All reviews room was clean roasted tomatoes front desk attached restaurant breakfast buffet would definitely stay here again home fries flat screen tv off the highway convenient location stayed one night yogurt exercise room the delaware water gap upon check bushkill falls daphne
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

rooms were very clean. Friendly employees. Willing to help you. Free hot breakfast with an awesome employee assisting you if needed! Will definitely come back. Thank you Daphne for your great attitude and help.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
PAUL A, General Manager at Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We appreciate your time, and especially appreciate you being our guest!

I am sharing your comments with Daphne who, I'm certain, will appreciate you recognizing her hard work and dedication!

Reviewed September 11, 2018

Wish resturant was open on Sunday. Did not wan to go out to eat. The hotel itself was great and the room was above average. Would stay again but not on a Sunday night. I feel they could have offered at least a hamburger.

Stayed: September 2018

We appreciate your time, and especially appreciate you being our guest!

Unfortunately, after over 30 years, we have come to a crossroad in our restaurant. Having not raised prices in over THREE YEARS...we had a choice; either raise prices, or cut 1 day dinner service where we serve less than 20 people on average. Rather than INCREASING PRICES, we sacrificed dinner service one night a week, Sunday, from Labor Day to Memorial Day ONLY! We WILL be serving again on Sunday nights for the summer, beginning with Memorial Day, 2019. We do offer pizza in our Lounge, made to order on Sundays', when we are closed for dinner in the dining room.

I'm sorry if you wont be staying with us because of our decision, but we determined it in the best interest of ALL of our guests.

Thank you again, and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

I arrived on a Thursday. Place looked ok. On Friday I noticed that the towels were just thrown on the rack in the bathroom. The coffee service was not tended to. for two days I had to stir my coffee with a pen. Saturday I called and told the front desk that the housekeepers did only half the job. the ice bucket was not emptied, the glasses were not washed and arranged around the ice bucket, the towels again were thrown on the rack as well as the bathmat was just thrown on the tub. Dirty paper cups were not thrown away. I figured that the housekeeping would get the message and do a better job the next day. Didn't happen. I began to be suspicious. Now it is ... keep reading...

Sunday So I did things, placing stuff in particular ways, small dot on the sheets and towels. WE went out. came back I checked for the dots on the sheets and towels...they were there. I check the items that I placed in particular ways...still untouched....however the bed looked freshly made .Dirty sheets from the time I arrived on Thursday. in addition lotions and soap were thrown into the bathroom not arranged nicely. So I called the front desk. At 8:00 p.m. a man arrived at the door with sheets and he attempted to hand them to me. I made him come in and change both beds, give us clean towels as the one that were there were not clean and still damp Clean the tub which had not been cleaned all weekend On Saturday when I first complained I asked for some compensation. the ladies at the desk told me the manager would be in "tomorrow" Will tomorrow didn't come until Tuesday when I was checking out and he told me he was not authorized to give any compensation. So. MY question: were the sheets clean when I arrived?? Who knows. Were the towels clean day number one??? your guess is a good as mine. I had been using this hotel for 20 years and then it was named
Budget and the only thing budget was the name. Now it is named Quality and the only thing Quality is the name. .BEWARE If you are foolish enough to stay here check your sheets and towels. they may be used. Seems that the owners want to save money on washing their linens. So what was it I was paying for if not for a clean room???? Sadly after 20 years they will NEVER see us again. I will not do business with any of the Choice hotels because of the behavior of this housekeeping department. perhaps this is the policy of Choice Hotels. Oh well. they won't get any more of my money. P.S. the pillows were so hard I had to go buy pillows.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay at the quality inn east Stroudsburg pa.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
PAUL A, General Manager at Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Thanks, Mary Ann, for sharing all the details of your stay with us.
I know we had a very detailed and good conversation in the lobby during your check-out.
I also know that we tried to address some of your concerns and that you were not interested in us correcting them...
...and, based on our conversation in the lobby when we sat together, I thought we had a mutual understanding.
I do want you to know that I spent several hours watching the video recordings of the hallways outside of your room, and am happy to inform you that none of our housekeepers, or any other staff, were stealing sheets & towels as you had informed us.
While the comfort and convenience of our guests is paramount in our mind, it is difficult for us to correct any deficiency when we are not allowed to.
I do thank you for your comments, and wish you safe travels.
General Manager since 1997

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

just checked out today, stayed in room 517 for the last 2 nights ... the mini fridge made so much noise it drove me crazy (please fix that) ... the breakfast buffet was really good and Daphne was awesome and very pleasant! would stay here again!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family

We appreciate your time, and especially appreciate you being our guest!

I am sharing your comments with Daphne who, I'm certain, will appreciate you recognizing hwer hard work and dedication!

Reviewed August 31, 2018

Friendly Staff room clean bar and restaurant right off the lobby. The best was the Breakfast hot good and Daphne made sure you had everything you needed. Definitely staying here again next time in the Poconos!

Room Tip: Two Queens Beds are the way to go.
Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple