“Pleasantly Surprised”

Budget Inn & Suites
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have been traveling East from LA to NY by car. My habit would be to drive until tired, look for a cluster of hotel/motels, and choose a decent looking place within my budget, under $100. While driving down Route 80 in Pennsylvania I happened upon a lodging coupon booklet. I called several hotels, but one call stayed with me because when I asked if the hotel had a "view of the mountains" the desk manager, Kenny asked me if I had been there before. At the time I thought it an odd question that might be reserved for a high end hotel in a destination resort. Kenny recommended another hotel rather than risk disappointing me. I finally decided to stay there and was pleasantly surprised that this "Budget Inn" was more like a nice hotel. The help made me feel welcome and special, the room was large and nicely appointed, and JR's Restaurant had excellent food. I enjoyed the place so much that I decided it would be an excellent place to unwind, before I drove into the stressful NYC traffic and stayed an extra night. These folks made me feel as welcome here as any high end hotel I've ever experienced. It's a bargain at any price.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room in the front above the lobby that had a large window facing the mountains and hig...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
PAUL A, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thanks Gary, for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.
We're glad you enjoyed our hospitality, and, I have passed your comments on to Kenny at our front desk. While business is important to us, the experience we provide our guests is even more so important. If we were not able to fulfull your needs, we are more than happy to refer you to another property more suited to your requirements. Our AAA Three Diamond Award assures our guests of a quality experience, we also want to be able to be certain our guests wants can be fulfilled while staying with us.
Again, we appreciate your coments and look forward to your next visit.
Paul Antosh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Czech first
Exton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at your East Stroudsburg location on Tuesday, 3/12/13. Not only was the room clean and well maintained, but the staff was courteous as well. We left and returned home the next night, after a nice day of skiing, and realized that we left my 3 yr old son's noise-making machine in the room. I called that night and the girl who answered the phone said that they have found it and it was sitting behind the desk. She offered to mail it us and sure enough, it was in my mailbox this morning. i can tell you that, that kind of service does not go overlooked and unrecognized. Not only did we get a good, fair price on an clean comfy room, but we received service above and beyond than what was expected. I gave high marks on hotels.com and on the survey presented and my word of mouth will equally be as rewarding. I have stayed at this hotel off and on for about 15 years and have never had a problem, but this week's stay sure cemented in my resolve to return. I thank you and your great staff and strongly urge you (as the customer is always right) to reward the staff of the Budget Inn, East Stroudsburg!!

PS: Please forward my remarks on the hotel themselves as i could not find a contact e-mail for them. Thank you.

Dave Ferraguti........one very happy customer!!!

Room Tip: Just go and enjoy your vacation!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dferraguti
PAUL A, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you Dave for your comments.
I received your letter in my email that was forwarded to me. I also sent you a personal responce via email as well.
Being an independent property, we strive constantly to make each guest experience superior in every way. Work of mouth and Trip Advisor have proven invaluable to us in letting everyone know what to expect as our guest. We appreciate you helping to inform others of our hotel and staff, both of which, we are very proud of.
Our entire staff thanks you for being our guest, and we all look forward to your return visit.

