“AWESOME PLACE TO STAY”

Budget Inn & Suites
PA
“AWESOME PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed August 6, 2009

We stayed here for three nights as we came into town to go to the Nascar race. Everyone that worked at this hotel and restaurant were extremely nice. This went from the cleaning staff to the bartenders to the waiters/waitress to the front desk. They were all a pleasure to talk to and I would definately stay here again.

The hotel is right off of I-80 with a quick exit and turn you are right there. The racetrack is only about 25 minutes away and is very easy to get to. The rooms and restaurant are very clean and the food excellent.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank nomessingaround

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Czech first
Mississauga, Ontario
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Our room was nice, clean and comfortable. No frills in the room, but all the basics were there. The bathroom was renovated and modernized. Free hi-speed wireless was available in our room-- a plus for a budget property. The onsite restaurant is great value and good food. The location is very quiet even though it has very easy on/off to the Interstate Highway. Everyone from the front desk to the owner was very friendly and approached us in the restaurant. The hotel is privately owned and it shows. The price (AAA booking) was excellent and included a relatively extensive continental breakfast.
We will stay there again and recommend it to friends and family as a great stopping off point on the way to New York City.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DLW2009
NJ
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Stayed for orientation @ ESU. Originally booked @ Super 8 right next door. Super 8 was gross---nuff' said. Immediately switched to Budget. Everyone from the front desk to Barth(manager/owner) was as helpful as could be. room was clean, quiet and comfortable and affordable. Budget will be our accomodations of choice whenever we are in Stroudsburg. Great job.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Jlfreehold
PPAINPA, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 4, 2009
Thanks for your opinions. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know how you enjoyed your stay. We'll look forward to seeing you again!
Portree, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2008

Satyed here one night as we needed a US address for customs. Right next to interstate be our room was very quiet. Room was clean and comfortable. Good continental breakfast included.

Nice bar/restaurant at the side with reasonable prices.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iainskye
boston ma
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We were returning from our week long vacation and stayed at the budget Inn and suites for one night. I had booked a non-smoking large double weeks in advance. When we arrived @5 p.m. we got a corner room facing the highway. Note: rooms facing the front can be noisy as the highway is right there as well as a main access road. The corridor where our room was located smelled horrible-very stale and smokey. The when we entered the room the same smell permeated the room. The large double has 3 double beds which is nice but there is no microwave or refrig. Being in a rush to see some sights and have dinner we quickly went out for the evening. On returning the stink wof the room and hallway was overwhelming. I went to the first floor for ice and noticed all the rooms had non-smoking signs. On returning to the second floor I noticed no signs- we were put on a smoking floor with a smoking room that stunk and had dirty, stained carpets. When I went to reception yes I was told it was a smoking room. I was furious as we always book a non-smoking room. We were told there were no other rooms available and all they could do was to send someone up with an "ozone" machine to clear the air. Well, after a half hour someone finally showed up with the the machine that turned out to be broken. We were then told that was the only machine he could find and that was the end of that. So at 10:00 p.m. My husband went out to cvs to buy fabreeze, which did help to diminish the musty, stale odor. The next morning we again expressed our displeasure, and were told that room was recently converted to a non-smoking room! I just rolled my eyes and decided I would never stay at a budget inn and suites anywhere.

• Liked — the 3 double beds
  • Disliked — placed in a smoking room ;smoking floor which we did not want
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank shoppergirlbostonma
mid-Atlantic region
Reviewed July 5, 2008

I can certainly understand why this hotel would not meet some people's travel standards, however, this Budget Inn & Suites worked well with our plans for 3 reasons:
1. good location (approx. 20 minutes from Bushkill Falls);
2. it allowed pets;
3. it was within our budget (in fact, less than).

The staff is GREAT!! All of them were upbeat and very friendly. (Tina was a hoot!!) During our 1-day stay I was in contact with the front desk several times b/c we were trying to reserve a second night, but all the rooms were booked for the July 4th holiday. Each time I called to see if there were any cancellations, the staff took the time to check again. They were helpful and patient. (Except for the manager, who was just all grit and gristle-- no personality. Hey man, greet your customers with a smile!! Your staff knows how.)

Regarding the room, I didn't have high expectations. So, I was pleasantly surprised to see a recently renovated room. The room was big enough to lay down the doggy blankets and give them a corner to eat and sleep. And the bathroom was very nice, too. No frills in the room, but all the basics were there. Plus, there was also free hi-speed wireless available-- a big +. My only concern was that the room needed new doors. Neither the bathroom door nor main door shut easily, and one of our card keys did not work at all. New door knobs would certainly help, too.

The Inn is a hotel/motel with rooms that open to a hallway or the parking lot. It's a medium size properrty, and the staff tries to make it comfy with snacks and soft drinks available in the lobby 24/7. There's a restaurant (JR Grill) and complimentary continental breakfast. There is also a 24-hour Wawa Mart and a gas station conveniently located 1/4 mile from the Inn. And a Super 8 Motel is practically next door.

Whenever you travel with pets, your comfort expectations shift considerably. And at the pet-friendly economy hotels, you just brace yourself and hope for basic comfort and cleanliness. Overall, Budget Inn surpassed my modest expectations, and I will definitely go back when I'm traveling through the Poconos with my dogs.

Warning: While walking my dogs, I noticed that there's a cemetary right next to the property. Strange. (??) I don't ever recall seeing a cemetary next to a hotel. Phasmophobians beware!!

• Liked — large pets allowed with no extra pet fees
  • Disliked — The door knobs needed some maintenance-- or probably replaced.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pathen22
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 9, 2008

We went to East Stroudsburg to see a timeshare by Wyndham. The package included 2 nights at a local hotel. We ended up at the Budget Inn and Suites. The building looked nice from the outside. We were given room 116. We went to our room and the hall lights seemed very dim. The room was okay. The beds were old but the rugs seemed new and the bathroom looked newly remodeled.

During our first night, Friday, March 7th, we were unable to sleep due to the college age children running up and down the halls screaming and opening and closing the doors to their rooms. On Saturday, when we woke up we tried to take a shower but was not able to since there was no hot water. We stopped at the front desk and complained. We were told there was a college event going on so the motel was filled with college students. The man at the desk said someone from the night shift went down to the hall last night and told them to be quiet. Since the motel was filled and everyone was up taking showers, there was no hot water. While we were at the desk, there were several calls about the hot water. I asked the man how much the room goes for since I was not paying. He said the rooms go for $92 a night. I would never pay $92 to stay at that place. The hotel did have free wireless. It worked some of the time in the room. I did check the internet and the rooms did indeed go for $92 a night

We ate breakfast at the JR Grill for $5.95 a person (buffet). We were given 4 coupons at check-in for $2 off the buffet ($7.95). The breakfast was ok. The fruit cup was good but the french toast was burnt. The buffet included coffee and juice. When we got home, I checked my bank account and I was debited for the meal twice. Hopefully this will not be a problem to resolve.

Once again on Saturday night, the halls were extremely noisy. It is a shame that some college kids can act like complete idiots. It is no wonder why some hotels will not rent a room to college kids.

At least on Sunday morning, we did have hot water. We were so happy it was Daylight Savings Time and we were able to leave the motel an hour earlier.

• Liked — Free coffee in lobby
  • Disliked — No hot water
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CCCLady
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Days Inn East Stroudsburg
Days Inn East Stroudsburg
#6 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor

Been to Budget Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!