“not very good”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 3, 2014

My first time eating at perkins and lets just say I will not be back. The pancakes were ok, but the home fries were not very good, deep fried which I hate. The toast just seemed different to and whoever cut it and buttered made a mess and the butter wasn't even melted on. My boyfriend got an omelet and asked for american cheese and instead he got cheddar, he got the hashbrowns which were not the best but better than the home fries. The waitress was not the best either, I put my glass over to the edge so she would see it and she started coming to our table and stopped, so we thought she was getting us water..nope...when we eventually saw her we had to ask and we were her only table so its not liked she was swamped...just wasnt a very satisfying meal at all and will not be back

Reviewed May 1, 2014

The waitress we had was great. The manager was very attentive (even though we had no problems). The sign of a well run kitchen is when the manager can make a cameo during the busiest time and nothing suffers from it. Such was the experience we had here. We stopped in when the place was 98% full. No problem getting a clean table (I HATE being seated and then the table is cleaned!), which did not happen here. We had burgers which were cooked correctly and not dried out. The fries were very good. Coffee was strong, refilled, and delicious! Prices were as expected. Menu was varied without being War & Peace. Not quiet, but no objectionable noise. Overall, everything was as good as could be expected and maybe better in some instances. Knowing what you should be getting, it exceeded sometimes and always met those expectations. Would assuredly stop again. Again, fantastic service.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Visited last week on our way home from a long weekend.
We were seated immediately again.
Our server was a nice young lady who brought our drinks over right away.
Lady of the house got the pot roast and I got a burger.
The pot roast was exactly like last time: hot, fresh and large portions.
Burger was cooked med. rare like I asked. Hot, fresh and large. -had to cut it in half. NOT a complaint: a compliment folks.

We've never been disappointed with any Perkins we've dined at. Ever.

We'll be back. It's right down the road a piece.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I recently had an early dinner at the Perkins in Marshalls Creek (East Stroudsburg), PA.
The food was good. The service was excellent. The entire staff was pleasant. We especially liked our server, Hana, (I believe that was her name.) We would go back.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food is good and service is friendly and fast. They have a good selection to choose from on their menu and you can get breakfast anytime. It has easy on and off from Rt. 80. No scenic view. A great place to go to when you are traveling and do not want to wander too far off the main route.