This motel is average and even though updated many parts are old and not clean looking. Noisy rooms because of proximity to roads, peeling wallpaper, stained ripped curtains, dirty chairs - one looked like someone really heavy stepped on it and broke the cushion, missing doorknob for adjoining room so made it extremely difficult to open to visit family next room, old popcorn next to bed frame due to poor vacuuming, the two double beds were relatively clean and comfy except for the loud metal springs creeking into your body, dark dirty carpet so better bring flip flops or keep your shoes on at all times (white socks will turn to black socks), small bathroom had low ceiling, dust filled exhaust fan, and dirt-attracting sticky white tile floor but excellent showerhead, and the outside sink had neverending supply of black mildew coming out of the faucet knobs (gross), free wifi did not work, and finally the sad looking gym and pool which we did not use because of the overwhelming steam heat and chlorine smell. Also quickly tired of the boring daily continental breakfast which consisted of fruit, 2 types cold cereal, toast, english muffins (watch out for the green mold spots), instant oatmeal, overly sweet muffins and juices not to mention the slimey chocolate donuts.
But the worse part was the occasional cigarette smoke smell eminating from the ventilation system almost every night of our stay and almost became unbearable since we are in a supposedly non-smoking room.
The only redeeming qualities are the flat panel tv, microwave/fridge in the rooms, 24 hr free coffee/tea in the lobby and friendly staff.
Um yeah, probably will not be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- *Check-in time: 3:00PM *Check-out time: 11:00AM *Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges. *Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. *Other fees that may apply: Early check-in fee = USD 20.00 / Roll-away/Extra bed fee = USD 15.00 per day. The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees may not include tax and are subject to change. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn East Stroudsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn East Stroudsburg Hotel East Stroudsburg
- Shannon Hotel East Stroudsburg
- The Shannon Hotel
- Shannon b&b
- Shannon Inn Pa