We stayed here with our two dogs for 4 nights and I was pleasantly surprised how nice the hotel was and really conveniently located. The price was slightly higher than the Super 8 next door, but this hotel does not charge any extra for pets, so in the end, this was a cheaper and a much better choice. The room is very clean, no smells or bugs (we checked!) and stocked with the normal towels, soap etc. We were given a room (301) in an alcove on the 1st floor, that was near only one other room, which was great especially having dogs with us because it kept the noise down on both ends (no one walking by causing dogs to bark, no one having to hear dogs bark if they did - also didn't have to lug dogs up flights of stairs or through a lobby). There was plenty of room to walk around and it also had a kitchenette with a microwave, refrigerator, sink and cabinets. The beds were comfy and the room was quiet except for in the evening, the restaurant is directly above the room and you can hear tables and chairs being moved and lady's shoes clomping around a lot. That was a bit distracting at times when watching tv.
There's plenty of parking, and several spaces to park your car under an overhang of the building which comes in handy when it's raining and you're trying to pack/unpack your car. The breakfast was great and had items beyond the basic donuts and coffee (scrambled eggs, gravy etc).
This hotel is a definite plus for pet owners because they don't charge extra fees for them except for the refundable deposit, and they have plenty of areas for them to go potty and even provide doggie bags in case you forgot to bring yours.
We unfortunately did have a few slight issues with the cleaning staff, as they were a bit too overzealous with throwing things out that were clearly our property (my metal fork from home) but I was able to resolve it easily with both the cleaning staff and the front desk. I suggest if you do stay here please be careful to hide all your items that could be mistaken for trash. Otherwise we all, dogs included, had a wonderful time and will definitely return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 112 Room & Suite, AAA Three Diamond Award winning property nestled in the heart of the Poconos. Ranked among the top 200 hotels nationally by Lodging Hospitality Magazine. Featuring The Roasted Tomato Restaurant with comfortable, modern lounge. All the amenities of a large scale hotel at reasonable prices. COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST MON-FRI ONLY. BIG BREAKFAST BUFFET SAT & SUN $8.95, ALL YOU CAN EAT, INCLUDING COFFIES AND JUICES. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Budget Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Budget Hotel East Stroudsburg
- Budget Inn And Suites
- Budget Inn East Stroudsburg
- Budget Inn Hotel