“go here if in the area”

Roasted Tomato Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pleasant, relaxed atmosphere and menu. All dinner entrees include LARGE 30 item Salad Bar with Homemade Soup, Chili and Make-Your-Own Nachos all at no additional charge. Fun and friendly staff with varied menu of Steaks, Chops, Seafood, Pasta, Chicken, Pizza, Burgers, Vegetarian and more. Reservations are not required and dress is casual. Families are welcome! ADA Accessible.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

we went here because it was attached to the hotel and had enough driving for the day.
a little small but has a big menu with something for everyone. Food was very good and priced reasonable. service was great and the waitress seemed like a hard worker, which we appreciate.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

To me if you call this a diner, where is the counter so you can sit for coffee only or a piece of pie.Where is the salad bar that was a good feature for Jr's . Roasted Tomato! What happened to the favorite servers who was there before, everytime you turn around there is someone different, i used to be a good customer there not anymore, too many false faces. I feel sorry for the workers there, they dont seemed to be happy. Something is wrong there. Good Luck I look at it that its the employees makes the business not the management '

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I have been in the restaurant business for 11 years. My boyfriend and I were headed to the Pocono's for the holiday weekend and were staying at the Budget Inn for one night. Rather than getting back into the car to explore the area, we opted to eat at the Roasted Tomato as it was on site.

The diner itself is cute and is what can be expected for a restaurant attatched to a hotel. It seemed very clean and the hostess was prompt and very friendly, something very important as it is one's first impression. Our server Mike was friendly and attentive. We felt as though he may have been newer but it was obvious he was trying his best. The food was great. My boyfriend loved his baked macaroni and cheese and I also enjoyed my spaghetti and meatballs, which was the special of the day. The cupcake dessert was delicious as well. Everything was very decently priced. For the amount and quality of food, it really couldn't be beat.

Our only major snag was with management. The owner, (Barth I believe) was very friendly and stopped by our table to ask about where we were from, if we were staying in the hotel, ideas about the restaurant, etc. He wasn't really a concern for us nearly as much as the other manager on duty. We didn't catch his name but he was being extremely hard on our server Mike and snapping at him in front of customers. Very uncomfortable and awkward. Clearly he has probably never waited on a table in his life and doesn't know what it entails. I have been in a supervisor position for years and would never talk to my staff like that, especially on the floor. He was basically degrading his own employee. He should realize that a happy staff means better service and happier customers. Who would want to put a smile on their face after their boss yells at them in front of everyone? Mike pushed through and we thought he was great. The funny thing was that this guy sas so nice and pleasant to the tables and then would turn around and bark orders at the staff. Hmm, two faced? Barth should consider a serious sit down with this man.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food was horrible!!! No taste very very bland. Menu was very limited $13. For a pot roast dinner is not a good value. No salad bar, portions are very small for the money.
Roasted chicken salad sandwich had no flavor and barely any chicken!!! Definitely not going back. Any other restaurant would be a better choice.

1  Thank Mesbensen
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We didn't know the area and we were looking for a place to eat. Decided to stop there. We weren't expecting much we were just hungry and tired. The food was really, really good. Service was excellent and the manager also comes up to your table to ask if everything is good. If I were a local I would eat there often.

1  Thank pat q