“Issues with Heat, Housekeeping, and Pool” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos

Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Hopatcong, New Jersey
“Issues with Heat, Housekeeping, and Pool”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed here for three nights to go skiing nearby. With two young boys, we expected the indoor pool to be a big plus. The pool was 62 degrees and much too cold to swim in. The boys tried, but were chilled to the bone quickly and had to be rushed into a hot bath!

One of our rooms had a crack in the outside wall and was freezing. There were no other rooms available and we had to have this repaired. Unfortunately the room remained cold as the fan (which cannot be shut off) only blows outside air. This is true in all the rooms, but when the bed is next to the heating/fan unit, it blows cold air on whoever is in bed trying to sleep or watch TV. The only way to shut off the fan is to shut off the heat itself! UNACCEPTABLE!!!

There is supposed to be daily light housekeeping (a sign in the bathroom says you will get clean towels, trash emptied, and bed made). In one of our rooms this was NEVER even attempted! The housekeeper just asked if we needed towels. In the other room it was done on the 1st day but on the 2nd we had to call and request this service at 3:30 PM. We were told that the hotel was out of towels and that housekeeping was still working as the hotel was full. Sorry, but I stay at hotels every other week for business, and have for almost 20 years, and have NEVER returned to a room at 3:30 PM to find it as I left it! They promised to deliver towels in 10 minutes but when that did not happen I tracked down a housekeeper to get some towels.

The walls here are so thin that I could hear my neighbor talking, hear their TV, and, unfortunately, be awakened at 5:10 AM when their alarm went off! This was right through the wall behind the bed, no connecting door to blame.

All in all, I am sure there are much better choices. Stay away from this poorly run and poorly designed hotel.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. If you are already booked and can't cancel...get a room where the heat...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Caren_H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We would like to obtain some additional information about your experience and have sent you a private message.

Thank you again for your comments, we hope to hear from you soon.

Adrian D
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Sh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Would stay away..son woke up with bug bites in feb. Pool, ice cold and bathroom by pool splattered with human feeces. Staff unwilling to help or smile. Asking for soap was to much for them.. Smells and feels dirty.

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank ALIBMQ
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Connie D

Travelers are raving about these East Stroudsburg hotels

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

We often stay in this area and were looking for accommodations that were close to the PA/NJ border with a kitchenette at a reasonable price and The Staybridge Suites definitely delivered. The suite consisted of a kitchenette, living area with sofa, desk, dresser, king bed and a large bathroom with a vanity area. The cabinets were stocked with many condiments, china, utensils as well as anything that was needed to cook a meal. The refrigerator was larger than the usual mini-fridges and had a freezer unit with an ice-maker. A hot breakfast was provided as well and the hotel gym was great for my morning workout. The front desk staff was very personable and informative, providing a welcoming atmosphere to our weekend stay. I'm a very picky traveler (you can check out my previous reviews as evidence) but I would highly recommend this facility if you plan to stay in the East Pocono area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank petehz
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

The staff made what could have been just another hotel stay something very enjoyable, they are all friendly and you can hold "real" conversation with them and not just that hotel speech you find in so many places.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill A
Wallingford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Went up to Poconos for skiing with my finance this MLK weekend, it was a last minute idea call Staybridge and they were able to book us a room. Super sweet on the phone, the lady who help Tina reassured me over and over we had a room and not to worry about it being last minute. When we go there the room was nice, the price was right. Staff was friendly and made sure we had what we needed, saw a lot of families as well so good for couples and families. Deff going back next time we go up to the Poconos, may Valentines Weekend! Thanks Staybridge!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I checked into this location on Friday January 17, 2014 and intended to check out on Monday January 20, 2014 for a ski weekend with my boyfriend. Unfortunately our vacation was cut short due to him finding a bedbug in our room 323, and remnants of blood on his shirt with no sign of a cut. We decided to leave at 6am Sunday morning, immediately after realizing that we could not comfortably go back to sleep after the incident. When leaving I asked the woman at the front desk (Ronesha) to file a report and have her supervisor call me as soon as possible. I received no call on Sunday or Monday, in fact I had to call back on 2 occasions to get in contact with someone today (Tuesday Jan 21st). I finally spoke to Tina, General Manager, that offered a half-hearted apology and did not look to resolve this situation at all. In fact she told me that it was a stink bug and not a bed bug, although the two insects look nothing alike. I now have multiple bug bites on my body that are extremely itchy...however stink bugs don't bite. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, and suggest that you find another hotel to spend your vacation.

I have uploaded pictures of the bug found and the bites I have...you be the judge.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
11 Thank WellTraveled2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear WellTraveled2014,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For this reason, your comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We have sent you a private message regarding this particular experience.

We look forward to your response and be of further assistance.

Lera P
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

2nd stay here. rooms are great and clean. (most) of the staff is really nice. Breakfast buffet, the first time around was great the breakfast attendant was awesome. (Spanish lady) was so nice and attentive to everyone's needs. This time around the breakfast attendant was flustered and lost. She was disorganized and milk containers, and food containers were dirty with dried food stuck to it. I asked her for the Spanish lady that worked there and she spoke to me with an attitude that she wasn't with them anymore. I spoke to the Asian lady at the front desk and was brushed off. I feel like if this is the way I will be treated and served in dirty containers I don't need to be there ever again. BRING THE SPANISH LADY BACK....PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: comfy rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank SadnDisapntd
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear SadnDisapntd,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service at breakfast prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were truly pleased to see your positive comments for the staff as well as the high scores for Cleanliness, Rooms, and Sleep Quality. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
#5 of 8 in Stroudsburg

Been to Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!