“Nice Unit with Many Family Activities.”
Review of Fernwood Resort

Fernwood Resort
Salem, New Hampshire
“Nice Unit with Many Family Activities.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed in a very nice studio, clean and well stocked. There are many things to do on the property. We went there mainly for golf. The course is nice and very reasonably priced. For families, there are pools, horse back riding, bumper boats, paintball,arcades and mini golf. We also noticed a tubing area for the winter. We did not try the onsite dining, but there were several options.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from holes 10 thru 18 which are mixed in with the units. We stayed on a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Disneygirl858
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our resort! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. In your review you took time to list some of our popular on site amenities as well as notify future guests of our on-site dining. Since we pride ourselves on being a family friendly resort, we offer an abundance of diverse activities to satisfy each member.

I noticed that you enjoyed our golf course, which has been popular with our guests and our local community for many years. We hope to see you again soon to make your next getaway as enjoyable as this one!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My fiance and I stayed from May 3- 5, 2013. We were really excited because we received a promotional price so that they could woo us with their service and try to get us to purchase a timeshare. We couldn't beat the price on such short notice. Problem number one, you can't find the resort with the directions or gps address they provide. Second, the place is infested with roaches of all sizes that commune in the refrigerator, dishwasher, and kitchen sink. Third, the quality of the bed and sheets... I've had better at hostel's in third world countries! The last and most irritation aside from the roaches, was the customer service. We were scheduled by the resort to take a 90 minute timeshare presentation a half hour before check out. We called starting Saturday evening all the way till the time of the presentation and no one wanted to help or then answer our phone calls. The manager at the front desk was a complete jerk who ignored our complaints. I have never been treated so poorly at any resort/hotel/hostel, ever! You couldn't pay me to visit that place again. It's hard to imagine that people own those villas. Unkempt, infested, and rude service. Who pays for that?!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kimberly R
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property. Our resort always appreciates guest feedback so that we can continue to grow and improve. First and foremost, I would like to genuinly apologize for any inconviences that you incurred during your stay. Your complaint has been sent to our Mainteance Department so that they can try and determine which villa you stayed in to ensure that the concerns you have listed have been taken care of. The villas are all checked and treated on a regular basis to prevent inconveniences such as the one that you may have unfortunately endured. I have shared your review with the General Manager as well as the Director of Guest Services with regard to the customer service you received, so that they may address all of the staff.

I would like to thank you again for taking time to bring this to our attention and giving our resort a review.

Travelers are raving about these East Stroudsburg hotels

Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed May 1, 2013

the place is tranquil and beutiful. When we arrived it looks like a community of townhomes really nice and we entered our villa. immediately there is a half bathroom the stairs and you enter the living room with a small flat screen tv, fire place, a dinning area with a nice glass table, and a small kithchen that is equppied with everything . Then upstairs in our villa there was a full or i think it was a queen bed with a full bathroom and downstairs it was a big bedroom with a couch, tv, full bathroom w/ jacazzi and screen doors to the outside. The great feature was that it had many screen doors to go outside. The place was clean and I felt right at home.

Room Tip: we stayed in villa 1529
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank konejita13
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Your review of our property is greatly appreciated! In your description of our resort you chose to use the words beautiful and tranquil. These are two wonderful words to describe our resort in the spring.

Our property is sporadically enhanced in the spring with tulips, daffodils, blooming cherry trees, as well as other seasonal flora and fauna that are sure to brighten anyone’s day. I was glad to see that your accommodations were comfortable and felt like a home away from home.

Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next vacation!
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I just got back from a weekend (Fri, Apr. 26-Sun Apr.28) at the Treetop Villas - Fernwood Resort. I was invited to the resort through a friend who referred me for the timeshare so i had a wonderful comp. stay. I had a one bedroom villa.

Check-in:
-Very fast, less than 5 minutes. <--We arrived at night.

