New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Budget Inn & Suites
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Trip to the Poconos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I found the Budget Inn to be an excellent choice for a get away to the Poconos. Our room had a king size bed and was appropriately sized for this choice. It was clean and functional. The Inn was close to Bushkill Falls and Delaware Water Gap, the two attractions we wished to visit. The price was reasonable considering its' close proximity to Pocono attractions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DuncanCD
PAUL A, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for being our guest. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We hope to see you again soon....
Paul Antosh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Czech first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

If I could give this hotel a good rating, I would. I just didn't consider it to be very good so I rated it average. It's a modest hotel and clean. It is just a standard old school type of hotel room. It did have 2 queen beds instead of double which was nice since we had 3 adults staying in the room. We did not have a breakfast included in the price of our room because we stayed on a weekend night. They do have a restaurant on site and gave us a $1.00 off coupon for each of us if we chose to eat there. We did not so I cannot comment on that. We did have a room that was right in front of covered parking which is a nice feature but it does make things louder when cars are leaving from it early in the morning. The dumpster is also located very close to some of the rooms and there was pick up early, early in the morning we were staying there and it woke all of us up because it was so loud. The price for a one night stay on a weekend night was reasonable for what we got and the location of this hotel to both the Pocanos and I-80 was nice.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms right in front of the covered parking. The sound of cars starting up early in the mo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bigthicket
PAUL A, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, the clean rooms and spacious, pillow top queen beds. Although you did not have the opportunity to enjoy our restaurant during your stay, you will notice that one of the greatest features of our hotel is our restaurant food & service, as noted by so many of our other guests. As a Veteran contributor, we're anxious to discuss the finer details of your stay. If you would be so kind as to contact me personally, I would appreciate you further comments and suggestions. Thank You!
Paul Antosh
Union, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband & I stayed here with our 2 young children. Our room reeked of cigarette smoke & when I told the manager this when we checked in, he just reassured me it was non-smoking & that was all.

Come to find there were cigarette butts under the pull out couch! When we told the manager this when we checked out, he acted shocked, denied the room smelling & did not reimburse us at all for our terrible stay. Instead of demonstrating good customer service & insisting he discount the room, all he did was ask me what he could do to make it better. I wish I had the guts to demand reimbursement, but I didn't. I was nervous & in tears conveying our displeasure with the room & yet the manager never "manned up" to try to right the situation.

Also, we had requested a crib when we booked online, but the room didn't have one when we arrived. The manager brought us one, but it was dingy & had a hole in the mesh side.

We paid more for the suite so that our family of 4 would have a more comfortable stay & it was all a waste. We all woke up with smokers cough, including my 10 month old baby. I am not exaggerating this!! I slept on the pull out couch that was literally sleeping in an ash tray b/c the cigarette butts were right underneath me. I even felt nauseous from it for a few hours after we left.

Thank God we were only there for one night. We will never ever stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank bsb072806
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We recently stayed w/some family members @ the E. Stroudsburg Budget Inn. The staff was friendly & helpful & the rooms were clean & recently remodeled. Best of all, though, was the good value. They also have a nice continental breakfast, including biscuits & gravy, which made my Hubby happy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PAUL A, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
We make our biscuits, sausage gravy and muffins FRESH every morning, right in our kitchen! We're glad you enjoyed them, and your stay with us. Thank you!
Dumont, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Place was very clean and staff was pleasant. Area was definitely safe. Stayed for 5 nights and was more than comfortable. Bathroom was spacious and modern. We stayed Sunday through Friday and were never bothered by noise until Thursday night when i guess the weekend crowd started piling in.. they were a bit rambunctious for my taste. Good thing we were set to leave. Nice find.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room here from Aug. 28th until Aug. 31st, I get here and the 1st thing I encounter was that the man on front desk (Ken) seemed overwhelmed. He was upset and was speaking with a gentleman who wanted a microwave in his room. I got served by another woman (who was new) she was a little afraid to ask the man (Ken) for his password to get into the computer. He finally got her in and I got registered. Finally, I get to my room and I relaxed. I felt a little itchy, but I ignored it because I thought it was the bedspread. I woke up the next morning with bites all over my hands, a swollen face and and lip.(I'm allergic to bed bugs) I immediately reported it to the manager, who decided to come to my room and investigate with another woman. He comes with a flashlight and finally he sees that there were bed bugs in my mattress . Then he tells me "oh this is going to cost me $1,100.00 to get this resolved. I'm like Wtf?? He then asked me.. What do You want to do? Not even once asking me.. Hey do want another room? How can I make this better for you? Are you OK?? I just told him to reimburse me and I wanted to go home. He said fine and left the room. It was such a HORRIBLE experience and I hope you guys don't go through the same experience that I did. Btw the room # was 208.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Maritza O
Thank you for your comments. You are absolutely correct, we did find bed bugs in your room. This problem is causing havoc in every hotel in every area of the country. We take a very proactive approach in indentifying a room that a previous guest may have brought bugs into. Our housekeepers are well trained in checking rooms on a daily basis, and our immediate response, whenever necessary, with a nationwide company to eradicate the problem helps to keep our property comfortable for all of our guests. We do apologize again for your inconvenience, and are happy that we were able to refund your entire stay with us before your departure. Thank you.
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Imagine how happy we were to see the Trip Advisor sticker proudly displayed on the front door, We were tired and it had been a frustrating day at the collision repair shop. Elaine at the Front Desk could not have been nicer, a welcoming face ready to assist. Our first floor room was large and clean. Refrigerator was on, new wall mounted TV worked, three chairs and a table and a desk were available, nice King bed, lots of lamps, nice bathroom. We had been in a terrible place in Mt Pocono so this was just what we needed.
We had booked the Budget Inn on another website and it was rated Excellent there too. You cannot go wrong here and the price was right. And the in-building restaurant, Roasted Tomatoes, was very clean and the food was great. Service was great from Bringham.
Everyone on the staff was friendly!
The location is right off I-80 which was convenient! We will come back here again.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor close to the ice machine and vending machine and did not hear them. They...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your opinions on Trip Advisor. I remember our conversation vividly in our lobby the morning you were leaving. We appreciate your comments, but appreciate you being our guest even more!! Thanks again for staying with us!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#3 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos
Days Inn East Stroudsburg
Days Inn East Stroudsburg
#6 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center

Been to Budget Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!