“Rudest people ever”
Review of Days Inn Easton

Days Inn Easton
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The hotel itself is fine. I've had better, and I've had worse. The reason for the one star is the JERK that checked me in. By far one of the rudest people I have ever met. When I handed him my Choice Rewards card, he actually tossed it back at me and said, "you will not use this" in a very condescending voice. Never said thank you, how are you, or anything. I stood over a minute while he finished whatever he was watching on his computer and it was all down hill from there. I will never stay here again and will go out of my way to tell others to avoid this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank brandop82
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for sharing your concerns with regards to your recent visit with us. We truly understand your frustration in having to deal with such poor customer service, and for that we are sorry. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have incurred during your stay with us. It is our goal to give our guests the best value for their money while making their stay a comfortable and pleasant one; this however was not achieved as reflected by your disappointment. Please know that we do not tolerate such demeanor in our hotel, and you can be assured that we will further investigate this matter so that future occurrence will be avoided. Your concern will definitely be given it due attention. We sincerely hope to make it right to you, should you reconsider and give us another chance to give you a far better experience next time.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is one of the worst hotels I ever stayed in during my life and I travel a lot and have stayed with the choice hotels before. From the moment I pulled up, I had a eerie feeling and I hate being right. The neighborhood for a night arrival is not recommended even outside the hotel, there appeared to be other activities between 2 people. When we checked in, we were greeted by a very rude front desk clerk, a girl who tells me you pay for the room the night before, and even though I wanted to pay cash at checkout, the charge would be non reversible. So finally after driving we checked in and it was worse, the room had a dirty feel to it, especially the bathroom, oh which by the way, the toilet barely flushed and the bathroom appeared to have some mold issues. Also, in my other purchased room, the wires were sticking out from the socket in of all places the bathroom; horrible horrible. If you have to say here, I don't know why you would; be sure to finish breakfast by 10, there is a worker who continues to make it clear that it ends at 10. The lobby was the best though especially the 3 colored guys sleeping on the couch, looking like they were partying it up. This hotel may have other activities going on, FAMILIES DON'T STAY HERE, find something else, don't worry about the convenience, it is not worth it. PS based on my complaint to the hotel & customer services, they would offer me 25% off a future stay here, REALLY!!!. To bad there is no negative selection for ratings.I hope their corporate office reads our reviews.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank joe w
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

It means a lot to us to hear your insightful and constructive feedback following your recent stay with us. Thank you for the time you took to make us aware of the things we may need to improve on to meet your utmost satisfaction. We wish to let you know that we will take your concerns seriously and take the necessary measures to address it without delay. The review pertaining to the cleanliness as well as the room condition and the overall safety will be meticulously assessed and evaluated promptly. We apologize if your experience with us was not a pleasant one. Thank you for the chance to grow and improve and we hope to be able to change your perception in the future should you reconsider and stay with us again next time.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My experience was not pleasant. I was in Easton for business and did not have the energy when returning that night to call the front desk and complain about the water drip outside my window, the broken/loose bathroom sink faucet and the disturbance from the room that was over me.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

We are deeply troubled to hear that your experience with us was not at all a pleasant one. We apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you. Please know that we will meticulously check the concerns you raised so that we may impose prompt corrective measures. Rest assured that your reviews pertaining to the bathroom condition will not go unnoticed. We hope that we may be able to change your perception of our hotel in the future should you reconsider and stay with us again next time.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I just spent one night at this hotel. It was just terrible. The bathroom was dirty. I went to pull the shower curtain and all these black hairs fell into the bathtub. It was disgusting. The floor had hair on it and the sink had a black hair on it. They had replaced the toilet and it must have been smaller than the other one. There was no tile around the toilet, just a big gap. The tile baseboards in the bathroom looked like they hadn't been cleaned for a very long time. In the bedroom where the windows slide, there were all these dead bugs.
We did not even have the free breakfast. We figured if the kitchen was as clean as our room and bath, we wanted no parts of it.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the back parking lot, we heard doors slamming and people talking all night...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

