All reviewsscreened in porchbuttermilk fallsback porchlarge kitchenwasher dryertwo storytwo bedroom villawelcome centerflat screenolder unitsnice resortwhirlpool tubdvd playerother resortsactivity centerthe delaware water gapfamily vacation
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My family (2 parents and 3 college age children and on teen) stayed here for our Christmas vacation. We were at the golf resort villas and though they were rather dated (Brady Bunch comes to mind) they were clean and maintained. We had no complaints. We did wish that we had been able to use the indoor pool at the Inn rather then having to drive to the hospitality building (not in walking distance) it was still a nice trip. The pool and sauna were well maintained, and bingo night was a lot of fun. If you are looking for 4 star this is not for you, but if you are looking for clean and affordable this is it. We took a family vote and will return.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Stefanie D
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Don't even think of making a reservation for any holiday. I made a reservations for three days in a two bedroom villa for the week between Christmas and New Years. They have an outrageous 30 day cancellation policy. I tried to cancel 32 days before check in and was met with a malfunctioning website (through which I should have been able to cancel) and an after hours recording on the reservation line. I tried the website again the following day to no avail. I called them on the day which would be 29 days prior to check in and they will not cancel the reservation and want to keep $1,100 for a room I won't be staying in over one day. Horrible customer service. Unreasonable policy.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Teddy0915
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We arrived for our weekend getaway on a Friday night and it took 20 minutes to check in. When we got there the staff told us that we would have to switch rooms the next day. We did not understand why we would have to switch rooms because we were only going to be there two nights. We thought we would just dispute it when they called the next morning so we went on with our night. We knew the place would be outdated so we did not expect a lavish condo. We had a nice night of getting together with friends but we were not looking forward to the next day of having to switch rooms again. We had 8 people staying in the condo so it was a lot of stuff to move. The next morning we got a call around 10 wanting to know if we wanted to purchase a time share. We were just there for the weekend and did not want to buy a timeshare. After that they told us we would have to switch rooms even after going back and fourth about how much of an inconvenience it would be. We did not have a choice so we all packed up our bags and went to the main lobby to get the other keys. It took another 20 minutes for them to check us into the other room. We wasted an hour at least by packing all of our stuff, driving to the main lobby, checking in, and unpacking again. On just a weekend away it does not seem reasonable to make people move their stuff that much. We did not know when we booked the hotel that we would have to move half way through or else we probably would not have booked it. It was a total inconvenience and did not make any sense. We found it hard to believe that they could not have just given us a room that was open for two nights. When we got to the next room the master bathroom upstairs smelled like poop. It smelled like someone had just been in there right before we got there. The staff was so unfriendly and did not help with any questions that we had. They just made it seem like everything was out of their hands even though they should know which rooms were open and why we had to move. The hotel was unsatisfactory on all levels, we will not be returning, and you should not either.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Kelly T
Reviewed November 28, 2011

It's taken me since August to calm down enough to write this review. I took vacation with my family, a party of seven. We stayed at Depuy Village. The Poconos are a beautiful place to visit. The Delaware Water Gap is also a beautiful area to visit. With all that said, thats probably going to be the last positive thing I say about this place.

We stayed from Sat to Friday August 13-21st. We arrived at 1530; mind you check-in was supposed to be at 1500. They told us that we could get in our unit by 1700 that the unit was being cleaned. I don't know who they hired to clean it because it had to be the dirtiest time share unit i've ever stayed in. There was so much dirt in the bathroom exhaust fan that it would not spin. The range hood was so Dirty I had reservations about cooking in the kitchen. There was more lint behind and beside the dryer, than in the lint trap. Lastly, and this one takes the cake. They had to be growing a mold collection because there were 2 dirrerent kinds of mold growing on the bottoms of the shower doors.

Well anyway, we got into our unit at 1730, thinking finally, we had a party of seven, and the front desk graced us with two whole keys, I asked could we get some more keys they said that they had keys on back order and to check back later on in the week. I went back Daily for the week and never got any more keys. Anyway, we ahd a party of 7 and there was only had enought bedding (sheets and blankets) for 5, although, we booked a unit that can sleep 8. Well, that would be great except for the fact that when we tryed to use the phone in the unit, surprise, surprise it didn't work. So, then my mother used her cell phone and called the front desk to make them aware that the phone didn't work, and get some more bedding. they said no one could come fix the phone till monday, but they would send housekeeping over to bring us bedding right away, this was at 1900 hours, the bedding finally got to the unit after 5 more calls at 2230 hours . Needless to say this place has great customer service(NOT).

On a positive note they did have nice pools and an activity center. the only problem with this is that we stayed approximately two miles away. We found out that they had a shuttle and that all you had to do is call it(yeah, right the phone is broke), we called they came and picked up the kids and went, wow this is great right, wrong... the center and the pools stay open to 2100-2200 nightly, the van stops running at 1730; really?? With all the people out of work they couldn't hire a second shift to run the van past 1730.

To sum up my experience, I can say that staying here was better than working for a week, The Poconos is beautiful, and let me not discourage you from going to this part of the country, JUST DON'T STAY HERE!!!! The desk people were not that helpful,We only got two keys for 7 of us, The unit was dirty...i've stayed in cleaner places in Kuwait during a sand storm, The customer service was lacking, The van only shuttled till 1730, and the units needed updating, cleaned , and new furniture.

Then after all of this, they are shocked when we don't want to buy a timeshare there....HAPPY TRAVELS.

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank john w
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The place look worst than a dump. The employes were very unwelcoming. WORST place ever!!!

• Stayed: November 2011