“Another nice Wyndham stay”

Days Inn East Stroudsburg
Reviewed October 10, 2012

For an inexpensive stay, we were happy with the overall experience here. Quiet, clean, nice, and we both slept like babies. It was very quiet during the night, and air delivery was comfortable. The coffee was great and a nice little continental breakfast made the room total value very good. Very amiable people - checkin and out was simple and friendly. We will stay here again when we come through here.
I have to say that we have slowly switched to Wyndham Hotels like Days Inn and MicroTel and have been very satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
DaysInnEStroudsburg, Manager at Days Inn East Stroudsburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for your great comments and sharing your thoughts at Trip Advisor! We were happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and do hope that you return in the near future. Please contact me directly at 570-424-1951 when you find yourself in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania and I will ensure that your reservation is taken care of.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband & I stayed at this hotel for four nights. The hotel is in a very busy, noisy location. We could hear noise from traffic, other hotel patrons and the maids pulling the cleaning carts past the room chronically--I'm guessing they were repeatedly returning to the base to refill towels/supplies, but I'm not sure. I just know it was chronic noise. The floor was never vacuumed and was filthy. It made the bottom of my husband's socks black; I never took off my flip flops, except in the shower, and I got athlete's foot. On two separate days, we found long black hair from the maid-once on a towel and once on a bar of soap. The room is dated with peeling wallpaper, stained walls, etc. Our last night there, I could smell cigarette smoke--I think it was coming through the heating vent but I'm not sure. There was no HBO even though it was advertised. The Blue Tequila Restaurant, which is attached to the hotel decided to close an HOUR early the one night I tried to get a piece of cheesecake to go. The two staff members behind the bar were very difficult to understand, but I finally understood one of them who was trying to tell me they didn't have enough customers (even though there were 2 customers at the bar), so they were closing an hour early. I will NOT stay there again!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

On the behalf of our Days Inn Team, we appreciate your efforts of taking time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor and thanks a lot for your giving comments. We are extremely sorry that you were disappointed with the behavior of restaurant and lack of concern regarding the situation. As a guest, I know how I expect to be treated. We are truly sorry that restaurant staff failed to provide you with their very best. I am passing your comments to restaurant manager. Not acceptable in any way at all. I would like to assure you that all matters raised are being dealt with to ensure that this kind of service is never repeated. Please accept our apologies.
We are extremely sorry that you were disappointed with the service of housekeeper. As a guest, I know how frustrating and irritating it can be! We are truly sorry that we failed to provide you with our very best but I can assure you your review will not pass by without notice. I will be passing on your notes to the housekeeping team and discuss the reasons behind it. We apologize for the disappointing experience you had in the hotel. Although your experience with us has not been a good one, we hope that you will offer us the opportunity to provide you with our hospitality on your next trip. We do apologize for all the inconvenience during your stay.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Easily accessed from the major highways and easy to find. Very nice, friendly staff. TV and Wifi were good. Stayed Friday night to Monday morning and had no problems with noise. Room was clean but had a strange odour. It was a smoking room as that is all that was available. However, I am a smoker and still found the smell strong. But for the price and location, just take a bottle of Febreeze.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
DaysInnEStroudsburg, Manager at Days Inn East Stroudsburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thanks for sharing your good experience on Trip Advisor. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are trying our best to keep up the property to serve all our valued guests. We only wish you would have notified us of any issues you may have had with your stay like strong smell in the room; we could have taken care of it for you
It is our goal to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed their expectations to make their stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We hope that you will have a chance to return in the future to stay with us and it will certainly be a great pleasure for us to host you. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed last night. If you can't get to sleep with loud Music playing until 2am, don't book here. Mexican restaurant is connected to hotel. Saturday night is Latin dance night. Our room was not even that close to the restaurant and all we heard was Boom Boom Boom until 2am, it was ridiculously loud. Hotel was a bit dreary and definitely doesn't look like pics presented. Pool was ok. It was not only heated but almost as hot as a hot tub, which is good and bad.
Very disappointed in Days Inns, this one definitely fell off the radar for quality.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor
I sincerely apologize for your negative experience at our hotel. Saturday is the only day when Blue Tequila plays music late night and if anybody complaint about music, they always try to lower the music. As far as pool temperature is concerned; we always maintain as per under standard rules and regulations for indoor heated pool. It can't be adjusted as per individual requirement. I can assure you your review will not pass by without notice. I totally understand your concern. how frustrating it can be. As a customer representative in hospitality industry, we have to do our best. But unfortunately, we failed to provide you with our best. Please accept our apologies. If I can be of assistance to you in future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I chose this hotel cause of its price n location. The hotel was fine, large pool, great staff but its a bit old style 70s look motel. I was a bit cautious having our room at the 1st floor n people walking around to n from the next door tex mex bar. We checked in, took a dip on there cloudy, warm pool n had to leave that night. I wasnt feeling the place, i feel unsafe. Good place for the money but will not go back.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I am really sorry that you had not a great experience on your recent visit; I would like to apologize on behalf of The Days Inn Team. We have lot of regular guests comes with family number of times a year and enjoy their stay. We will be in touch with you directly to find out about your stay detail and hope that we can have you stay again to experience Days Inn at its best!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

nice place me and my children stayed here for the first time from sept-16 to the 18th. we enjoyed ourselves and loved the quietness. Enjoyed the heated indoor swimming pool,water was nice and warm we stayed in it for hours haha. the hotel is very nice,clean,well kept and close to alot of places you can eat,also has a gas station store next door.The staff were very friendly,cleaning people came around,we had enough towels and toiletries. Kids enjoyed the continental breakfast and our stay.
con: when cleaning personal tried to say we took the towels from the room smh
overall we had a quiet and relaxing stay, i would return there again and recommend others to go.Also we traveled from ny by bus -trailways- and the hotel was about a five-ten minute cab ride under ten dollars

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
DaysInnEStroudsburg, Manager at Days Inn East Stroudsburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor and for giving great comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thanks for choosing Days Inn for your stay and we hope that you return in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center

Been to Days Inn East Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!