All reviewsscreened in porchbuttermilk fallsback porchlarge kitchenwasher dryertwo storytwo bedroom villawelcome centerflat screennice resortolder unitswhirlpool tubdvd playerother resortsactivity centerthe delaware water gapfamily vacation
Reviewed August 6, 2011

For the price that was charged the villa was very dated, one of the tv didn't work and water flow in the shower was very low. The patio was very dusty and the lumber was visually rotted. The villa had a an old smell ( like dirty carpet), the baseboard heaters was rusted, in general I did not like this place,would not stay or recommend anyone else.I took pictures of all of the above but do not know how to upload them. Forget to mention, front desk was horrible when I checked out.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Ralphd2010
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Returned to Shawnee Village Resort/Wyndham after 20 years to use our original timeshare week and unit. I don't think they've changed a thing. It looks like they raided bad yardsale leftovers to furnish. The couches were damaged and sunken; dining chairs' seats were badly stained; the beds lumpy; the linens for the pull-out (would not even dare to open it so we used a blow-up mattress) were stained and torn. With all lights on, the unit still has a dark and dingy feel, very depressing. Upon entering, the mustiness hits you in the face. When that fades from your olfactory memory, the odor of old, damp, burned wood emanates from the fireplace. WiFi, which we paid for, did not work for most of the week (not their fault?); it also took 2 days for the phone to function. Parking was ridiculous - out of numerical order and far from the unit. Pros: wonderful staff - helpful, apologetic, accommodating; grounds are kept nicely. 52 weeks in a year means that 52 owners each pay a yearly maintenance fee - that should be more than enough to cover a new piece of furniture and a coat of paint periodically. Not expecting the Taj Mahal, but come on. Rustic, okay. This - no way. They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank PerfectThyming
Reviewed July 23, 2011

This was our first and last trip to Wyndham Shawnee Village. Yes, the area is beautiful with the exception of all the billboards littering the road side, but the accommodations in no way live up to the standards Wyndham vacation resorts has previously set for themselves. We stayed in the Depue section, which was at least a half mile from the pools and activities center. The unit was FILTHY! We had to put a bedspread over the very uncomfortable couch In order to sit on it. The carpet had many stains...looked like soda had been spilled then dirt ground in. There were dead, bugs including moths, under seat cushons. Spider webs containg bugs were in every corner of the floor. The kitchen was very sparsely outfitted. Fundamental things missing were a toaster and cookie or baking sheets.
As current VIP owners, we felt ripped off. We will never stay there again, and will be leaving a very unfavorable review on our owners site. I cannot recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Buttsde
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The villa was old and outdated. When we first arrived and opened the doors, the villa smelled musky and old. The furnishings are outdated!. There were ants in the place. We got locked out, because one of us had put dead bolt on front door. And the keys would not work for back door, so we had to go to the reservations building 2:00 a.m. in the morning, and security had to come let us back in. I was very dissappointed in the overall especially when I had been to National Harbour back in March, and that was absolutely beautiful! Also the swimming pool was down for repairs the entire month of June and we were there in June.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tfinney
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Not only did you charge me for my vacation 6 months in advance, causing me to pay alot of interest, but after I modified my reservation 2 months after I made them from 10 nights to 5, I RECEIVED NO CREDIT ON MY CHARGE CARD. My vacation ended 2 weeks ago and I STILL HAVE NO CREDIT FOR MY CHARGE BILL. YOU OWE ME ALMOST $1000.00 Thanks for all the extra interest I'm paying and thanks to the supervisor and company exec who DID NOT RETURN MY PHONE CALLS. I hope I have made my dissatisfaction clear. Needless to say, I will not patronize a Wyndham property again, even tho a couple of local hotels have been favorites of ours.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family