just stand around staring into space. The one women I talked to said they would have to go on unemployment while the place was closed. They were supposed to find other jobs for them but they are closing next week and hadn't heard anything. Sad...

I hope they think through the renovation and it lives up to it's potential. There's so much you could do with a "Crayola Experience" besides just coloring. Please bring more historical exhibits as well as more about the process of making the products. Maybe you sould do something interactive with the factory like a virtual tour or a live camera showing the factory? Oh, and keep the canal exhibit!

2  Thank Pete7919
Write a ReviewReviews (1,295)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is just a big holding area where kids color. Then they move to another room and color. Finally, the kids move to another room, and, you guessed it, color. No real activities, the people who work there just hand out the supplies. In less than an hour we were done and the kids were just running around the place. We could have done this at a McDonalds play room. I don't know how this place remains open.

3  Thank techlady4160
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been to the Crayola Experience numerous times. We even took art classes there. Years ago I took my kids and now I am taking my granddaughter. This is a really fun and interactive place. The exhibits change periodically so the kids always find something new to do yet the favorites stay the same. There are different floors of exciting and creative stations. Everything is hands on. You will see how crayons and markers are made. You can draw on a car and a clear lucite wall. You can dance in front of a wall that will turn all your movements into a psychedelic panorama. You can make clay figures and drip hot crayon wax to make a one of a kind masterpiece. By the time you leave you will have a bag filled with art work and some free samples. The only negative I found is that there is no place to eat inside the building and the gift shop was under construction. This will not deter me from going agian. I visit there about once a year and my family loves it.

2  Thank Theresa M
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have a 4 year old and a 2 1/2 year old. They loved this trip, there were lots of arts and crafts and taking home their art and markers that the museum gives you. Great trip and I did see some negative reviews mentioning the entrance fee, keep an eye out and you can find coupons for the entrance fee.

4  Thank Elizabeth P
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We brought our children here when they were 2 and 4 and again 10 years later. They had just as much fun as teenagers as they did when they were toddlers (possibly even more fun the 2nd time!!). So many different hands-on activities. Very affordable.

2  Thank AngelaB2010