“Local charm”
Review of New 209 Diner

New 209 Diner
Reviewed September 17, 2013

stopped for breakfast on our last day in the Poconos and we were greeted by a friendly young woman who was very attentive and professional and helpful. The diner car is a fun place to eat and have a good time. Food was very good and worth the price, which was affordable. Overall this is a place to stop at if you like diner food and local charm of an area you are visiting. I recommend this diner.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

A few weeks ago, I, my wife and friends were returning from a Poconos' vacation and decided to go to a well-publicized flea market in the area, The flea market itself turned out to be pretty disappointing and pretty far off the I-80 exit. It was a very busy Sunday and the eating places we though we'd try were crowded. So we stopped at the unassuming 209 Diner and were glad we did.
The menu isn't quite as large as most diners, but it isn't small either. None of us were expecting much and to a person, were pleasantly surprised. I had a shrimp dish that was well prepared and full of large shrimp. My wife had a made-to-order omelet that was chock full of fresh vegetables. Our waitress was efficient and helpful. Try it, you'll like it.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I ordered a Greek salad and it was amazing.I even ordered extra grape leaves they were so good.the salad was so big I couldn't finish it.the gyros are phenomenal. the waitresses are pleasant and I will continue to visit the 209 diner. they also have great specials!:)

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I ordered a Greek Salad and my wife ordered a Chicken Caesar wrap. The wrap was very tasty but messy. The Greek Salad was $9.95 for a large Greek salad which was mostly lettuce, 2 slices of cucumber, 2 slices of tomato and loose runny feta cheese.. (I asked for No olives) The tomatoes were tasteless which is surprising considering fresh tomatoes are in season. The Grape leaves were the worst I have ever had. I manage to eat a Greek salad maybe twice a week either at home or eating out. The grape leaves were extremely bitter and tasted old. I've bought better tasting grape leaves from any of several nearby grocery stores as well as canned ones from a Mediterranean market. These were the worst grape leaves I'd ever had. I complained and they brought me what was supposed to be new grape leaves from another can and they tasted no different. I have to say if this were my first Greek Salad, I'd never have had another. Instead I will continue eating Greek Salad but never from here again. The owner tried explaining that they taste bitter because they are refrigerated and in olive oil. The ones I buy and eat at home are also stored in olive oil and refrigerated so their excuse for the bitterness doesn't fly. They were old and bitter. $10 for a Greek Salad with old grape leaves, tasteless tomatoes, runny feta cheese, very little cucumbers and mostly lettuce is not worth it. Lunch was $22.16 for a Greek salad, a Chicken Caesar Wrap, Coca Cola and a Diet Coke not counting tip. This has got to be the WORST Greek Salad in the Poconos! Don't waste your time or money here.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This place had a very tacky feeling inside of the place. The food was terrible/ The whole place smelled like simple green to a point my eyes started to water. The bathrooms were not the cleanest. The service was not very good and after we got out food we did not see the server for about 30 minutes. will never return and will never recommend.