“Huge portions, again. Hot even when we got it home.”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Lady of the house and I ordered food to go here last week. Got the pot roast with mashed and corn and Reuben w/fries. 30 min. drive home = food still hot! Loads of fries. Thank you!
The Reuben wasn't overloaded with dressing or sauerkraut. It's always just right. Grilled perfectly; not burned, not underdone. Pot roast = excellent size portion, the mashed potatoes were excellent. They don't skimp on portions here. I've said it before in my other reviews of this particular Perkins and other Perkins that I've visited.

We'll be back.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We went to Perkins Restaurant in the Pocono for my son's birthday! As usual, service was great! Our server was Paul. He's very nice and friendly. Food was excellent! The restaurant is clean. This is our favorite restaurant in East Stroudsburg!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I love the breakfasts at Perkins. They make the best omelets and no matter what time it is and what my husband orders, I always order an omelet. The raspberry ice tea is the best anywhere. I always drink at least 2 glasses of the ice tea.
We always bring home food from Perkins as they give us so much. I like that as I have it for breakfast the next day. You cannot beat their breakfast menu. The rest of the menu is great too but I always stick with breakfast food.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

This place has a fabulous menu and a great server by the name of Tashima who immediately impressed by her upset at our less than clean table when we were seated for lunch. I am always responsive to a thoughtful and caring server who adds to the dining experience and Tashima did just that! The food was terrific and the prices more than reasonable at this ovely, well appointed restaurant on Route 209 in East Stroudsburg-Marshall's Creek, Pa. The Spinach Salad with Chicken and hard boiled egg, mushrooms, applewood smoked bacon and tomatoes served on fresh spinach with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing was excellent. The Honey Mustard Chicken Crunch consisting of crispy chicken strips, red onions, green peppers, tomatoes, Cheddar cheese, applewood smoked bacon and Honey Mustard dressing in fresh garden greens received rave reviews. My entree was the Jumbo Shrimp Dinner which was advertised to be a "generous portion" of crispy jumbo butterfly shrimp served with zesty cocktail sauce was somewhat disappointing. Why? The portion was not generous and felt more like an appetizer than an entree. That said, I would still heartily recommend this restaurant...especially if you have the benefit of a server like Tashima who impressed us throughout the dining experience. Food fresh, delicious, and this place stood tall when we compared it to similar local eateries like Friendly's. Give it a try!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were staying overnight at a nearby hotel and we saw Perkins on the way in and thought we would dine there, since we'd eaten here before at the one in Raleigh, NC many times. I took my wife here for our anniversary and told her to get anything she wanted, so she ordered this big cheeseburger that was on the menu and I ordered the pot roast, both which were delicious! I got mash potatoes and green beans. The potatoes didn't have gravy on them and I asked our little waitress to bring me some, which she did gladly. The food and service there were wonderful. The girl who checked us out was very nice and kind also. This is why we come back. Great food and great dining with a wonderful, helpful staff.