All reviews screened in porch buttermilk falls back porch large kitchen washer dryer two story two bedroom villa welcome center flat screen nice resort older units whirlpool tub dvd player other resorts activity center the delaware water gap family vacation
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Our experience was nothing but disappointing - to the point where we left and didn't stay. The first villa was very outdated but most of all very dirty! I won't even go into details I will just say it brought me to tears. The manager was understanding (the only reason why I gave it a poor and not a terrible rating) and did give us the opportunity to try another "newer" villa. The only problem is the same cleaning person cleans that one too! We couldn't even bring ourselves to stay - we checked out 20 minutes after checking in. We would never go back there nor do we recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank J075
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Shawnee Village Resort with some friends as part of their timeshare. I believe we stayed in Shawnee Crestview which I was told were villas. It was #299. This is the worst experience I have ever had.
On the first night, we woke about 2 am to find bed bugs. We woke our friends up and they had bed bugs as well. Our friends called for a night manager only to get an impolite security guard because there was no staff on duty.
To make a long story short:
We stayed awake the rest of the night in the kitchen.
The management provided the bare minimum in service but did say their insurance would cover medical visits and exterminators if our houses became infested... but I'll believe it when I see it (hopefully I won't have to see it).
I spent 8 hours of my vacation washing clothes to hopefully kill any bed bugs hitching a ride.
My friends did get a full reimbursement because of the bed bugs.
I lost about $200 in luggage because I did not want to take my bags home and the resort wouldn't clean/replace them. I'd have been happy with some cheap gym bags. They gave me clear plastic garbage bags... so much for privacy.
Other than the bed bugs, the stay was OK. The rooms were comfortable, but the heat was so noisy, you had to blast the volume on the TV. The smaller bedroom had two beds that left little room for anything else. This is why we put our bags on the other bed... big mistake. The kitchen was decent, I thought the dishwasher was cheap though. Also, the wireless had a very poor signal.

If you think you can get a room without bed bugs, this isn't a bad place to stay. The management is poor and either doesn't care or is inexperienced. I would have given it 4 stars, but their poor handling of a bad situation reduced my rating for Shawnee Village Resort.

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs and don't put your luggage on the beds.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Joe H
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We have been coming to Shawnee every year for MLK weekend for the past 4 years. We exchange through RCI so my only disappointment is we book for the week and only stay Sat and Sunday nights. There is no Friday check in or I would feet better about the transaction. Aside from that we enjoy our stay. We have now stayed at Fairway twice and River Village once. The rooms are just fine. In a 2 bedroom there is plenty of space with enough beds so that each of my 3 kids can have their own bed and my husband and I get a room. This year we just returned from our stay at the Fairway. It had a pullout sofa that one of my kids used because nobody wanted to share a bed. The kitchen was fine but we never really cooked. I made french toast for breakfast and there were plenty of kitchen supplies. I did the wash before coming home and did not have to do any laundry after getting home.
The best thing about the resort for us is the recreation staff. We ski most days then head over to the recreation center. The kids go for a swim in the nice pool, we can jump in the hottub if we want. The kdis then can do the planned activities with the staff while my husband and I relax and watch football. Activities this weekend included a game of dodgeball, movies, an ice cream social and Wii games. I am so relaxed knowing they are having fun in activities right next to where we can watch a game! I'm not sure I can talk them into doing this trip again but for a short weekend, it's close enough to home and loaded with activities.
We read great reviews about The Gem and Keystone and decided to try it. We read they have a Wings special on Sundays and really looked forward to it. Well, I don't want to do a whole review about the restaurant except to say --They were out of wings! The food was good otherwise but what a letdown. We were really thinking we could watch the game with the kids, try their mocrobrew and have wings. Better luck next time.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank notnow
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We are Presidential Reserve owners and we chose Crestview because of a recommendation of another Wyndham sales rep. The Cresview units are more like what you expect of Wyndham properties. We have stayed here twice in the 2 bedroom units...very nice except you have to pay AT&T for internet access...$30 for the week and it is s-l-o-w. No free internet at the rec/check in center either. The exercise area is lacking equipment or free weights, the pool is ok, the miniature golf is not the best. I would not spend my time at the rec center. We stayed in a 4 bedroom unit for family Christmas (12 plus an infant plus 2 day visitors). For whatever reason, the appliances in this unit weren't as sturdy as the 2 bedroom units. The dishwasher was horrible! Some of the back splash tiles fell off behind the stove. I found this funny...the chairs for the counters were too short to be used at the counter and too high to be used at the table. The thermostat for half the condo was on the inside of one of the bedrooms. The other was in the main room.

The staff was very good to us. We moved from a 2 bedroom unit to the 4 bedroom unit. They allowed us to stay in the 2 bedroom til the 4 bedroom was ready. I don't think they normally do this, but we had a recent surgery individual with us and I asked nicely. We were called as soon as the new unit was cleaned and we moved. We went to the "update" to receive the gift card to cover the cost of the internet. Session was good and no pressure to purchase as we are not purchasing any more. We needed more toilet paper and were told we had to come to the center for the rolls...not quite the presidential treatment we get at other places. We were only allowed 4 keys for the unit with 12 people. ODD.

We did make use of the free shuttle to Shawnee Mountain for a bit of skiing. The driver was very nice. Not much of the mountain was open because of the lack of snow, but we were able to ski all the runs in a little over a half hour, dodging folks, some of whom were skiing in the grass. They provided a lot of entertainment. DO NOT SHOP AT THE WALMART. It is a disgusting place. I don't know why the desk recommended it. Weis is a decent place to shop for groceries.

GPS cords took us nowhere near the check in center. Look for Ridge Top Road off Buttermilk Falls. Turn Left and pass under the stone archway to the check in area.

I was originally nervous to stay here because of the reviews here, but the Crestview condos are newer than the others. Hopefully Wyndham will be able to bring the other areas up to snuff.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank SkiBug5
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My family (2 parents and 3 college age children and on teen) stayed here for our Christmas vacation. We were at the golf resort villas and though they were rather dated (Brady Bunch comes to mind) they were clean and maintained. We had no complaints. We did wish that we had been able to use the indoor pool at the Inn rather then having to drive to the hospitality building (not in walking distance) it was still a nice trip. The pool and sauna were well maintained, and bingo night was a lot of fun. If you are looking for 4 star this is not for you, but if you are looking for clean and affordable this is it. We took a family vote and will return.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family