“Much fun for kids”

Ranked #1 of 2 Fun & Games in Easton
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Crayola Experience is bursting with 26 exciting hands-on activities where you can name and wrap your own Crayola crayon, star in your own coloring page and so much more!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking
Long Valley, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Much fun for kids”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My nephews had a blast running from project to project, playing with the craft "dough", and using their coins to "purchase" the crayons and markers. We were literally there all day long and it was so worth the trip. Plus the waterway museum upstairs was a blast for them, too,with plenty for them to play with and learn. Will absolutely be back again and again!

Visited December 2011

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“It's a way to kill time while passing through Easton”
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

While I get my fill of crayons at home. This place is great for seeing how crayons and markers are made..let the kids run loose in the place it's a good way to kill time. It only take about 2 hours to see all. No food to buy on site!

Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Horrible and rage inducing”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Start to finish:
The "show" about how crayons are made: The room was horribly planned. If you were in the back, you could not see the man behind the glass. They attempted to remedy this by having tv screens mounted up high. Of course, any child not lifted up high would have to crane her neck to see the tvs. They should have sloped the room and provided more seating. There was only seating for about 30-40 people at best and the rest were left to stand around. The "demonstration" was lackluster, lacked any energy, any relatability and any interest. It was a guy rambling aimlessly. I came today hoping to get a visual "eureka" moment for my intelligent three year old about how they make crayons. I found myself having to narrate for her what we were watching on tv. We could have stayed home and watched a program on tv and saved the $12 admission.

Next, the painting on a wooden block and transferring it to a paper bag. There was one woman behind a counter who was doing nothing to explain. People kept pressing the bag on the wooden block before they had painted it. She kept literally snatching the bag away from them. At one point, I asked if it was melted wax (I didn't realize it was paint) because they had you putting your painted bag through a drying machine. I guess my brain thought wax because a thin layer of paint would dry on its own. When I asked her that, she gave me a snippy answer. Then, I asked if the paint was washable. Okay, maybe a dumb question but I'm sorry if my three year old has not yet owned stock and we don't know the entire marketing plan of Crayola. She rudely told me everything is washable. Eventually, I said "Well, I'm sorry if I don't know everything since I haven't been here before. Maybe you should not be working here." She actually admitted "Yeah, maybe I shouldn't." But, then as I walked away, she cowardly yelled after me that maybe I should be more patient. Pot calling the kettle black.

The rest of the place was just chaotic with rude parents cutting in front of my little girl and nearly stepping on her many times. Their kids were just as bad.

There was zero "flow" to the place and zero methods of crowd control. Everything was just frenetic and randomly laid out.

We will not be back.

P.S. I would not recommend for anyone under 5 and for any adult who wants to keep their sanity.

Visited October 2012
6 Thank girchbeb
Patchogue, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“"I Love It"”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is what my son who is 4 years old said multiple times during our visit to the Crayola Experience. I also have a 17 month old son who really enjoyed running around the experience, especially the music/dance spot. I could definitely see us returning when they are older and able to sit and create for longer periods of time, but my husband and I enjoyed creating/coloring with them. We made several photo enhanced coloring sheets and a safari pouch for all of us. I feel it is completely worth the trip, not only for all the creative outlets, but Easton is adorable. We bought lunch at the Farmer's Market and listened to live music, then followed up the visit with ice cream at the Purple Cow Creamery on Bank St.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank MRuben
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“total disappointment”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

For a place that could have done so much it does so little. Not worth the trip from across the street

1 Thank Raymond D