Villa:
- The Villa was very clean
- Plenty of Towels
- Lots of Space
- Loved the balcony
- I didnt get to use the kitchen but it had pots, pans, cups, soap and everything you need if you were to cook and wash dishes. It had a dishwasher as well.
-Bathroom: The tub was very deep because it also turned into a Jacuzzi. The girls were not happy to climb into the tub, but it was no big deal.
- The villa has a fake fire place, which looked pretty cool. We turned it on at night when we watched tv.
-The only thing I did not like about the villa was the smell. I could'nt put my finger on it, it wasnt terrible but it was just a bit odd. It wasnt a big deal for us, the kids didnt even noticed. maybe it was just me.

Pools:
- We went into 2 of the indoor pools at the resort.
- One of the pools had a kiddie pool, which was nice. The water was warm, which was good too.They also provided towels.
-The other pool, by the check-in area, ranged from 3 feet to 5 feet. This pool was a bit cooler, it took sometime to get use to. This pool area also has a jacuzzi for the adults. the Jacuzzi seemed to be at pool water temparature not warm or hot like jacuzzi's are suppose to be. They did not provide tools in this pool area.
-But overall we had fun! Kids loved the pools.

The Grounds:
-Very nice, quiet and relaxing. they seem to be making some new buildings. I saw a kid training camp that looked like it was almost done. Probably be ready for the summer.

Activities:
-there are plenty of activities to do in the poconos and at the resort.
-In the resort, we went horseback riding, and also did the tie dye activity.
-Outside the resort, we did some hiking and saw the Bushkill falls, which is really close to the resort.(10 min drive)

Staff:
-Very nice.

Overall:

We had a great time. It was a perfect mini getaway for the weekend. It is a great place for the family, couples and friends to do outdoor activities. The girls (my daughter and cousin) had a blast and cant wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JJRS0808
I would like to begin by thanking you very much for reviewing our resort. Feedback is always important to us and that is why I am so appreciative that you were detailed on why you enjoyed your stay. I was happy to see that it was a medley of our attentive employees, relaxing accommodations, refreshing pools, manicured grounds, and entertaining activities. Our property is continuously striving to provide excellent services.

We hope to see you in the future to make your next getaway as enjoyable as this one.
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a short Poconos vacation at the Villas at Fairways. We had a great time; no complaints whatsoever. Our 2BR villa was clean and nicely furnished; beds were comfortable; and the view of the woods and stream were lovely. Took advantage of the indoor pools and nature walks. Good trout fishing area. Front desk staff at the Fernwood were friendly and accommodating (kudos to Gregg and Ilene - they took an interest in ensuring we had a pleasant stay). Best testimonial - we look forward to returning!

Room Tip: We stayed in a villa in section 3440-3444
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M B
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our resort. I am always so thrilled when I hear that our Resort is providing excellent guest service. I have shared your review with our Housekeeping and Front Desk Departments. In addition to how happy you were with our services, you mentioned what a great area we are in for trout fishing and nature walks. Our prime location near the Delaware River National Recreation Area makes it easy to enjoy all of the natural beauty and adventure that the Pocono Mountains have to offer. We hope to see you again so that we can make your next getaway as memorable as this one!
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Fernwood Resort ran a package for Valentines day weekend for $360 which included 2 snowtubing tickets and 1 $25 ez cards towards food purchases. We read reviews on this place and was concerned but for the price we thought we'd give it a try, which I am glad we did. Being that this is the Poconos, we weren't expecting luxury or even a 4* experience. We went in with low expectations decor wise but still expected cleanliness.

Upon arrival we checked in at the main building which was clean and nice. Some of the staff weren't the happiest looking bunch but our check in/out rep were welcoming and friendly. After receiving our package/room keys, we drove down a long road and into the villa area. The exterior of our villa was the updated one & we were pleased with that. They look like town houses which I thought was cute. Our villa had two levels, we were on the lower level. Upon entry we were pleasantly surprised. There were no smells, everything appeared to be clean especially the kitchen area. The bathroom was clean for the most part but not to our standards. We came equipped to give everything( bathroom, hard surfaces, doorknobs, etc.) a once over regardless so it didn't really bother us but the jets in the jacuzzi were filthy and the shower head was in need of a change. TIP: run the jacuzzi once a twice before using, black particles reveal themselves. The linen had a black dot stain on it and I can't remember if I found a strand of hair underneath the pillow but I'm leaning towards yes. Big deal call the main office get the maid to bring new ones. Carpet seemed to be in good condition but we wore slippers and I advise you to do the same. Room has cable,self adjusted heat/air and patio with views of greenery/villas.