Villanova, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My first trip to the Poconos was with a group of about 20 friends from college about a week ago. It was an overnight ski trip planned by a frat at our school so we expected very basic accommodations where we would spend a limited amount of time. However, the Budget Inn went above and beyond our expectations. The staff was extremely personable and concerned with customer service. One of the managers offered us a reserved room at the bar and grille if we chose to eat there over Chili's (the original plan) and I was more than happy to give them our business. Comfy beds, exceptional shower and bathroom facilities considering the price, and pleasant staff. We can't wait to plan our next trip and stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
PAUL A, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
We remember your group well. It was a pleasure having you all with us. You are all a credit to your University! Our hotel is very popular for groups of all types from golf groups, ski clubs, motorcycle groups, family reunions, weddings and bus groups, to name a few. We pride ourselves in making the experience of each of our guests a memorable one. We do appreciate the opportunity to be your host and look forward to your return. Remember, we have Water Park packages and lots more for the Summer!
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We enjoyed our two-night stay at the Budget Inn & Suites, where the dinner specials really are special, and staff treats you like family. The owner stopped by at breakfast to see how our stay was going and not only listened to us, but recorded our comments on his voice recorder! The owner and staff gave us tips on activities and places to go. I especially recommend the pasta bar on Wednesday evenings. The location is convenient to area attractions, just off an interchange.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the rear of the hotel, away from the highway.
1 Thank Larry M
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Pasdta Bar on Wednesday nights is a very popular local attraction, as is our "Thanksgiving Thursday" buffet, featuring Roasted Tom Turkey with all the trimmings, and much more....even dessert is included. Every Thursday in our restaurant. Thanks again for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again.
Setauket, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went up to go skiing for 3 days, 2 nights. Close proximity to mountain.The staff was so pleasant and helpful. Rooms were particularly clean and very quiet and comfortable. This was our second stay at this Budget Inn, and I would definately stay again. I agree with other reviews that it could use an update, but otherwise very pleasant stay. Didn't like the J & R's restaurant, they were out of food that we requested, but salad bar was good.

Room Tip: They did tell me they had separate pet friendly rooms, had to ask for allergy reasons. THey do not m...
1 Thank zaanyfoods
Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, during your stay, our restaurnat became very busy. As a reasult, we sold out of many of our most populat menu items. As we prepare our food fresh daily to present you with the best possible product, we do not store great quantities in our facility. We know that it may disappoint some of our guests at times, but we would rather serve you fresh, delicious meals rather than something stored in a freezer. We do appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again.
Robbinsville NJ
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Booked two rooms at the last minute for Presidents Day weekend. This hotel was clean and comfortable and a good value vs the resort hotels in the area. We had a problem with the TV in our rooom in which the employee did his best to fix but was unable to. They offered us another room right next to the one we were in. The location is easy to get to as it is right off the intersate. If you want a resonable alternative in the Poconos you will have no complaints with this hotel.

2 Thank srfc6787
Thank you for shring your experience with others on Trip Advisor. We do apologize for the inconvenience regarding your television. We did purchase all new flat panel TV's about 2 years ago and have had no issues, until now. Unfortunately, it happened while you were aour guest. I am happy that we were able to accomodate you in another room in close proximity. Again, we do apologize, and thank you for your understanding.
Bucks County, PA
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We recently visited the Budget Inn & Suites for a 3-night, 4-day Poconos/winter sports vacation. We saw the good reviews and decided to give the place a chance, even though we generally stay away from anyplace with "Budget" in its name, or anything in the "Quality Inn" genre, having had bad experiences before. It was a holiday weekend so all the fancier places in the area (and there aren't many!) were sold out when we booked this vacation a month before arrival. Anyway, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was large and clean. The front desk staff was friendly. No problems with Wifi or the TV. The hallway was pretty grim and worn, but the room itself was comfortable. The breakfast was $9.95 on weekends and free weekdays, and the only difference was a row of steam tables on the weekends, with eggs, french toast, pancakes, home fries, etc. Meaning that the free days there was still hot oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt, cereal, breads, danish . . . very nice for a free continental breakfast . . . and wait staff to bring hot beverages. A really nice touch was the owner going around the room, introducing himself and chatting with the customers. That was really lovely . . . he even made conversation with our perpetually embarrassed, shy preteen, and had her giggling. Overall a nice stay!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank stella_luna33
PAUL A, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your views on Trip Advisor. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay and discovered the true value of our property. Being a AAA Three Diamond Award hotel, our guests expect the quality we offer, yet at prices nuch less than large chain hotels. Our owner is on property daily and truly enjoys receiving feedback from our guests personally. It's one of the many tools we use to improve our product and fine tune on ongoing staff training. Thqank you agin for being our guest. Your business is truly appreciated.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Super 8 Stroudsburg
Super 8 Stroudsburg
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Budget Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!