All reviewsscreened in porchbuttermilk fallsback porchlarge kitchenwasher dryertwo storytwo bedroom villawelcome centerflat screenolder unitsnice resortwhirlpool tubdvd playerother resortsactivity centerthe delaware water gapfamily vacation
Reviewed July 22, 2013

WE from THE SAN JOAQUIN ASSOCIATION were having picnic at the SUN RECREATION AREA when the WHYNDHAM EMPLOYEES told us to leave the place since we were not members We have rented 13 units from the BETTER HOMES and we were doing this for the past 10 yrs.We were told by the Better Homes-Wilkins employee that we can use the picnic area and it's a first come basis. Your employee told us to leave the area and go to other area and sit on the grass.This is very degrading to us.We are professional people and not just MERE people.WE were treated like dirt.I don't want to say they are racist but it looks like that.We have members in the group who have also have timeshares from your company and we will suggest from our other members not to get anytime shares from you. Our weekend was ruined because of this incident.Our members including children young kids were traumatized with the incident since this is the first time it happened to us.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lourdes N
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

We are sorry for your experience regarding the Sun Mountain picnic area and staff while visiting the Shawnee area. The confusion was not intended and we will review this situation with our team to identify how we can avoid this in the future. Since your accommodations at the Northslope rental are not owned, operated or affiliated with Wyndham or the Shawnee Village Resort, we are not able to resolve this directly. However, we would like to put you in contact with someone who can assist. Please email NEPA Property Management at patriciab@wilkins1.com. We hope they can respond quickly. Please extend our apologies for this experience to your guests.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My in laws have a time share through Wyndham & took my husband and I and we stayed in the Crestview 264. We were a little weary when we pulled up as their is a security guard and kids and teens all over since it's called "The Shawnee Recreation Center". We weren't sure if this was a town rec center attached or what. When we arrived at our Crestview section, the outside is very nice - very woodsy and brand new looking. I must say ahead of time, I am a little OCD with bugs, so I had my husband check my bed twice, as we were in the second bedroom w/ two full beds, even though the place appeared nice and clean. All seemed fine, except for some spots on the sheets, so on went our vacation. Other things to note, we arrived on a Friday night and Saturday and Sunday the pool was packed, so packed you could hardly see water. People were picnicking everywhere, it just appeared overbooked. We did our toursity things and stayed away. The unit above us was unbelievably noisy. It sounded like the toddler kept pounding and running back and forth across the unit and often heard a tantrum or too from the second bedroom. When we finally went to the pool Monday, the water was murky and the only reason we got in was because it was so darn hot out, but didn't stay long in as clumps of hair floated by. They only have ONE pool and it is not big enough for the whole development, although there are enough chairs-that was the positive! We decided to leave a day early anyway as the place is more geared for kids then us adults and the area is mediocre at best. So, it was the last night or I should say morning we were leaving I couldn't sleep and rolled over on my stomach and started playing on my phone in the dark room and that's when I saw it, something moving next to me. I flashed my phone on it and saw a little bug crawling away. I jumped up and flipped on the lights and saw another one. I pulled back the sheets and there was a bloody smushed one, then another one on my pillow. It was bed bugs! The more we investigated my bed, the more we found. We couldn't get out of there quick enough! My mother-in-law immediately contacted the office and they didn't seem too concerned and said they'd send someone up. Well the person never showed up while we packed up. Now that I've researched, the spots on the sheets should have been the indication of bed bugs - so be aware. We just thought it was an old stain, but it's not! As I said, the mattress appeared fine, but as I've researched, if disturbed they will hide in headboard or pictures above bed, etc. and that must be where they were I don't know if I will ever be able to stay in another hotel again! the thought of them crawling all over me and not knowing it almost puts me into a panic attack! My bites are just showing up all over my back, arms a week after our first night. We wouldn't bring anything that was with us into the house until it was cleaned and laundered outside of the house. I am just devastated by this! Please be aware!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Scheff
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed there for a few days during winter for a skiing trip. It was just mediocre. The furniture, bedspread and curtains could use some updating. The place was spotless but did not feel truly clean. The kitchen was average, the whole place was average. Nothing that would make me want to go back. Would search for a more memorable hotel/townhouse the next time we visit Poconos.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in the Depuy area for 2 nights, as part of a timeshare presentation. I was expecting something up to hotel standards, but this was really more on the level of cottage in the woods in terms of decor, maintenance, etc. Not much of a view from the units, and you have to drive to all of the amenities (pool, food, etc). We enjoyed ourselves and were comfortable enough, but would probably stay elsewhere if we were paying out of pocket.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank payn0045
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have stayed at this resort for the last 4 years in the Ridge Top units. It is like being in a townhouse with all the amenities. There are many activities no matter if you are traveling as a couple or as a family. We always make sure we're there for Monday night karaoke and Tuesday's bingo. They are such fun. The only problem we have experienced the last 2 visits were that our units were not ready for check-in. Otherwise, great accommodations. Staff is very knowledgeable about attractions in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple