“Enjoyed our stay.”

Days Inn East Stroudsburg
Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel
“Enjoyed our stay.”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Good all around experience. Location might have been better - in relation to East Stroudsburg ij one direction and the Delaware Gap on the other. But both were only minutes away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Days Inn East Stroudsburg, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your business and looking forward to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Rotterdam, New York
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have to say this place has gone down hill FAST! I stayed here a couple of times prior when it was still the Shannon Inn and even stayed here about a year ago under the Days Inn flag. However, I don't know how this place stays in business. Oh wait, I do know. It allows there guests to do anything. Like of fireworks in the parking lot, no problem. Have the DJ in the Blue Tequila play as loud as they can until 3am. My 2 year old son couldn't sleep and was complaining his head hurt the next morning. I called the front desk (after it rang 15 times, I counted) and asked the man who answered what time they play music til? He said he would go ask them to turn it down. They never did. If you want to watch weirdos practice skydiving into a pool with a parachute, this is the place to go. They told everyone in the pool (mostly kids) since it was 90 degrees outside that they all have to go into the shallow end or get out of the pool. WTF! I can honestly say I would take bedbugs and a cold shower at any other place than have to stay here again. When I complained at the front desk the girl acted like she didn't understand english and said the only thing she can do is give me 25% off the last night and send me a voucher. Don't waste the stamp!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, spend the extra $ to go somewhere nicer. If you like weirdos, drunks and LOUD M...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Moofazza6901
, Manager at Days Inn East Stroudsburg, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I am really sorry that you have had such a disappointing experience on your visit; I would like to apologize on behalf of Days Inn Team.
As a guest, I understand your concern. We are truly sorry that we failed to provide you with our very best but I can assure you your review will not pass by without notice. I will be passing on your notes to the management team and discuss the reasons behind it. Please accept our apologies.

Travelers are raving about these East Stroudsburg hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed one night because we were attending an event at the local Scout camp. When we checked in the person at the desk was difficult to understand it was about 2 hours before check in time but we needed to drop our stuff and get going. Room was ok - clean - hey only one night right??? We came back about 10:45 pm to the most god-awful head banging music and it permeated the room too. I am unsure if it was from the bar or a banquet but the people in the event had to be deaf because I could hear it clearly in our room. To add to the fun it sounded like the people upstairs were not only fighting verbally but physically. They brought it down to the first floor at which point I called the front desk and then they took it back up to the room. I fully expected them to come through the ceiling. Music went on until after 1 am - thankfully a pillow over my head blocked some of the sound. If you can get a room at another hotel - take it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dottie_M55
, Manager at Days Inn East Stroudsburg, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I am really sorry that you have had such a negative experience on your visit; I would like to apologize on behalf of The Days Inn Team. The weekend you stayed was a busy weekend and hotel was fully occupied. So, unfortunately we have no clean rooms ready for guests by 1 pm to check in. If we have rooms ready, we always allow early checking into the room. After that when you checked in, you got the room facing lobby as well as guests staying upstairs having fight made your stay totally unacceptable. I totally understand how frustrating it can be. Please accept our apologies. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. If I can be of assistance to you in future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Again, I apologize for all the inconvenience you had during your stay.
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hotel was convenient to the highway yet quiet at the same time. My room was clean, and for the price (around $70), I considered it to be a great value. I stayed the night before the Pocono Mountain Marathon, and got a great night's sleep. The pool was a fantastic treat for after the race. I needed a late checkout, and that was accommodated for $10, which was well worth it. It's not a fancy hotel by any means, but it was exactly what I was looking for.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Days Inn East Stroudsburg, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your thoughts on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel and for giving such an excellent review. We appreciate your business and looking forward to serve you again.
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Pretty inexpensive, and for the price, it was quite nice. If you are looking for 5 star, this isn't your place. The grounds are not the best kept, but the room was nice and clean, the staff friendly, and they have a decent Mexican restaurant on site that was actually kinda jumpin'. We would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RickfromDE
, Manager at Days Inn East Stroudsburg, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your thoughts on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your business and looking forward to serve you again.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This was the most awful hotel I have ever stayed in. The blanket had holes. HOLES! The carpet was dirty and sticky! Disgusting. Stains on the walls. The closet door was broken. Bathroom tiles had mold. Unacceptable! There was dirt on the dresser and stains on the mirrors. These aren't quick fixes - these are indicative of severe maintenance issues. I am a very frequent traveler and have Platinum status with another rewards program. I only stayed here because my family was going to a state park nearby and the nearest Marriott property (the program I use) was 40 minutes away and I didn't wanna do that drive. Apparently, I should have just done the drive and never stayed at this hotel. I will never stay at another Days Inn or another Wyndham property. Never again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MrNovember1
DaysInnEStroudsburg, Manager at Days Inn East Stroudsburg, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I am really sorry that you have had such a negative experience on your recent visit, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Days Inn Team. We have every desire to address our guest needs and provide them the best solution as soon as possible that’s why we always inspect our linens and blankets as well as bathroom after housekeepers finish cleaning the room and continue to do so to maintain our standards of quality for all of our guests, as reflected in our AAA Diamond rating and the quality of our Days Inn brand room furnishings.
We always take all our guests comments seriously so I would still appreciate the opportunity to speak to you personally to address this issue in detail as we don’t have any room in this condition as per your description. Again, we thank you for sharing your thoughts and please do contact me directly to further investigate in details at your convenience, and I surely hope we will get to see you at The Days Inn again.
Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My wife and I had worked in the woods all day photographing and setting insect traps and on arrival we saw a older Days Inn where we had pre-registered. Only a few cars were parked and a very plain older outward appearance fooled us into thinking this was not a very good place to stay . However we found the registrar very friendly,the interior open sky court attractive with a spectacular rhododendron in bloom amid a pretty garden, and our room was very clean. The biggest pleasant surprise was the Mexican restaurant in the Inn .The food was really excellent and the server was top-notch and worthy of more than a 20% tip. Though it was not for us they were preparing for a Poker Night in another room of the restaurant. People were arriving, the parking lot was filling and we never heard a word or noise from our nearby room all night..

Room Tip: Our room was close to the entrance facing the open sky inner court. It was very quiet...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
DaysInnEStroudsburg, Manager at Days Inn East Stroudsburg, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Thanks for your comments and sharing the experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and looking forward to serve you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap

Been to Days Inn East Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!