“Great place for young kids”
Review of Crayola Experience

Crayola Experience
Ranked #1 of 3 Fun & Games in Easton
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Crayola Experience is bursting with 26 exciting hands-on activities where you can name and wrap your own Crayola crayon, star in your own coloring page and so much more!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stroller parking
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We went here last week and our 3 year old really enjoyed it. I don't understand the negative reviews on here from adults. This is a place for children and they love it. My child got to make things and enjoyed every minute of it.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I thought it was a bit expensive for what they gave you. It was just OK. The kids had fun, but it is not what I really expected. I don't think I will go back.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I came here with our six-year-old, our two-year-old, and my parents. There were plenty of other children there, but enough space that no one was tripping over anyone - this was on a sunny Saturday in October 2012. The individual activities, while not much more than you could put together at home, took on a little more interest for several reasons. First, preparation and cleanup was handled by the staff. Second, there were enough individual activities that a short time at one station was made up for by a longer time at another. Third, the Crayola people are careful to see that guests see a pretty wide range of their products. Everyone has crayons, most people have markers, some have Crayola's answer to Play-doh - but I've never thought to melt a bunch of red crayons together and then paint with them (my own favorite part).

Additionaly, there is an exhibit on the third floor on how a typical canal works, including working models, with water, of locks. Kids can use the model locks to see how boats were raised and lowered over terrain changes along a canal (the same process is used for the Panama canal, so it's not just a historical curiosity). It's a fairly quick exhibit, but it goes through an imaginary journey from here to there, not just some random disjoint mechanical examples. It's also a brief break from overt Crayola products.

The biggest downside isn't really Crayola's fault. Parking in downtown Easton is pricey, and Easton has some tough neighborhoods only a few blocks away. I've never had trouble (I'm originally from a western suburb of Easton), but it bears mentioning.

I do advise parents to stay with their kids, not just because it's good parenting and politeness, but because it's fun to play with crayons with your kids. One station had unwrapped crayons and metal texture plates and precut paper to make texture rubbings. At one point all six of us were doing them.

We spent four hours, and left when we did mainly to get an early seating for dinner out. We probably could have spent six hours if we hadn't had dinner plans.

Make sure to see the live demonstration - it's done on older equipment, but it clearly shows how crayons are (were) made, and they do give each child one at the end.

If you're there without kids, do understand that the entire exhibit is intended for little kids; therefore, there will be lots of little kids around.

Is it advertising? Of course it is. But I probably wouldn't go to the National Crayon Museum (is there one?).

Why no fifth star? A touch bigger, with a few more exhibits and stations, with a little more direction from staff, would be great.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My nephews had a blast running from project to project, playing with the craft "dough", and using their coins to "purchase" the crayons and markers. We were literally there all day long and it was so worth the trip. Plus the waterway museum upstairs was a blast for them, too,with plenty for them to play with and learn. Will absolutely be back again and again!

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

While I get my fill of crayons at home. This place is great for seeing how crayons and markers are made..let the kids run loose in the place it's a good way to kill time. It only take about 2 hours to see all. No food to buy on site!