All reviews screened in porch buttermilk falls back porch large kitchen washer dryer two story two bedroom villa welcome center flat screen nice resort older units whirlpool tub dvd player other resorts activity center the delaware water gap family vacation
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We are timeshare owners and traded in through Interval to come to this property. I read the reviews before we booked but our choices were limited and this is semi-close to home so we took our chances. Overall, our unit was clean but needed updating. We had a couple of issues when we first entered our unit and immediately called the desk. They sent someone immediately to take care of the problems - although the stove issue (burner was disconnected) was fixed and the burner was "usable" it still was not right. Unit needed to have upgraded appliances. We rented a 2 bedroom unit although we only used one because we wanted the extra space. Our bed was comfortable. The bathroom attached to the master bedroom had a small shower and a toilet with a sink outside the bathroom. The other upstairs bathroom was bigger and contained a small shower and the weirdest orange tub I've ever seen. Needless to say we didn't use it. Living room furniture was cleanish, but needed updating. Loved the screened in porch.

We didn't stay at the resort during the day - we did some day trips and so we just really slept and showered here. We did use the pool on one occasion and it was fine. Most activities cost a few dollars -which you would pay if you wanted to do them outside the resort. My issue is this - I like this resort and wondered how handicapped accessible it was. In our unit, all the bedrooms were upstairs. After several discussions with the staff here I found out that the resort only has 1 ADA approved unit - and there are many units here. Some units have fewer steps to get into them, but all the bedrooms are upstairs. I could not bring my 82 year old mother here because she could not do the stairs. They do mention the layout of the units on their website, so I wasn't surprised, just concerned.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated unit. Call ahead for special requests.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kjgardeski
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights for my sister's wedding in the Poconos. The room was filthy (cobwebs, moldy bathroom) and I found a spider walking on my infant's (8 mon old) face. A window of my parked SUV was shattered by a rock displaced while the landscapers were mowing the property. I called security who was useless and stated police cannot enter private property. We asked for a late checkout (by 2hrs) since we were having the post wedding brunch at another location on the same property, but were vehemently denied due to the room having to be cleaned for the next set of guests. Given the state the room was in upon check-in I am not too sure what was really getting cleaned.
It is really disappointing to see how terrible Shawnee has become especially since I grew up vacationing in Shawnee and we even owned a home here from 1984-2005. Thankfully we sold it because I do not want to be affiliated with an establishment which has no regard for customer service.
STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank Afacee
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

We are so sorry to hear about the conditions of your unit and the incident with the landscapers. We will certainly utilize the information that you have given us to improve the quality of future guest vacations. Please know we do take your concerns and feedback seriously and we hope any future stays at our resort are enjoyable.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Another great vacation at Shawnee! I've been coming since I was a child when my parents purchased the timeshare. We've always had a wonderful time here and this year was no exception.
I found staff at the rec center check in very nice and helpful. Our unit was spotless and had toilet paper and soaps as usual. In the past a dead lightbulb or a shower curtain that needed replacing were always taken care of immediately. Nothing was needed on this trip.
If you are looking for a state of the art, fancy place, this is not it. Sure there are some upgrades that are needed but over all my family has always been very happy here. If you're looking for a nice, clean place on the river, in a beautiful wooded setting, nice staff, lots to do nearby and you don't care about having top notch everything (which doesn't matter when you're out and about most of the time anyway!), i recommend giving Shawnee a try.
Also, in over 30 years we've never seen an ant, ladybug, bedbug or any other bug issues. No musty smells either. Our unit has quite large flat screen tvs in both bedrooms and the living room.
Our section, river village II, is in the process of being vinyl sided this year, which looks very nice! They also added a 1/2 bath on the first level a few years back. And after only having the upstairs bathrooms for many, many years, i don't care how tiny it is!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank albertkran
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Condo was "okay". It's better than sleeping on the ground. The furnishings, bedding and accommodations are vastly out-dated. Carpets stained and foul smelling. Each condo needs it's own BBQ, bathrooms smelled like musty urine and the fridge didn't work. Maintenance staff were friendly, polite and efficient; however the "check-in" staff were rude and condescending. My son asked "Is this where we check in?" and the desk clerk stated, "obviously" and rolled his eyes. For the price, there is not much to do unless swimming in a hairy chlorine bath is your thing. Nature walks were beautiful, town is quaint and friendly and all the guests looked equally disappointed... so there's some comfort in that. My daughter actually started crying as soon as we walked through the front door and the rest of us were crying on the inside.

Room Tip: get condo close to the recreation hall if you have young children, otherwise you'll be driving there all the time. Shuttle is ok, but kids want to go when they want to go and waiting for the shuttle was not convenient.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Mel N
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Ridge Top units are old, tired, and dirty. I didn't want to sit on any of the furniture or walk around barefoot. There was a infestation of ants when we got there, a charge for wi-fi, and all the dishes still had good on them. This has been the opposite of relaxing. Total DUMP!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank darahdoo
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Hi Karen,

We apologize that the unit accommodations did not meet your expectations and were not fully clean upon your check-in. We know you expect a certain level of quality when staying at our resorts. Please know we are continuing to improve our property location and your feedback will help us to do so.