“Do not stay here,filthy, manager rude and bed bugs”
Review of Days Inn Easton

Days Inn Easton
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Pittsburgh
“Do not stay here,filthy, manager rude and bed bugs”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Several things, upon check in informed front desk we were paying in cash. She wanted a card to hold room. With paying in cash, I gave a card that would only cover sundries if needed. She said ok but card was declined for entire amount. I reminded her I am paying in cash. She did not take cash and said you can pay in cash when you check out. Ok, no problem, this was a 2 night stay. We go to our room, upon entering I went to use bathroom and it had pubic hairs all over the toilet seat and it was wet as if someone recently used it, there was body hair all along floor where wall met. I had to call front desk for this to have someone clean it, front desk woman came up with a paper towel and spray bottle, she even cringed when she cleaned the toilet and saw floor. We leave early next morning after breakfast in lobby for our family reunion. We return late afternoon to find ourselves locked out of our room. Supposedly the person who checked us in was suppose to take cash first. That would not have been an issue has had the staff requested it instead of insisting on a card. But to be locked out of the room and try to resolve this was a nightmare. I asked to speak to the manager who said we called your room twice, when it was not answered it was locked out. We were out at an outing I asked did they attempt to call me the manager said yes in your room. I asked what phone number ws on file and they read back to me my cell phone and I asked why was I not called. The manager was arguing he did call me, in my room. I said I had to come back to prepare for a meeting that evening at 6 pm and now cannot get ready and late because of this issue. The manager all but called me a liar about my 6 pm meeting and said what is the number ot your meeting, I will call. I said the number is up in my room but you can the Pomfret Club and they will tell you that my a function is going on from 6 pm until 10 pm. He said call lthe police because I was not paying. He was difficult to understand. I was not paying for the second night becaues I informed him I wsa checking out. He continued to argue and said what do you want me to do. He said this was the front desk persons fault who checked me in and MY fault. My fault because I said I was paying cash and did not want to give a card to hold entire amount and her fault for not taking money first? Also, my sons room in the morning had blood spots on his sheet. A clear indication of bed bugs and I had to treat my items immediately to be safe upon going home. Police came and i said I had no problem paying for the one night I am NOT paying for a second because we are not staying. Police at that point left. I did not know arguing with customers when they had complaints and calling police is how Quality Inn resolves them. This will be the last time we ever stay at a Choice Hotel again. The only thing it has going for it is location right in downtown where my meeting was.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank PlaceT0Place

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
altima2008
Reviewed July 5, 2009

If you want to stay at this hotel do so at your own risk. Front Desk staff was decent upon check in. The 1st room that I was given was horrible. If smelled like must, the phone cord was frayed(or someone was hungry and was chewing on it?) and when I sat on the bed it collapsed to the floor. The front desk gave me a second room which was alot better than the first.

Got an unexpected wake up call at 6 am from the front desk reminding me I have to check out. Who would forget they have to checkout of a room? The breakfeast was ok. I Next time I decide to stay up in easton I will look for better accomidations.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Washington, Pa
Reviewed April 24, 2009

I called for reservation, obtained confirmation #, but reservation wasn't there upon check in.
Room smelled AWFUL - terrible musty odor. Safety latch on door didn't work - loose from wall. Hole in bathroom wall where there wasn't a door jamb. Sheets were stained. Absolutely the worst room I've ever stayed in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Easton hotels

LOND ISLAND, NY
Reviewed January 2, 2009

Beyond Terrible!!! They would not supply us with toilet paper. Had to buy own toilet paper and soap. Had to push the roll away bed up to room. They couldn't do it. The wall paper in room was peeling off. 1/2 the lights didn't work. The toilet bowl was stained.

Please look further. It's not worth saving a nickle!!!!

• Liked — Close to attraction
  • Disliked — Was told no toilet paper, no soap, only 2 towels, no help with roll away bed, made mistakes on bill, breakfast was a banana or apple.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia Pa
Reviewed December 19, 2008

I used my Choice hotel points to stay here and they only required 8000, most hotels in the area required 16000. The hotel was 2 blocks from the Crayola factory where my Mom and I visited so it was quite convenient. The hotel was very clean and the check in staff were quite plesant and informative. The room was very clean. The only problem we had was getting the hot water to come on to take a shower. It took at least 5 minutes to warm up, but I did address this with the manager before leaving. The continental breakfast was adequate with 3 cereals, mini muffins, coffee, apple and orange juice, big shiny apples and bananas and bread for toast. Other Choice hotels I have stayed in, included different types of creamers for your coffee, egg sandwiches and waffles, but this Choice hotel was fine. The location was ideal as there was a McDonalds across the street and a Wawa convenience store within walking distance.

• Liked — Free breakfast
  • Disliked — Hot water slow to come on
  • Stayed December 2008
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed November 2, 2008

We were a little concerned about our upcoming stay at this hotel after reading some negative reviews, but were very pleasantly surprised. The accommodations were more than acceptable. The hotel has been renovated (according to a staff member 2 years ago, but it looked newer than that). We checked the bed and bathroom carefully because of some of the reviews and were prepared not to stay, if necessary. We found everything to be quite clean and comfortable. The lobby was inviting. . The staff was helpful and pleasant. The continental breakfast in the morning was more than adequate, with several types of bread, sweets, cereals, fruit, yogurt and beverages. The staff member taking care of the area was attentive and inquired whether we would like more before she had to clean up at the end of breakfast time. It almost feels as if we were in an entirely different hotel than some of the other reviewers because it doesn't seem possible to have rooms that are at such extreme ends of the spectrum, especially regarding the cleanliness.

• Liked — cleanliness and size of room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
east coast
Reviewed October 30, 2008

Location was fine. The lobby was clean, but smelled of smoke. The staff were pleasant, and the rooms were well-decorated. We had a non-smoking room, which didn't have any musty smells, so that was a plus. The biggest problem was that, when we woke up in the morning, we discovered little red bugs crawling around the bed. When we squashed them, we realized they had been drinking our blood! We told the girl at the front desk, who didn't seem too surprised, so my guess is that this isn't the first time this has happened.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Quality Inn
#1 of 7 in Easton
The View Inn & Suites
The View Inn & Suites
#14 of 14 in Bethlehem

Been to Days Inn Easton? Share your experiences!