“POOR”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Easton
“POOR”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My experience was not pleasant. I was in Easton for business and did not have the energy when returning that night to call the front desk and complain about the water drip outside my window, the broken/loose bathroom sink faucet and the disturbance from the room that was over me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
We are deeply troubled to hear that your experience with us was not at all a pleasant one. We apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you. Please know that we will meticulously check the concerns you raised so that we may impose prompt corrective measures. Rest assured that your reviews pertaining to the bathroom condition will not go unnoticed. We hope that we may be able to change your perception of our hotel in the future should you reconsider and stay with us again next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lower Burrell, PA
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I just spent one night at this hotel. It was just terrible. The bathroom was dirty. I went to pull the shower curtain and all these black hairs fell into the bathtub. It was disgusting. The floor had hair on it and the sink had a black hair on it. They had replaced the toilet and it must have been smaller than the other one. There was no tile around the toilet, just a big gap. The tile baseboards in the bathroom looked like they hadn't been cleaned for a very long time. In the bedroom where the windows slide, there were all these dead bugs.
We did not even have the free breakfast. We figured if the kitchen was as clean as our room and bath, we wanted no parts of it.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the back parking lot, we heard doors slamming and people talking all night...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
We sincerely apologize for not being able to give you a pleasant experience to remember. It greatly troubles us to hear that the overall room cleanliness made your stay very uncomfortable and inconvenient. Please know that we will meticulously check the maintenance of cleanliness for the entire property so that we may ensure that such incident would not happen again. We hope that we may be able to change your perception of our hotel next time.

Travelers are raving about these Easton hotels

new jersey
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I had an event on Oct 12, 2013 in Easton, PA, and made a reservation at the Quality Inn. I had a confirmation email. We arrived in Easton (after a 3.5 hour drive) at 2:30 am and they wouldn't/couldn't honor our reservation because they said they were booked. First they told me my credit card did not process (I only have a $100 balance on the card I used) and that they tried to call me, etc. (Not true) The guy clearly gave away our room, thinking we were not coming, and was lying to me. Also, why are the non smoking rooms more expensive than the smoking rooms? I asked when I booked it, but the employee could not answer and I though I'd find out when we stayed at the hotel. I'd sleep in my car before I went to this place again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We would like to express our deepest regret for not being able to give you a pleasant experience to remember during the time of your arrival. It is our goal to show our guests that we are sincere in giving quality service that is why your feedback regarding the unpleasant encounter during check-in is most troubling to hear. Please know that there will be an escalation of this issue and you can be assured that this matter will be meticulously evaluated so that it may be given its due correction. Thank you for sharing this experience to us, and giving us an opportunity to correct it in the best possible way. We hope to give you pleasant memories to remember, should you reconsider and visit us again in the future.
Virginia USA
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Wow. Where to begin. Stayed one night here. Wouldn't stay again. Rough neighborhood. Our rooms were so dark it was almost pitch black when we walked in. The curtains were safety pinned closed to shut out the huge blue tarpaulin's that were visible from the windows. Looks like the hotel was undergoing major construction. Got woken up at 5am by what sounded like groups of workmen shouting, thumping, slamming doors and trudging down hallways. Free breakfast was ok until the homeless people started coming in off the streets to get it, and a ruccor occured with the front desk staff trying to get them out. There were 2 halfway decent restaurats to eat at - 1 was closed for meals after Labor Day. Walking the 3 blocks to the circle felt like taking your life in your hands with the groups of 2-3 males/homeless people watching you all the way along. I did not feel safe in this neighborhood at all. Thought I was going to get mugged. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for reaching out to us through this review. The displeasure you felt with regards to your overall experience is disheartening, and we wish to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences it has brought you. The issues your raised pertaining to the room condition and the loud noise early in the morning, as well as the fear for your safety greatly troubles us. Please know that we will meticulously handle the situation at hand and correct the deficiencies we find. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve, and we hope that we may be able to change your perception of our hotel by giving us a chance to serve you better next time.
Meadville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Clean rooms and friendly staff, nice breakfast. However, window air unit was so noisy that sleep was difficult. Door lock screws had been ripped out of the wall when we checked in. Wireless internet was unavailable until I complained. Shower had black mold growing on the ceiling. Shower water temp was ice cold or scalding hot. While showering, the water faucet shot off the wall hitting me in the leg with water spraying everywhere. Management said they would take care of it in the morning. Also, tub and sink drains backed up quickly when water was running. Not recommended. Our room window was completely covered with a blue tarp.

Room Tip: We were on floor 2 facing north side. Don't stay here, pay more money and find a better place t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for making the effort of giving us your detailed feedback following your recent stay with us. It is however disheartening to hear that we fell short in giving you our goal of service, and we sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you had to go through. We wish to let you know that there will be an escalation of this issue; furthermore we will conduct meticulous room inspection so that we may correct the issues you raised with regards to the needed repairs of our facilities and amenities as well as the cleanliness of the accommodation in total. Your comments will be highly utilized to ensure that certain areas will not be overlooked and the future occurrence of such incident will be prevented. We hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future.
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Did Via half marathon. The hotel is only a block away from the finish line. So convenient. Took a shower after the run, ate breakfast then checked out. Will stay here again. It is very close to a lot restaurants at downtown Easton as well.

• Stayed September 2013
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Our dedication to serve is fuelled by the wonderful feedback our guests openly share to us, thank you for choosing to stay with us and giving us an opportunity to show you the kind of service we are willing to give our valued guests. The appreciation you have for the convenient location and the overall comfort you felt is indeed inspiring and heart-warming. Rest assured that we will always seek to further excel in the delivery of our services. We hope to see you again very soon.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Decided to make a last-minute trip to the area over Labor Day weekend, and this place had rooms available.

The service was pleasant, the room was spacious and decent, and the breakfast was pretty good. The hotel is definitely showing its age, but things seemed fairly clean and well maintained. It was a 2-3 block walk to downtown for dinner, which was nice. The hotel was nothing amazingly great, but I was satisfied with my stay. No complaints, and if I were in the Easton area, I would stay here again.

One comment: Park on the side of the hotel that faces the street (as opposed to the back side which faces another parking lot). Also, be sure you lock your car. The parking lot was well lit and seemed fairly safe, but there were definitely some interesting folks walking through it at night--didn't look like hotel guests.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor, which was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience for our valued guests and for you to commend us on that matter is indeed heart-warming. Thank you for all your appreciation with regards to your overall satisfaction for having a comfortable experience while staying with us. We wish to let you know that we will strive hard to maintain the positive remarks you mentioned pertaining to the clean spacious and comfortable room in total so that we can ensure that we meet your utmost satisfaction. Our reliable staff will always be ready to attend to your needs at all times and we are committed to giving you the best service there is we can offer. We couldn’t wait to be of service to you again on your next visit to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Quality Inn
#2 of 7 in Easton
The View Inn & Suites
The View Inn & Suites
#14 of 14 in Bethlehem

Been to Days Inn Easton? Share your experiences!