Location was cool, many restaurants, grocery, snowtubing, horseback riding all nearby. Further away bushkill falls, shooting range, rollerskating and other activities. We were entertained and had a good time. So overall good value for the money on the package deal we received. Lately I've noticed how pricey it is and it isn't worth it to me. If they ran another deal at this price point I would visit again and request the same room.

Room Tip: Stayed in studio villa 6013B
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dasia w
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I am so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations! In your review you mentioned that you enjoyed the pricing, view, our on site amenities, and local attractions. I was glad to read that our housekeeping department accommodated you with additional linens. The tip that you gave about the whirlpool tub is a handy one. The black particles that you speak of are sentiment and that occurs when the tub hasn’t been used in a while. This is simply resolved by running the water for a few minutes.

I am glad that you enjoyed the Valentine’s Day Package that we offered this year. We are continuously updating our packages and try to provide an array of different options.

Thank you so much for the review and we look forward to seeing you for your next getaway!
Melville, New York
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I am writing anothe review because they did not like that I mentioned our relaxing 2 day vacation when we left Fernwood.

Upon arriving at the villa they shampooed the carpet as promiced. However I checked under the sheets and nticed that the mattress pad had hair on it and under it. I am learning form watching t.v. on how to check if a hotel is clean. I had to have housekeeping come and changethe sheets and mattress pad. There was cobwebs on the back of the heater near the t.v. stand in the bedroom. On top of the picture hanging over the bed, there was a build up of dust on top of the picture frame. The bathroom sink had hair on it. The jacuzzi had hair on it.

All we are asking is that you hire competent cleaners, housekeepers. You charge $50 and the place is not cleaned properly. Management does not care about these issues. Why would we invite someone over and not clean our house. Try selling a dirty house.

The bathroom toilet was clogged and flowed over. The kitchen sinks water was not going down. We had to call maintenance for these issues twice. Each day something went wrong. The last day they were tired of me and took 3 hours to deliver toilet paper. I will think of you when I use it. Ha Ha A new guy cleaned the bathrrom after the toilet was fixed. He did a wonderful job. He said that he cleaned it just like how he would clean his own.

I went to a unit with the inspector when it was being cleaned. To my astonishment the cleaning woman had her sneakers on the bed spread while she was cleaning without them. She did not like that I told her she should not have her sneakers on the bed. She called Greg Hoffman the manager and reported me for being in the unit while she cleaned. I showed her the mattress pad it had hair and I made her chang it for the next guess.

The manager Gregg Hoffman did not sy anything when I told himthe cleaner had she sneakers resting on the bed while she cleaned. He was upset with me. He told me that I should not have been in that villa. I told him that I finished up my days for the sampler contract. I told him I am not coming back. He said that he would help me not to come back.

Management does not care if the villas are cleaned properly.

The family that stayed next to us walked heavily in the night. They also woke us up at 8:15 Am

I called the front desk and complained. The grey haired woman told me if I can't sleep I should take a walk. I immediately got dressed and went and spoke to her.

Paper Thin Walls Equals No Privacy and Not Much Sleep

My husband works midnight to 8 Am and does alot of overtime. I wanted him to sleep uninterrupted. This is not the place to go if you want to be stress free. I had less stress at home and I slept late. I slept late. In the night I heard someone peeing and flushing the toilet in the other villa.

I cancelled the other 2 years of the sampler contract. .

Sandramacer@yahoo.com

Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Fernwood Resort? Share your experiences!