We sincerely apologize for not being able to give you a pleasant experience to remember. It greatly troubles us to hear that the overall room cleanliness made your stay very uncomfortable and inconvenient. Please know that we will meticulously check the maintenance of cleanliness for the entire property so that we may ensure that such incident would not happen again. We hope that we may be able to change your perception of our hotel next time.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I had an event on Oct 12, 2013 in Easton, PA, and made a reservation at the Quality Inn. I had a confirmation email. We arrived in Easton (after a 3.5 hour drive) at 2:30 am and they wouldn't/couldn't honor our reservation because they said they were booked. First they told me my credit card did not process (I only have a $100 balance on the card I used) and that they tried to call me, etc. (Not true) The guy clearly gave away our room, thinking we were not coming, and was lying to me. Also, why are the non smoking rooms more expensive than the smoking rooms? I asked when I booked it, but the employee could not answer and I though I'd find out when we stayed at the hotel. I'd sleep in my car before I went to this place again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

We would like to express our deepest regret for not being able to give you a pleasant experience to remember during the time of your arrival. It is our goal to show our guests that we are sincere in giving quality service that is why your feedback regarding the unpleasant encounter during check-in is most troubling to hear. Please know that there will be an escalation of this issue and you can be assured that this matter will be meticulously evaluated so that it may be given its due correction. Thank you for sharing this experience to us, and giving us an opportunity to correct it in the best possible way. We hope to give you pleasant memories to remember, should you reconsider and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Wow. Where to begin. Stayed one night here. Wouldn't stay again. Rough neighborhood. Our rooms were so dark it was almost pitch black when we walked in. The curtains were safety pinned closed to shut out the huge blue tarpaulin's that were visible from the windows. Looks like the hotel was undergoing major construction. Got woken up at 5am by what sounded like groups of workmen shouting, thumping, slamming doors and trudging down hallways. Free breakfast was ok until the homeless people started coming in off the streets to get it, and a ruccor occured with the front desk staff trying to get them out. There were 2 halfway decent restaurats to eat at - 1 was closed for meals after Labor Day. Walking the 3 blocks to the circle felt like taking your life in your hands with the groups of 2-3 males/homeless people watching you all the way along. I did not feel safe in this neighborhood at all. Thought I was going to get mugged. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Thank you for reaching out to us through this review. The displeasure you felt with regards to your overall experience is disheartening, and we wish to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences it has brought you. The issues your raised pertaining to the room condition and the loud noise early in the morning, as well as the fear for your safety greatly troubles us. Please know that we will meticulously handle the situation at hand and correct the deficiencies we find. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve, and we hope that we may be able to change your perception of our hotel by giving us a chance to serve you better next time.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Clean rooms and friendly staff, nice breakfast. However, window air unit was so noisy that sleep was difficult. Door lock screws had been ripped out of the wall when we checked in. Wireless internet was unavailable until I complained. Shower had black mold growing on the ceiling. Shower water temp was ice cold or scalding hot. While showering, the water faucet shot off the wall hitting me in the leg with water spraying everywhere. Management said they would take care of it in the morning. Also, tub and sink drains backed up quickly when water was running. Not recommended. Our room window was completely covered with a blue tarp.

Room Tip: We were on floor 2 facing north side. Don't stay here, pay more money and find a better place t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Thank you for making the effort of giving us your detailed feedback following your recent stay with us. It is however disheartening to hear that we fell short in giving you our goal of service, and we sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you had to go through. We wish to let you know that there will be an escalation of this issue; furthermore we will conduct meticulous room inspection so that we may correct the issues you raised with regards to the needed repairs of our facilities and amenities as well as the cleanliness of the accommodation in total. Your comments will be highly utilized to ensure that certain areas will not be overlooked and the future occurrence of such incident will be prevented. We hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Quality Inn
The Lafayette Inn
The Lafayette Inn
#2 of 7 in Easton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem

Been to Days Inn Easton? Share your experiences!