New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great stay at a good price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn & Suites

Budget Inn & Suites
“Great stay at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Staff for the most part was very friendly and professional. Hotel is updated and nicely decorated. The room was nice/clean and the weekday complementary breakfast was excellent. All together makes a great stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eric R
PAUL A, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you Eric, we appreciate your comments and you being our guest. Thank you!!
Paul Antosh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
matawan N.J.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Me and the wife stay for 2 nights and found the Budget inn to be an excellent,The staff go out of there way to make you feel special,The breakfast buffet is outstanding,and the dinners we had there were delicious.We will be back,Thank you for a special stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ccc149
PAUL A, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and you being our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. As always, if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please feel free to contact me personally.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week with our two big dogs. This hotel is extremely dog friendly! The rooms are clean but the best thing about this hotel is the staff. The owner is super friendly and the staff are the best I've ever experienced. This hotel charges a very reasonable rate and when I'm back in the area I will always stay here and recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Gottschee
PAUL A, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
We're delighted that we made your stay with us memorable. As you know, we do not charge extra for our guests traveling with their pets, as many hotels do. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor!
Hermitage, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We found this facility by accident--it was raining very hard the night of 9/21 & my sis-in-law & I were very tired when we decided to try to find somewhere to stay. We pulled in @ 10:15 & the front desk clerk was the most pleasant I've had in over a year! She got us an excellent price & told us the attached restaurant closed @ 11 so we hurriedly got our luggage into the room & went to the restaurant. The staff there were excellent as well! They greeted us warmly and served a very delicious meal! We went there again for their breakfast buffet & enjoyed another delicious meal. I would HIGHLY recommend this facility again! The staff were always warm, friendly & informative. The amenities were just right! Just wished I lived closer (I've gone back to CA) -- I'd go back again in a minute!! Thank you again for such a perfect stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bea E
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate you being our guest!! I am sharing your comments with our entire staff, all of whom work very hard to exceed the expectations of our guests. Your kind remarks will go far in helping to reassure them that their efforts are appreciated. Again, Thank you!
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I found the Budget Inn to be an excellent choice for a get away to the Poconos. Our room had a king size bed and was appropriately sized for this choice. It was clean and functional. The Inn was close to Bushkill Falls and Delaware Water Gap, the two attractions we wished to visit. The price was reasonable considering its' close proximity to Pocono attractions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DuncanCD
PAUL A, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for being our guest. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We hope to see you again soon....
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

If I could give this hotel a good rating, I would. I just didn't consider it to be very good so I rated it average. It's a modest hotel and clean. It is just a standard old school type of hotel room. It did have 2 queen beds instead of double which was nice since we had 3 adults staying in the room. We did not have a breakfast included in the price of our room because we stayed on a weekend night. They do have a restaurant on site and gave us a $1.00 off coupon for each of us if we chose to eat there. We did not so I cannot comment on that. We did have a room that was right in front of covered parking which is a nice feature but it does make things louder when cars are leaving from it early in the morning. The dumpster is also located very close to some of the rooms and there was pick up early, early in the morning we were staying there and it woke all of us up because it was so loud. The price for a one night stay on a weekend night was reasonable for what we got and the location of this hotel to both the Pocanos and I-80 was nice.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms right in front of the covered parking. The sound of cars starting up early in the mo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bigthicket
PAUL A, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, the clean rooms and spacious, pillow top queen beds. Although you did not have the opportunity to enjoy our restaurant during your stay, you will notice that one of the greatest features of our hotel is our restaurant food & service, as noted by so many of our other guests. As a Veteran contributor, we're anxious to discuss the finer details of your stay. If you would be so kind as to contact me personally, I would appreciate you further comments and suggestions. Thank You!
Union, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband & I stayed here with our 2 young children. Our room reeked of cigarette smoke & when I told the manager this when we checked in, he just reassured me it was non-smoking & that was all.

Come to find there were cigarette butts under the pull out couch! When we told the manager this when we checked out, he acted shocked, denied the room smelling & did not reimburse us at all for our terrible stay. Instead of demonstrating good customer service & insisting he discount the room, all he did was ask me what he could do to make it better. I wish I had the guts to demand reimbursement, but I didn't. I was nervous & in tears conveying our displeasure with the room & yet the manager never "manned up" to try to right the situation.

Also, we had requested a crib when we booked online, but the room didn't have one when we arrived. The manager brought us one, but it was dingy & had a hole in the mesh side.

We paid more for the suite so that our family of 4 would have a more comfortable stay & it was all a waste. We all woke up with smokers cough, including my 10 month old baby. I am not exaggerating this!! I slept on the pull out couch that was literally sleeping in an ash tray b/c the cigarette butts were right underneath me. I even felt nauseous from it for a few hours after we left.

Thank God we were only there for one night. We will never ever stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank bsb072806
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#3 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Days Inn East Stroudsburg
#6 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
3.0 of 5 stars 609 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos

Been to Budget Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!