“SO much fun.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Fun & Games in Easton
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Crayola Experience is bursting with 26 exciting hands-on activities where you can name and wrap your own Crayola crayon, star in your own coloring page and so much more!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We visited the Crayola Experience yesterday, it was sooooo fun. I was uncertain after reading all the reviews on here if the nearly 2 hour drive would be worth it, but i had a Living Social deal about to expire, so off we went. Parking is super easy and inexpensive so don't stress about the car. We arrived at just after 10am, there was already a line!! You'll get tokens to collect pens, crayons and modeling clay as you go, you'll also be collecting crayons separate to the tokens. My 4 year old was super excited to get started. If you have a child who loves to sit down and do "art projects" you cannot go wrong with this, its project after project after project, with some interactive dashing about in between. We left at 4pm to beat the traffic, we could easily have stayed until closing at 5pm. This is definitely an all day attraction, there is so much to do (baffled by MrTG's review who thought it was lacking for things for kids to do, maybe he had very young children) don't think you'll be all done in 2 hours, my daughter wanted to go back to some things and do them again they were so fun. This might be a different experience taking along a younger sibling, everything is geared towards i would say 4 to 8 year olds, so if you have a baby in tow, or even a 2 year old, be prepared! Other notes, the staff were friendly and helpful, restrooms on each floor which were clean and well maintained, the layout was super easy, the whole place was bright and cheerful, i really have no complaints. Pack a lunch or grab lunch from the connected MacDonalds. You will leave with art projects galore, crayons & pens and a really happy child, unless they are sad because they don't want to leave yet!!! I like this better than the Zoo, the Franklin Institute and the Discovery Museum for a day out with my 4 year old, we will go again.

2  Thank LianeNj
Write a ReviewReviews (1,295)

Reviewed June 26, 2012

While I'm sure the kiddies love it, I expected a more inviting and interactive experience. My overall impression was that it was lacking things for the kids to do.

1  Thank MrTG
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We have been here once before about 3 years ago and it was SO much better. They used to have a 4th floor that was the Train and Canal museum which was not really Crayola but still included with admission. This floor had a big train you could climb into and take pictures. There was also a big Arc (like a ship) with the steering wheel and just a fun thing for kids to climb onto and play. There was also a water play area. Well, we went today and a worker told me they got rid of this entire exhibit. I dont know why but that was a HUGE disappointment because my 2 year old wouldve loved that. They also recently raised the admission price from 9.75 to 12.00 now per person! So they got rid of a huge part of the play areas AND they raised admission?? There was not much that was added either since we were there 3 years ago. Pretty much the same exact stuff. We were very disappointed. I dont think this is worth $12 per person anymore. Sorry.

4  Thank Kelcoppens
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stopped here on our way back from Sesame Place so we only had a few hours but the kids loved it. There was plenty for both our 4 year old and 2 year old to do. They loved to be able to Scribble on the wall and the waterway exhibit was their favorite. We stayed 2.5 hours but definitely could have stayed more if we didn't have to travel several hours home. I liked that the kids could do all their activities at their own place.

There were bathrooms on every floor but probably a bit smaller than necessary, the people waiting for the stalls would get hit by the door everytime someone came in/out. Minor detail but a little annoying.

I thought it was a bit pricey at $12 but the amount of activites as well as crayons, clay and markers our kids ended up with made it not seem so pricey.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Always changing, kids love the hands on experience. Brings out the hidden art talents of the entire family. Great day in Easton. We have all grown up with Crayola...

2  Thank eahsmatrat