“Wonderful time”

Pocono TreeVentures
More attraction details
Owner description: Take to the trees at Pocono TreeVentures aerial adventures ropes course in the Pocono Mountains. 66 elements and five courses from beginner to expert take you through the trees using small platforms constructed at various levels. The platforms are connected by different types of bridges that represent obstacles. Surrounded by the natural beauty of the Pocono Mountains, the highest point of the expert trail takes you up over 30 feet in the air with the beginner course offering an introductory experience for anyone new to the sport. Zip line between trees, try your skills balancing on rope walks, climb platforms, swing on wire walkways and fly through the air like a bird on dual racing zip lines. You decide your skill level and pick your challenge. Embrace your inner outdoor adventurist and give our aerial ropes adventure a try. Participants must be at least 42" tall and no more than 6'8" tall weighing less than 265 pounds. The courses are for ages 7 to adult. Reservations for groups of 12 or more must be made 24 hours in advance. Wear well-fitting clothing that does not allow anything to hang loose or get tangled in cables and rope. Long hair should be tied back. Jewelry should not be worn. Closed toe shoes are required
Pomptin lakes
“Wonderful time”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I went here with my 7 yr old very nervous daugher. When I first walked in I though the prices were a little high. But I was greeted very friendly by the staff. Harnessing took a little while but it's nice that they give you some extra time for that. When you come in you go though a safety briefing on how to use everything which was okay. When approaching the platform with a VERY nervous 7 year old I was greeted very friendly by randy on the platform he introduced himself with a huge smile on his face. While going though the first course my daughter became very scared and refused to continue though the course. That's when the staff went into action and made this a great experience. A staff member went up a ladder and stayed/talked my daughter though the whole thing. When I asked randy for a supervisor so I compliment the work this staff member did he said that is my supervisor. Thanks Brian for making this a truly great experience for my family and one my daughter will never forget. Get staff, a little pricey but a must go!

1 Thank Jameshofa2765

Harrisburg, PA
“Extremely challenging!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I went through all 5 courses and it was a blast! After the courses I went down the 1000 foot zip line and definitely enjoyed it. The only part I disliked was the price. Great for kids 7 and up and if your not in shape be prepared! Friendly staff, they helped me through out all courses. Will be back again and next time I'm bringing my whole family!

1 Thank Kjonesberry
Boyertown, Pennsylvania, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We got turned on to the Treeventure through the pocono palace while we where on vacation there. The palace had given us 5 dollar off tickets to use at the Treeventure. So we decided we would check it out and take the kids (all but one is over eighteen) the following week. So we took a drive and talked to a polite young lady that told us how it worked and that we could use a coupon for each person participating. Great we thought, see you next week. When we got there on June 30th at 10am is when things quickly got interesting. First we were asked if we where staying at there resort, when we told them "no" we where told we could only use one coupon for all six of us. I explained that we where told differently not 5 days ago, but he said since we where a group that it would be doubling. So if six individuals came that would be ok, but because we were all together that didn't fly. My wife and I decided to check it out anyway and spent 289.00 for the six of us. This is only for a two hour window and one zip line!!!! We asked if we could do all five lines in that amount of time and there answer was if your skilled enough and nobody gets stuck in your way. This is the third attraction of this nature we have experienced and the first one we were timed. We were also told we couldn't skip any courses and had to go in order. We are experienced and wanted to get to the blue and black courses. So we zipped through the yellow and the first green and then we asked if we could skip the second green because a good line had formed. The answer was "No" Since I had time on the main platform waiting I asked a guy working there, If they were all about safetly why do they only give you 2 hours? We felt rushed right from the start... We finally got on the second green and then toward the end a young kid had to be taken out of the tree....while we waited for 15 minutes that we paid for again. So frustrating, we finally got to the blue course with fifeteen minutes to spare and ran into a young couple ahead of us that we hadn't seen our whole time there. I saw the time on there back and knew they started after us yet where ahead of us with plenty of time to spare. I asked them how they got through the course so fast and they told us they where allowed to skip the second green because it is the same skill level. Later when we were taking our gear off I asked about this and I was told that the young couple had been here before and are staying at the resort. What does that matter according to there own rules? We ran out of time and couldn't do the black course.

The Good: I loved their courses, I liked the way one of your caribeeners was "locked" in at all times, and I loved the zipline!

The Bad: Time limit on doing the course to me is crazy. They should offer particpates at minimum the ability to do all five courses once. Also half the staff were unfreindly at best, we were at CBK mountain adventure recently and there staff was excellent! Also, how can you have a time limit with no room for people who need to be taken out of the trees by the staff, which happened twice during our visit. Also, you can't make a reservation so it's a crap shoot if they are busy when you go or not which hampers how fast you can get through the courses.

The Ugly: I felt like the coupons were to get us there, and then once your their you are on your own. Remember we even stopped to ask with the coupons in our hands at the time, but in the end we got 5 dollars of our 294.00 purchase. Also, the staff should all be on the same page with the "rules" because as a customer you are creating hard feelings amoung your participates if one group can skip lines but another can't. Be consistent atleast whatever you do.

In close, I will not be returning as a customer to Treeventures....In that area I would recommend CBK mountain adventure. You can do all five lines with no time limit and be greated by a freindly and expeienced staff. They have better obstacles in my opinion and the kids course is completly seperate. Also in Pa, the Ski roundtop vertical trek is a great place with guides that go on the course with you that we did later that same week. When I talked about it with one of their staff, he said that is the resort mentality that everything has to have a time limit. Think outside the box Treeventure.

11 Thank Kim S
“Great safe adventure”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I loved it. It was our first time doing any kind of zip lines. Great staff. The blue more advanced course got scary near the end. The zip race was awesome.

1 Thank Ziggy1978
New Jersey
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Very safe family friendly ropes courses:)”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We had 2 adults and 4 children ages 11, 12, 14, and 15. The locking caribeeners meant it really was not possible to fall off a plantform or obstacle. Yellow and green were just right for kids. The blue was challenging and fun. The black course will challenge the best athletes.