Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ridge Top Village at Shawnee(Shawnee on Delaware)
  • Pool
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort(Shawnee on Delaware)
View Hotel
Days Inn East Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
View Hotel
Depuy Townhouses(Shawnee on Delaware)
View Hotel
Pocono Inn At Water Gap(Delaware Water Gap)
Paramount Motel(Stroudsburg)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsscreened in porchbuttermilk fallsback porchwasher dryertwo storygame roomstwo bedroom villafull kitchenflat screenwelcome centerbasketball courtolder unitswhirlpool tubdvd playerother resortsthe delaware water gapactivity center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I'm very disappointed - I found Shawnee Resort to be overpriced and not nearly as nice as it appears in its advertising. Our villa was not ready when we arrived and we were told it was because the person assigned to clean it had arrived late. We had traveled all day to get there, had a wedding to attend, and had to wait an hour and a half to get into the villa. Additionally, when we tried to work something out, the staff were unhelpful and rude. The actual villa was spacious but utilitarian. For $250 a night, I expected something much nicer. It's very basic and there weren't even ice or dish soap in the kitchen or shampoo in the bathrooms. Villa was clean but felt worn out and very unattractive.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Nowhere in the fine print on line is there any mention that there is no allowance for family pets on the property- let alone a $500 fine! This resort is large enough that they could create a section that is pet friendly for those traveling with their pets. Since we were traveling with our dog, the staff tried to help find "local" boarding- with out of date phone numbers. We finally found a great place 25 minutes away.

This facility is very "no" oriented, with threats of fines for things that are not always easy to know- for instance, there is a large print sign on the back door asking you to turn off the lights when you leave, but the small print hidden in the welcome brochure mentions there is a $500 fine for not stripping the linens and taking out the trash. Maybe that should be in the large reminder on the back of the door! Beautiful grounds, good pools and recreational facilities, and comfortable units. The mini-golf is a little shabby.

1  Thank vagabond063
Reviewed August 22, 2011

So awful it's hard to figure out where to start bugs, awful customer service, absolutely the worst time share exchange ever! Just returned from a week in a Ridge Top vila. Upon check in we found curly black hairs in 2 of the 3 beds! The maids came and changed the sheets hours later. That night we killed dozens of ants in the kitchen and at 2am my sister and her husband actually left and went back to Nj because ants swarmed their bed! When they finally sent someone out to spray the man said "This happens every time it rains" My uncle's family also rented this week. He is handicapped and when he called them to make sure they could accommodate him they told him too bad they didn't have anything handicap accessible available and if he didn't want to walk up 2 flights of stairs with his cane every time he entered or excited he should try another resort! Worst customer service ever!

Room Tip: My tip on how to get the best room is Stay somewhere else! Avoid this place at all costs
6  Thank Suzzi428
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I exchanged our timeshare for a week at @ Depuy Village in Shawnee on Delaware, PA. I knew going into this trip that the units were dated so that was not a surprise. What I didn't know was how bad the unit would smell and how dirty it would be. My three kids and I checked in at 10:30 pm after a long drive. There was a horrible smell when we walked in. The bathrooms had moldy walls, there were food splatters on the walls in the kitchen and mold in the fridge. Accumulated dust everywhere. The next day I called Interval International to complain. They couldn't do anything for me so I went to the front desk. They had one other unit we could look at. It still smelled but not as bad as the first unit so we moved to the other unit. No food on the walls but still moldy bathrooms. One day we left for a while and when we came back someone had been in the unit to vacuum, all the chairs and tables were on top of other furniture (?). No towel exchange. They told me to wash them myself. When I ran the dryer the smoke detector kept going off so we had to open the windows for better ventilation. Dishwasher was broken, etc, etc, etc!!! If you want to feel comfortable in a condo don't stay here. One more kicker, apparently there is some inane law in PA that if there is a thunderstorm, the INDOOR pool must also be closed due to risk of electrocution...Really? Isn't that half the point of the indoor pool. Haven't they heard of grounding? I've lived in the midwest my entire live and have never heard of such a ridiculous state law!

Room Tip: I can't imagine there is one better than others.
2  Thank Chas630
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed at one of the Ridge Top Villas in Dec. for a belated Anniversary trip . . stayed a week . . it was gorgeous , we loved it!!!! They only had 2 bedrooms so it was just the 2 of us . . and lots of room, sooooo spacious . . we were very impressed !!!! It was the first time we'd been in the Poconos.. . We are Wyndham owners and have been to alot of different resorts in the past . . . we definitely liked this one also. Very comfortable, beautiful wooded surrounds, took lots of walks and enjoyed touring the area. It was a very short drive down the hill to the Rec Center which has the pool . . so we went swimming a few times in the heated indoor pool . . also large and very nice . We toured the game room, which looks like it would keep youngsters busy. We hope to go back and take the family in the future. . The customer service was excellent . We did go to a tour presentation and received a great gift . . . . but it's not required and you can always say 'no thanks' if they ask if you'd like to attend one. Overall, it's a beautiful resort . We will try a few others in the future , the next time we go. Ridgetop was wonderful!!!!! LIke everything else . . some people have bad experiences and some have great ones , our experience deserved a A ++++++++++++ .

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple