“Will Try It Again”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Asian Buffet

Royal Asian Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
MA
“Will Try It Again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

My friends and I were not too impressed with the Asain Buffet. We've been vacationing in the Poconos area for many years and were there for the grand opening in 2013. At that time, we were so impressed with the selections and quality of food, we decided to go back this year. We were very disappointed, although, I will say, we were there for lunch at 1:30....you need to go early...11:00, 12:00. They do have a wide selection of food and a stir fry area , many deserts/ice cream etc. The chicken with broccoli is delicious as well as the lo mein and baked ham. What we really got a kick out of was the Spanish music being played in a Chinese restaurant...really. We will probably give it another try next year, but, will go earlier.

Milford
“Big Selection & Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

Everything was absolutely delicious and fresh. Service was excellent! The lo mein was the best I've had and bok choy was a new vegetable to try at a buffet. The shrimp with a spicy hot sauce was delicious with white rice. You could slice your own prime rib. There are rows and rows of wonderful food selections. We are anxious to return!

Narrowsburg, NY
“Would be better if food was warm and trays were kept full”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

First of all let me point out that I am comparing this restaurant to other oriental buffets I have tried. I am giving them a poor rating but would give an avg. to very good rating if only the food was warm and trays were replenished when empty. The Royal Asian Buffet has many good points but just as many bad, The pluses, large restaurant and can accommodate groups easily. LOOKS VERY CLEAN which of course should be of the utmost importance to all, and is roomy and comfortable with a very good selection of Asian as well as American food (if trays were kept full) . Good location and ample parking. Prices are average for a buffet. Staff was polite we were seated very quickly even though they were somewhat busy. The drink server brought our drinks almost instantly however that was the last we saw of her until she brought our check along with a suggestion of a 20% gratuity for bringing one drink. Now for the food. I was surprised to see miso soup offered along with the regular won ton, hot and sour and egg drop. Soup was hot and flavorful and not too salty as buffet soups can sometimes be. This restaurant has a large area for sushi however it was basically empty with a few mashed up pieces of California rolls. I asked the sushi / hibachi chef if more was coming out and he said right away- which never happened. after about ten minutes only 8 more California rolls came out. I asked if any Tuna or Salmon sushi were coming out and was assured they would but never did, so I gave up on them and settled for a few of the California rolls.The fresh ginger never materialized either after several request. Now I understand the difficulties in keeping food hot in a buffet setting and I don't expect everything will be hot but ice cold is unacceptable to me. I really didn't enjoy anything else as most trays of what I wanted were either empty or the food was so cold as to be very unappealing. Fried rice / hibachi rice was cold, dry and stuck together with little flavor. Egg Rolls were dry and cold. Mongolian beef was so fatty and cold that I couldn't eat it at all. My wife said the boneless ribs were very good and hot as they just brought out a fresh batch. She also said her BBQ pork was tasty but very cold. Sweet and sour chicken was hot-but dry and tasteless. Good selection of fish, shrimp, clams and other seafood, some of which were OK and others terrible. I don't think I will be returning to the Royal Asian and cannot recommend it.

Bushkill, Pennsylvania
“Not great but okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband, my 16yr old son, 3 year old daughter and I went here twice and both times it was so-so. The food is okay but they advertise lobster- it's pretty much pieces of chopped up odds and ends of either left over lobster or possibly some left over crab mixed together in a strange tasting sauce. NOT for me if I can't tell exactly what it is! The rest of the food was your typical Chinese with a few trays of American and Italian such as french fries and pizza. Most of the food is not very fresh. Both times I also noticed a lot of empty buffet trays that took a long time to be refilled. Forget about the crab legs, if you don't wait in line for them for a half an hour while they are making more your not getting any because you have to wait there and be the first 5 people on that line to get any at all before the tray is empty again. I have to say the wait staff was very friendly and tried to keep my 3 year old occupied while we waited for the trays of food to be refilled. All in all not worth it.. I rather order take out from my local Chinese restaurant. At least I won't have to wait in line.

• Visited April 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
“What a selection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Very family-friendly. All kinds of food. My 3 yr old isn't crazy about Chinese, so she was happy with all the other dishes she could choose from (quesadillas being one of them!). And I was surprised with the selection. My husband enjoyed the hibachi-style made to order dish. We went at lunchtime and felt like the price for the buffet lunch was a great deal.

Visited April 2014