“Awesome, will be coming back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Stroudsburg
Mountain Vista Campground
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Awesome, will be coming back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We just got back from Mt Vista. It was awesome. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and the campsites were big and they were nice and laid back. The only negative was that there is no bathhouse close to where the tents are placed who are the people who need it most but it doesn't ruin the experience. Great location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Melissa P

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Port, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We found this to be a beautiful campground, with a very generous sized campsite. The staff and owners were all very friendly, and the grounds were well kept. We appreciated the fact that full time residents were not allowed here - my understanding is that even the seasonal sites are only allowed to be occupied a maximum of 4 days a week - it feel less like a neighborhood, and more like a campground, which is why we go in the first place.

Room Tip: The staff is very accomodating in site selection - just tell them what you are looking for and they...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Forked River, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We have recently stayed at Mt Vista for the third time. We very much enjoy the activites they have for the evenings, such as a hot dog buffet, karoke, trick or treating and birthday bingo. The sites were not to close together and are kept clean. Sitting poolside in the summer was great, the skyline filled with skydivers every few minutes. There is plenty of tourist attractions close to the campground as well. We have taken a trip to the local fleamarket and to Bushkill Falls. I do wish the price was for four campers, but I have noticed that many campgrounds site price is for two campers. We will return soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank April K
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Unfortunately this review couldn't even make it past the staying stage but in a minute you will understand why.

I called Mountain Vista Campground to reserve a campsite for approximately 2-2 1/2 months. First I was greeted by an unprofessional woman who did not identify herself and sounded rude. Upon hearing not only what I was looking for including 50 amp, water, electric, sewer I was told "this is a vacation campsite, I will have to speak to the manager but we don't allow living situations". Living?!!! I don't recall saying anything about living. I'm not requesting to dig a foundation and plant my 5er on site forever, i'm requesting on of the 100 extended stay sites they say they offer for a max of 2 1/2 months. Also might I add that their website & Woodall's state they not only have extended stay sites but also have monthly fees for those staying longer than your typical weekend camping trip and such. Ok, how can they top this off......by asking if I have a washing machine in my 5er. When I told her "Yes, I do" that sealed the deal of not even remotely being helpful at all and stated "We don't allow Rv's with washing machines because we have a laundromat." So let me get this straight, you can't wash your own clothes in your own 5er/RV? What does that tell me? They're all about taking as much as they can from you for your stay right down to the quarters it take for you to wash your clothes in THEIR laundromat and don't care about customer convenience. Wow.....impressive. After this encounter I find it HARD to believe Woodall's gave them a 9-10-10 on the rating scale. I think that rating should be reviewed seriously.

I found another site that has and absolutely deserves the ratings they received, which happen to be a 9-10-9 on the Woodall's scale and is the same distance from where we plan to visit. Not only was this other site extremely friendly but were more than helpful in reserving EXACTLY what I wanted and went out of their way to make sure they got me the site I wanted and never once told me I can't wash my own clothes in my own 5er or that my stay is too long even though their campground also has extended stay sites. This second campground happens to be a WELL recognized campground.

I hope the manager of Mountain Vista finds this review because I guarantee an owner of a campground who lives off of people utilizing there facilities isn't going to turn down a GUARANTEED 3 months rent @ $760 a month including electric and propane charges and chances are the unprofessional representative who I dealt with never even called the manager and made that decision on her own.

THANK GOD I didn't get to move my 5er there because after this experience just on the phone I could only imagine what it would be like actually being there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank 559JayR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was our first trip but it won't be the last. Awesome campground with very friendly staff. We camp in a trailer but with a 5 year old and 2 year old we visited the bathrooms on our walk around the campsite. They were spotless.
We are planning our trip back this year. Can't wait.
The campsites are a good size. We loved walking around looking at all the wood carvings. This campsite is a gem.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Inkey72
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Where to start. The campsite is the smallest I have ever stayed in just enough room to park. The firewood they sell is to wet to burn, really have to gets hot fire going with dry wood to even consider burning the wood they sell. The bathrooms/showers are comparable to using a portapotty at a concert, filthy. The staff at check in is miserable , not even a smile. And the cabin door good luck opening, they are so swelled have to kick to open and close. Never stay there again and wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Edward S
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at the campground for a week. We enjoyed the campground but it did have some negatives including small sites, only one bathroom location and steep hills. Overall the positives outweighed the negatives which included: the campground staff was very pleasant, the store was adequately supplied, there was plenty to do (including a DJ one night), the price was very reasonable, the campground is pet friendly (and people pick up after their pets), and it was only a short drive to everything. If we were to camp in this area again we would consider coming back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Timothy Lake South RV
Timothy Lake South RV
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Mountain Vista Campground? Share your experiences!